Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 02-07-10, 08:39 AM   #76
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Lc I played the Tigers Shake Kurtenki mission and did not experience any problems with the map.No loss of data or anything else.Everything went fine except that I got careless and a well-concealed SU85 killed my driver halfway through the mission.My wingmen decided to take a break and left me after taking out a couple of T34s and APCs...

You didn´t have that problem before downloading the latest fixed version?

What about the other ZW members?Hey guys let´s hear it from you.ZW needs to have some feedback even if it´s to say everything's running fine and dandy!

Hi frinik,

its when i look at my mini map, then the road where i should travel is missing. Instaead i am in a big green sqaure like the woods. But it doesnt matter. I played that mission 1000 times, it doesnt bother me.

In the 6th mission everything is ok with my little map. There is a huge improvement in almost everything.

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 02:18 PM   #77
uk-recce
Watch

Downloads: 2

Hi
Can someone please give me some advice,which Mission 6 patch should we use, the original one we got when we first joined as members, or newC2_Mission6 that you can get on ZeeWolfs web site?
Cheers
uk-recce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 02:46 PM   #78
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk-recce View Post
Hi
Can someone please give me some advice,which Mission 6 patch should we use, the original one we got when we first joined as members, or newC2_Mission6 that you can get on ZeeWolfs web site?
Cheers
Hello uk-recce,
Use the link I sent. The mission 6 on my website as well as the one on Filefront are the free version with no updates.

The members only files for you will come via e-mailed link that will require a password.
I know I get somewhat to focused at times and that gives me a limited perspective that leads to this type of confusion. Now that the bugs have
been (mostly) repaired I will soon be able to bring my website and everything else up to speed. The work that was required to do the bug fixes was some of the most difficult thus far. Now that we are at this level of compatibility (meaning:running as well on my machine as yours ) I can again focus on the things we all want from T34 vs Tiger.

Cheers
ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 03:15 PM   #79
uk-recce
Watch

Downloads: 2

Thank you ZeeWolf for the speedy answer. Your customer care is excellent
Cheers
uk-recce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-10, 03:22 PM   #80
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by uk-recce View Post
Thank you ZeeWolf for the speedy answer. Your customer care is excellent
Cheers
Thanks

ZW
Old 02-07-10, 10:16 PM   #81
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Top Notch!

ZW; I second what Uk-Recce said; we're getting top notch support from you

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 04:16 AM   #82
LcSummers
XO

HI ZW,

uk-recce and frinik are right. Its an excellent service. Now that TvT is running on all members PC, i think supporting each other will speed up your goals.

We know its really hard work for you but we are behind you in every sense belonging TvT.

Now cant wait for other improvments and comments, so not only you ZW but we are busy too.

Thanks to all of you for your support and kindness.

LC
Old 02-08-10, 11:16 AM   #83
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Default Fixes for Updated Mission Release for ZW´s Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
I concur with you Mort great support form ZW!

Just to compare notes with you guys how many FPS do you average with the game?. What kind of graphic card do you have with dedicated or shared mem?

I average about 12 FPS( with antialiasing and forest animation turned off the rest at 80% and a screen resolution of 1024 X 768).My gc is an ATI Radeon with 512 mgs dedicated and 1794 shared.I also have the game on a laptop with an Nvidia 7000 (256 dedicated) and with aa and forest animation turned off & the rest low and S.R. of 800 x 600)I average 8.4

Cheers
AMD X2 4800
4gigs of RAM
Nvidia 9800GT

WinXP PRO SP3
1920 by 1080 on 23" LCD Widescreen

I run medium settings, (but am at work and will update this tonight).

I average FPS in the high 30's and they slow down a bit when a lot of tanks are burning, low 20's.

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 12:11 PM   #84
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by LcSummers View Post
HI ZW,

uk-recce and frinik are right. Its an excellent service. Now that TvT is running on all members PC, i think supporting each other will speed up your goals.

We know its really hard work for you but we are behind you in every sense belonging TvT.

Now cant wait for other improvments and comments, so not only you ZW but we are busy too.

Thanks to all of you for your support and kindness.

