SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-05-11, 09:52 PM   #16
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

v1.7.0 released. See post #1 for details
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 05:00 AM   #17
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

If you open up that defside file (with Notepad) you'll see a list of countries and dates. Those errors are telling you that dates overlap for those countries.

Can you possibly post a screenshot of this unhandled exception error?
Old 09-06-11, 05:40 AM   #18
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Can you click the details button of that error and show me a screenshot?

As far as the defside errors go I would fix them myself. I'm not sure how detrimental they are to the game but I like things 100% if I can
Old 09-06-11, 08:12 AM   #19
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentas View Post
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at TheDarkWraith.SilentHunter5.SH5Validator.CheckSequ entialOrdering(String file, String sw, String ew, enumdisplaymessage checkingforedm, enumdisplaymessage doesntexistedm, enumdisplaymessage edm)
That's what I needed to see Looks like you have another type of error in one of your class files
Old 09-06-11, 09:10 AM   #20
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Very useful tool.

OK here's mind

SH3 GWX3.0 Gold & SH3C

No new campaign as I was killed last weekend...

Quote:
Silent Hunter 3 Validator v1.7.0.0 by TheDarkWraith

Validation results from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII

Country errors:
no errors

Roster errors:
no errors

Classes errors:
********* C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\LAa_Barrage _Balloon\LAa_Barrage_Balloon.eqp doesn't exist! *********

********* C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\LAa_Barrage _Balloon\LAa_Barrage_Balloon.sns doesn't exist! *********

********* C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\BuV_Dock1\B uV_Dock1.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 119]) @ line number 810 *********

********* C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\BuV_Dock2\B uV_Dock2.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 119]) @ line number 810 *********

DefSide errors:
********* StartDate of 07/05/1945 is not 1 day later then previous EndDate for German in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********

********* StartDate of 15/08/1942 is not 1 day later then previous EndDate for Uruguay in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********

Campaign errors:
********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 528208 *********

********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 584357 *********

********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 584369 *********

Saved campaign errors:
not coded thus not checked

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 09:47 AM   #21
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Have no idea what or where class error might be - it's all dark forest for me I have moderately modded GWX installation. Wanna see my JSGME list ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Very useful tool.

OK here's mind

SH3 GWX3.0 Gold & SH3C

No new campaign as I was killed last weekend...
v1.8.0 released. See post #1 for details

This version gives more information in the log file. It adds what has been ignored to the log. The ignored files are also displayed in the associated box on screen. This version also fixes the unhandled exception error (which was caused by an invalid entry in the file that I was not checking for). I also fixed a typo in the SH3 .cfg file (where the ignores are stored)

Those of you who have files that show duplicate entries or any error you want me to verify please send me the files it says are in error. I'd like to validate that my app is reporting the errors correctly The only way the app can get better is if I check it's output to actual errors.
Old 09-06-11, 10:01 AM   #22
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
DefSide errors:
********* StartDate of 1945.05.09 is not 1 day later then previous EndDate for German in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********
********* StartDate of 1943.09.03 is not 1 day later then previous EndDate for Italian in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********
********* StartDate of 1943.10.13 is not 1 day later then previous EndDate for Italian in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********
********* StartDate of 1945.05.07 is not 1 day later then previous EndDate for Italian in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********
So what do these errors mean and how do you fix it? Easy!

Let's look at the German one. Here is what is defined for Germany in the defside.cfg file:

[SideEntry 7]
Country=German
Side=0
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19390831

[SideEntry 8]
Country=German
Side=2
StartDate=19390901
EndDate=19450509

[SideEntry 9]
Country=German
Side=0
StartDate=19450509
EndDate=19451231

If you look at the StartDate of the entry it is 1 more than the previous entries EndDate (country has to be the same). In SideEntry 9 the StartDate is exactly the same date as SideEntry 8's EndDate and thus the app flagged that as an error
Old 09-06-11, 10:25 AM   #23
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

So what do these errors mean and how do you fix them?

