SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-05-18, 09:18 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Spanish judiciary and law rape victim a second and third time.

I needed to read this twice to believe that this opportunistic hairsplitting and abuse of the victim still is possible nowadays. Spain tolerating such a law should be ashamed of itself. Its tailored to protect an offender.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46452894

Hair-raising argumentation.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-05-18 at 09:42 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 01:17 AM   #2
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

On the other hand in some legal systems consent can be revoked post factum.

What is worse? A system where you have to prove that the suspects are guilty of doing something or a system where they have to prove themselved innocent?
Old 12-06-18, 03:52 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikaluIgin View Post
On the other hand in some legal systems consent can be revoked post factum.
Yes, Sweden, I mentioned it myself when the Assange case began back then.

Quote:
What is worse? A system where you have to prove that the suspects are guilty of doing something or a system where they have to prove themselved innocent?

That is not the issue at all in this. The issue is that a rape is not being called a rape and therefore no sentence is given. The court agreed that there was no consent.

There was a TV film about these thugs some months ago in Germany, they systematically hunted girls down, and boasted with it, and de facto intimidated them to not resist. Brutal psychiopaths they are. You can very well initimidate somebody without explicitly using physical violence, which is not even needed if the victim is so scared that it dares not to physically resist in fear of causing even greater harm that way.

That there are also countries were victims of rape are not allowed to abort, is another such second raping of the victim by the judiciary. I think Ireland has such laws, and - I am not certain - Poland.

Stinking machismo scum. Adn the spanish law is on the side iof such scum. It speaks for civil society that apparently uni sono Spaniards speak out against this, but that is not enough, they must force the state to change such a misogynistic, inhumane law.
Old 12-06-18, 07:03 AM   #4
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

If no consent was given then surely it must be rape

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-18, 07:46 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

I recall to have read about cases of rape where it was argued the victim did not fight and did not reisst pohysically. No woinder if the victim is a girl of 60 kilos and the attacker some macho weighing 90! No wonder the victim is stunned in fear for its life and does not fight if the attacker holds a knife at his throat! When five or six adult mean in a menacing manner force y girl into a lonely, silated place and stand close by close and nobody could hear her and they just stare and leave no mdohb t on what is happening next - then they must not say a single word and must not beat the victim a single time to intimidate the victim in a comparable fashion.

The Spanish law rewards doing so, obviously.

The short film they showed about this gang, only a few minutes, showed a very cold-blooded, systematically girl-hunting bunch of psychopaths, boasting with their assaults and just interested in raising their personal "scores". Such human scum makes me sick.

Enforcing sex without mutual consent given, is rape. Period. It does not matter whether the threat was implicit or explicit, was verbal, physical, or behavioural/implicit - the intimidating effect is the same, the fact of violence beiugn used is the same. You can be violent already by just staring somebody down and making his fantasy work in your favour.

Usually I am not easily engaging on these women right things and stuff like that, but here is a topic that really brings me up in arms.