LC
That is a fantastic idea, thanks again you guys. I truly appreciate your time
as well and please do not think I take that for granted. This kind of project is a group one and best served by those (like us) who are passionate.

My Best Regards

ZW
Old 02-08-10, 02:10 PM   #85
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

In action I am seeing 15-20 fps,but I have all detail on,1680 x 1050 resolution.
i7 920 @3.4 ghz and ATI 4890 (1gig mem) plus 6 gigs system memory.
I have a spare Nvidia GTX 280 OC but not sure if that will make much difference?
I prefer the ATI,it doesn't need a power station to run it.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 04:33 PM   #86
morttheslayer
Soundman

First Impressions of v1-2B for ZW and Members

First Impressions of ZW patch v1-2B
PC Specs CPU Core 2 Duo E8500 (2x3.16GHz) 1333 M/Board Asus P5QC Skt775
Graphics Ge Force 9800GTX+ 512mb o/b mem RAM 4 Mb Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
HDD Seagate 500Gb SATA2 7200rpm Audio Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio7.1
OS XP Home SP3 Task Manager- 16 Apps running (incl TvsT) no overclocks
Game installed base version with ZW v1 and V1-2B installed consecutively.
Note ZW Xmas patch NOT installed.
Game Mode AA default off Forest Anim off Vulnerability on Normal ammo
everything else max Screen Res 1024x768
PC load on TM approx 53% FPS lowest 6/7 busy combat to highest about
35 "cruising the stepps" Some shadow anomolies (v minor) put down to
shader or drivers.
1. Russian Defence of Kurtnki: T34 seems to shoot too straight (flat)
no allowance needed for 300/400 m shots.
2. After getting "Browned all over" but not quite to a crisp thought
I'd check for survivors (tab) and found a treacherous comrade unbuttoned
whilst 2 Hannomags circled him - concluded he'd surrendered! HAR
3. Tiger Trap: after advance thro village to ambush point (in my case
just before hill top on left) let wingmen advance (to avoid previously
experienced treachery!) and when they engaged I proceeded to join them.
Not as the gunner though!! it defaulted me to drivers position several
times (this happened in the stock game also and was a bummer when
under fire and wanting to move but control the gun!
4. Tiger breakout strange Hannomag behaviour just after first
engagement. Either adjacent Tiger or a near miss caused Hannomag to
"barrel roll" then a few seconds later right itself! happened a
couple of times, expression is Vorsprung Durch Technik I believe!!
5. I have had no success yet summoning the reload Hannomag. Repair
not tested yet as Russian I crisp up swiftly and as German I don't get
hit hard enough yet (but then I haven't been to Kursk!!!!) I used all
advised controls - !-b but nothing even when I can see them not far
away. Is there any conditions they won't come? or missions when
they are not available (i.e. don't exist or have been "knocked out"?
6. A couple of runtime errors occurred, happened when loading 2
separate missions. Reloaded OK and played OK after perhaps I
confused the poor PC belting in and out of missions quickly.
7. Having studied the infantry a bit more I'm more impressed with their
actions - much improved but I think they should surrender more!!
8. Bottom Line excellent the main grief for me was that default to
Drivers position and perplexed about getting rearmed/repaired. Am I
doing it right! Have I defaulted a key log (b)?? - I'll check!
I had trouble submitting as after logging in and typing up found
I was logged out - deep joy!! now copied this on notepad and will paste.
Another thread highlights this if any other tankers get de-tracked!
Zeewolf and tankers All the best hope this may be useful - still testing
Love It Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 05:05 PM   #87
morttheslayer
Soundman

Default FPS Frinik

Hi Frinik
Gave some info on the thread for testing/bug hunting. My FPS range from 6/7 in action (I have experienced a slight stutter once or twice) to about 35 FPS when cruising with not much going on. Average seems to be about 20. I get the most graphic load when I scan in F5 mode as commander or gunner. Also very slight tearing (hardly noticeable) but now and then the graphics "lag" and then catch up like when you scan fast from left to right or traversing the turret. From my system it would seem an improvement in GPU would be the best upgrade sometime, the CPU doesn't seem to bottleneck the game looking in Task Mangler when it's running. I found some games are destined to be "jumpy" even when run retrospectively years after B17 (Mk2) comes to mind it was always choppy
even on later better rigs. Anyway can't afford an upgrade just yet.