********* C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\BuV_Dock1\B uV_Dock1.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 119]) @ line number 810 *********

********* C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\BuV_Dock2\B uV_Dock2.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 119]) @ line number 810 *********

Every .eqp and .sns file contains entries numbered in numerical order. The app checks to see if any duplicate entries are found and whether they are in numerical order or not. Here is an example of duplicate entries and non-numerical ordering:

[Equipment 1]
NodeName=M01
LinkName=3InchSingle
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Equipment 2]
NodeName=M02
LinkName=4_7InchSingleT
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Equipment 2]
NodeName=M03
LinkName=4_7InchSingleT
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Equipment 4]
NodeName=M04
LinkName=4_7InchSingleT
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Equipment 5]
NodeName=M05
LinkName=4_7InchSingleT
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Equipment 10]
NodeName=M06
LinkName=4_7InchSingleT
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Equipment 7]
NodeName=M07
LinkName=4_7InchSingleT
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Equipment 8]
NodeName=S01
LinkName=37mmDouble
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

You'll notice that there are 2 [Equipment 2] entries. This is wrong! You'll also notice that [Equipment 10] is not in numerical order and [Equipment 6] is missing.
Old 09-06-11, 10:48 AM   #24
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

New Scan...

Quote:
Silent Hunter 3 Validator v1.8.0.0 by TheDarkWraith

Validation results from C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII

Current ignore list:
data\Air\LAa_Barrage_Balloon\LAa_Barrage_Balloon.e qp
data\Air\LAa_Barrage_Balloon\LAa_Barrage_Balloon.s ns
data\Sea\Buoy_D2_FL\Buoy_D2_FL.eqp
data\Sea\Buoy_D2_FL\Buoy_D2_FL.sns
data\Sea\Buoy_G1_FL\Buoy_G1_FL.sns
data\Sea\Buoy_G2_FL\Buoy_G2_FL.eqp
data\Sea\Buoy_G2_FL\Buoy_G2_FL.sns
data\Sea\Buoy_O1_FL\Buoy_O1_FL.sns
data\Sea\Buoy_R1_FL\Buoy_R1_FL.sns
data\Sea\Buoy_R2_FL\Buoy_R2_FL.eqp
data\Sea\Buoy_R2_FL\Buoy_R2_FL.sns
data\Land\Statue\Statue.eqp
data\Land\Statue\Statue.sns
data\Ordnance\AntiSubNet\AntiSubNet.sns
data\Ordnance\Minefield\Minefield.sns

Country errors:
no errors

Country ignores:
no ignores

Roster errors:
no errors

Roster ignores:
no ignores

Classes errors:

Classes ignores:
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\LAa_Barrage _Balloon\LAa_Barrage_Balloon.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\LAa_Barrage _Balloon\LAa_Barrage_Balloon.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_D2_FL\ Buoy_D2_FL.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_D2_FL\ Buoy_D2_FL.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_G1_FL\ Buoy_G1_FL.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_G2_FL\ Buoy_G2_FL.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_G2_FL\ Buoy_G2_FL.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_O1_FL\ Buoy_O1_FL.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_R1_FL\ Buoy_R1_FL.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_R2_FL\ Buoy_R2_FL.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\Buoy_R2_FL\ Buoy_R2_FL.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Land\Statue\Sta tue.eqp ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Land\Statue\Sta tue.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Ordnance\AntiSu bNet\AntiSubNet.sns ignored
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Ordnance\Minefi eld\Minefield.sns ignored

DefSide errors:
********* StartDate of 07/05/1945 is not 1 day later than previous EndDate for German in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********
********* StartDate of 15/08/1942 is not 1 day later than previous EndDate for Uruguay in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********

DefSide ignores:
no ignores

Campaign errors:
********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 528208 *********
********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 584357 *********
********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 584369 *********

Campaign ignores:
no ignores

Saved campaign errors:

Saved campaign ignores:

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 10:52 AM   #25
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi TDW,

any plans to release a similar tool for SH4? I did try to force it to use the SH4 folder, but it wouldn't work (as expected, just had to try it ).
Old 09-06-11, 12:08 PM   #26
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
7 years after...

Amazing tool !!!

The only thing to add is an..... “ID conflict finder”.....and the perfect audit tool is almost done!

Thank you very much, Sir, for your time!

