SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-09, 08:22 AM   #16
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

I can save ya the trouble. Crush depth is located in the zon file under node 24 ColisionableObject. Crush depth is listed as CrashDepth and is measured in meters (go figure ).

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 12:45 PM   #17
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
I can save ya the trouble. Crush depth is located in the zon file under node 24 ColisionableObject. Crush depth is listed as CrashDepth and is measured in meters (go figure ).
I would actually expect it to be in meters. We often forget in the US that the units of measure used for just about anything here (distance, speed, temperature, etc.) are only standard here. AFAIK the US Marines are the only US service branch to adopt the metric system.. they may have gotten tired of converting

Also, this is the same base code as SH3, written for U-Boats which are all in metric.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-09, 12:47 PM   #18
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Here's a couple of teaser pics for those interested in the mod.

Damage Control/ Systems page

Exterior 3/4 View Surfaced

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 06-03-09, 09:05 PM   #19
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

thats a pretty picture.
i wonder how hard it would be to put the diving planes on the sail?
ill have to check that out
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 11:37 PM   #20
Highbury
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 View Post
thats a pretty picture.
i wonder how hard it would be to put the diving planes on the sail?
ill have to check that out
That would be awesome. Thanks for looking into it. And thank you for the updates ETR3.
Old 06-04-09, 09:48 AM   #21
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

A Flight II boat shouldn't be a problem. I was considering doing a Flight I as well, maybe for the next release. I wanted to do some editing of the 3D model so I think that would be good for the next installment.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 06-04-09, 09:58 PM   #22
treblesum81
Frogman

Downloads: 71

Hi,

I'm really excited to see this new update... Do you have any sort of timeframe for the release? I'm also curious of you have any plans to update the armament with the ADCAPs and TASMs used on the Ohio? Its kinda odd running around in modern military hardware, but have to shoot 70 year old torpedoes. I'd also like to know if you have any plans to make it compatible with TMO... While is fun to just go knocking around in a nuke on a mission or patrol, it would be a great change of pace (for me at least) to conduct the campaign in one.

Thanks,
Greg
treblesum81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 10:19 PM   #23
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

I'm hoping to release version 4 by the end of the month at the latest. I have more plans for a version 5/4.X, possibly involving some editing of the 3d model. ADCAPs and TASMs will be included in this release with ADCAPs being the default loadout. As for mod compatibility, currently it's being made compatible with RFB+RSRDC and stock SH4. I do have plans to hopefully make this further compatible with other mods, but to do so will take more time ovbiously.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 06-05-09, 12:11 AM   #24
treblesum81
Frogman

Does it take a lot to insert one of these into the campaign? I admit I have no idea how SH4 does it, but I remember that for SH3 all you had to do was insert a few entries into the flotillas.cfg file to get a sub to be part od the campaign. Is the SH4 process more complicated and in what ways if it is? I'm also curious, based on your comments, and those by Sledgehammer, if this sub is already out of the box compatible with RFB, and does this also apply to the Ohio and Skipjack models out there?
Old 06-05-09, 07:35 AM   #25
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblesum81 View Post
Does it take a lot to insert one of these into the campaign? I admit I have no idea how SH4 does it, but I remember that for SH3 all you had to do was insert a few entries into the flotillas.cfg file to get a sub to be part od the campaign. Is the SH4 process more complicated and in what ways if it is? I'm also curious, based on your comments, and those by Sledgehammer, if this sub is already out of the box compatible with RFB, and does this also apply to the Ohio and Skipjack models out there?
Inserting a new boat into the campaign is easy. As you said in SH3, it was as simple as adding it into the flotilla.upc. Same concept with SH4 except you have to edit the careerstart.upc as well. Now to make it compatible with other mods requires a deeper look into the files, namely any that this mod would overwrite, and mergeing the two together. And in regards to your question about Skipjack and Ohio, the answer would be yes I believe so as the flotillia and careerstart files are in the RFB format.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 06-05-09, 03:40 PM   #26
treblesum81
Frogman

I'll have to look into that then, as I've been thinking about trying to make all three into one "nuke" mod, and then maybe later on adding the other advanced subs out there by Dagon, whether its just for me or for everyone, I would like to be able to choose between the lot of them without having to exit the game, re-apply a mod, and then start up again...

Also, I've noticed that the problem of CO2 buildup has not been addressed yet. Has this just not been worked on yet, or is it not possible yet to make a nuke that can last for extended periods underwater like the real deal?
Old 06-05-09, 03:46 PM   #27
treblesum81
Frogman

nevermind my last post... I just realized you can just turn off the air supply limitations... sometimes, only sometimes, I'm really stupid...
Old 06-05-09, 03:54 PM   #28
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

Actually I have already merged the 688i, skipjack and Ohio into one mod
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 04:32 PM   #29
treblesum81
Frogman

Please point me to it, as I've not been able to find anything of the sort... that being said, its hard to find anything these days because there are no up to date mod lists and no real naming convention for mods other than "[REL]" which not everyone even uses (all of these are [WIP], so far as I can tell... unless there are some full releases buried somewhere in the forums...)

Also, should I assume that any nuke placed here needs to be run with infinite O2 and Battery to work correctly??
Old 06-05-09, 04:34 PM   #30
Highbury
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblesum81 View Post
nevermind my last post... I just realized you can just turn off the air supply limitations... sometimes, only sometimes, I'm really stupid...
I do the same with fuel, batteries etc. On the Skipjack, batteries were dying far too quickly. A nuclear reactor, in relation to the time frames we are using in patrols before our torps are expended, would be next to unlimited.

And as I said before, if you are driving a 688i in 1941.. what do you need the extra renown of higher realism setting for... upgrades? heh