All the best Mort
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 11:28 PM   #88
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default FPS & Wish list

Wilcke, Chucky and Mort thank you kindly for answering.

I am impressed how good your FPS are.Mind you compared with your Core 2 Duo E8500 (2x3.16GHz), AMD x 2 4800 or a 3.4ghz processor I outgunned; mine's just a paltry 2.0 ghz! This gives food for throught. TvsT is definitely a demanding game.I'll have to upgrade my processor if I wish to keep up with ZW's new mods.It seems that having a fast processor has more impact on the FPS than a performing graphic card.(having both makes sense of course)

Another topic I would like to share with you fellow ZW members. I sent ZW a PM in which I laid down a sort of wish list of changes/tweaks or improvements I would like to see in the game.This is by no means a request but simply a list of things to think about to make that great game more immersive and intense.Here's mine(4 items). I think it'd be great if you too would list the things that you would like to have in TvsT.If we don't say anything we're definitely not going to get anything. Making our wishes known doesn't mean they'll come true but at least ZW will be aware of them.

Cheers

1) Artillery strikes. Having them would be great and give us tankers a new challenge. Dodging artilery strikes would also enhance randomness and give extra unpredictability to the game not to mention new targets to seek and destroy!Having Soviet 155 or 240 mm shells crashing on the battlefield or German Flack 36 and 105 haubitzer on our side would be make the game much more immersive and intense.

2) Landscape damage.What strikes me is that while you can set a tank, a truck or an APC on fire in the game you never see burning trees, or grass or even those Russian isbas(log cabins). This is odd because when you watch those WWII docs you see charred trees, burning grass and houses whenever there's been a battle.Even when there's a burning tank in the middle of the woods in TvsT the trees never catch fire?????.Adding that to the game would also make the game more realistic.

3) Air strikes.Can they be added? After all both during Soviet or German offensive/defensive operations air strikes were involved.They would also add an element of randomness to the game. We could take advantage of those huge tracts of woodland and hills that come with your new maps to hide from marauding planes, evading straffing and bombings.

4) HE shells. This to me is a little irritant. HE shells in TvsT are little more than petards.They explode harmlessly next to a atrget barely raising a little plop with a bit of soil sprouting up.It seems unrealistic to me since one the main purposes of HE shells is to use against infantry positions.There's got to be a way of tweaking the explosion and the resulting damage from splinters or concussion to make them more credible and accurate?Because if the Kursk campaign involves attacking entrenched positions with infantry and artillery, we ''ll be forced to expend our precious AT shells to take them out rather than the more appropriate HE sprengstoffe.Unless we play with the unlimited ammo supply tweak...

May be I should start a new thread rather than post it her?

Last edited by frinik; 02-08-10 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-09-10, 03:37 AM   #89
LcSummers
XO

Default Hi members

My first question is which button must i push to get FPS. I think it was one of those F1-F9 keys?

When i knew were to show i will give a report.

Wish list as frinik start to write.

1; A button to let and see my and other crews bailing out. If you see videos, many tankers left their severe damaged tank and didnt stay inside till they were killed.

2, A kind of career mode with rising in ranks and medals and (kill marks).

3, Another point is german armoured platoons were successful because they had intercom (could talk and send information to other members). My opinion is to make some orders ( advance left, right, retreat, hold position etc) with a simplified menue.

4; Tanks that were not involved in Kursk battle (Tiger II, SdKfz 324/2 Puma etc)

5; as frinik mentioned airstrike. I see those sturmoviks, they circling around and make sight seeing instead supporting their comrades.

I am eager what kind of whishes we will see

LC
Old 02-09-10, 06:59 AM   #90
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default F9

Lc the key is F9.You'll see a long column of number appearing on the upper left side of your screen with the FPS being the first on top.Just press F9 again to erase from your screen.