Tested with Windows 7 / 64 english version.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 12:59 PM   #27
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
TDW disregard my last log, it's from stock SH3 which I'm keeping for MP games only, so no big troubles with it...

I now successfully scanned GWX:
Classes errors:
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\AFB_FW_1 90a5\AFB_FW_190a5.eqp has invalid entry of [Equipment11] @ line number 53 *********
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\ALB_Ju52-3M.Mausi\ALB_Ju52-3M.Mausi.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 5]) @ line number 28 *********
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\ALB_Junk ers.Ju.52\ALB_Junkers.Ju.52.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 5]) @ line number 28 *********
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\BuV_Dock 1\BuV_Dock1.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 119]) @ line number 810 *********
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\BuV_Dock 2\BuV_Dock2.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 119]) @ line number 810 *********

DefSide errors:
********* StartDate of 1945.05.07 is not 1 day later than previous EndDate for German in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********
********* StartDate of 1942.08.15 is not 1 day later than previous EndDate for Uruguay in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********
DefSide ignores:
no ignores

Campaign errors:
********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 436921 *********
********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 493070 *********
********* Type 0 not defined in \data\Roster\Venezuela @ line number 493082 *********

Damn, I will seriously need a hand from you TDW to deal with THEM ALL
Yours are pretty easy for the most part.

This error: D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\AFB_FW_1 90a5\AFB_FW_190a5.eqp has invalid entry of [Equipment11] can be fixed by editing the D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\AFB_FW_1 90a5\AFB_FW_190a5.eqp and making equipment 11 entry like this:
[Equipment 11]

These errors:
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\ALB_Ju52-3M.Mausi\ALB_Ju52-3M.Mausi.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 5]) @ line number 28 *********
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Air\ALB_Junk ers.Ju.52\ALB_Junkers.Ju.52.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 5]) @ line number 28 *********
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\BuV_Dock 1\BuV_Dock1.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 119]) @ line number 810 *********
********* D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Sea\BuV_Dock 2\BuV_Dock2.eqp does not contain sequentially ordered entries (found duplicate [Equipment 119]) @ line number 810 *********

Can be fixed by editing their .eqp files and renumbering the entries to ensure sequential ordering. i.e.:
[Equipment 1]

[Equipment 2]

[Equipment 3]

etc.

these errors:
DefSide errors:
********* StartDate of 1945.05.07 is not 1 day later than previous EndDate for German in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********
********* StartDate of 1942.08.15 is not 1 day later than previous EndDate for Uruguay in \data\Roster\DefSide.cfg *********

can be fixed by looking at bottom of post #1 and clicking the link for fixing defside errors

The campaign ones take a little more explaining to do....
Old 09-07-11, 03:27 AM   #28
vonzake
Watch

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

great work
vonzake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 07:40 AM   #29
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

This Validator is extremely valuable for modders. Many thanks for it TDW.

I tested it with the NYGM super-mod, and it picked up a handful of minor problems - including a discontinuity with equipment items (NSS_Submarine7a.eqp) with Sergbuto's AI U-boats, present from the original. The schnorchel entries are not numbered in sequence from other items.

It also picked up that the NYGM campaign_RND.mis file used for a selection of merchant ships from IABL lacked roster entries for two ships assigned to Canada and to Greece (my error, not IABL's). This will not affect NYGM users, who are provided with a generic-merchants campaign_RND.mis file, but definitely does affect its intended replacement campaign file, in which most of the generic merchants were to be replaced with defined merchant ships.

I have found that generic merchant ships in convoys seem to be unhappy in SH3; for example they often sulk after an attack and refuse to move any further. This is never a problem with scripted, defined, merchant ships in convoys. It suddenly occurred to me: how was it that the devs provided defined merchant ships in their campaign_RND.mis, when it would have been easier, and have provided greater variety, if all the convoys in stock SH3 were generic? Answer: the devs must have discovered the same problem, and avoided it with the use of defined ships in the convoys.

Maybe this problem also affects SH5?

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-11, 09:01 PM   #30
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
This Validator is extremely valuable for modders.
You'll like v2.0.0 even more

v2.0.0 released. See post #1 for details

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 09-07-11 at 11:40 PM.