SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-26-15, 07:45 AM   #991
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 0

question please!! is the natural sinking mod affect all the playble ship mods too? sorry if i am asking twice:/
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-15, 11:39 PM   #992
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Enabling a mod such as MyFavoritePlayableShipMod, would probably have it's own damage zones. You would need to look in the mod's *.dat and *.zon files to know.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-15, 08:08 PM   #993
drakkhen20
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 345
I was pondering this same question as when I enable it in JSGM it replaces my RFB zones with its own. I do notice though that it doesn't mess with any subs just the ships which I understand that this is what its meant for oh and it conflicts with the real ship physics mod too. so
drakkhen20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 12:48 AM   #994
hyperbolicsphere
Nub

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Is there an NSM for 1.5 TMO+RSRD? Would be great.
I run 1.5 + TMO 2.5 + RSRDC. NSM4 works well with TMO 2.5, but I've never been able to get all three to work together. It's tantalizingly close. The only conflicts between NSM4 and RSRDC are NCA_Mogami.zon and Okinoshima.sim. The obvious solutions haven't worked (substituting or removing files or folders), and the typical error is that torpedoes pass through their targets and continue to run out the other side. I've had some success by enabling mods in the order TMO 2.5, NSM4, RSRDC, RSRDC patch, but this is unpredictable, and the natural sinking effect is lost. I get a fast-kill, slow-sink effect, which is playable, but unsatisfying.

I have never attempted to mod this game, myself. I feel like this should be an easy fix, if only I knew how.
hyperbolicsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-18, 06:39 PM   #995
TheGreatElector
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1218
Uploads: 117

Great mod!
TheGreatElector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-18, 09:49 AM   #996
ArnoldR
Medic

Downloads: 22

From the subsim description:

"Also, Werner lost his mojo and introduced a keelshot arcade effect, where if you explode a magnetic pistol torpedo under the keel you'll split the target in half and sink it with one torpedo every time. It's quite comical. Just don't do it. What a shame that Werner bowed to public pressure to compromise a really great mod!

Modders: Your vision, your mod, your way. When you start to compromise because of what someone else wants that you don't like, you have confused yourself as to what your mod really is. Your mod jumps the shark and goes for a swim in the ocean of mediocrity, never to be seen again.

Of conspicuous exception is TMO, which was seriously mucked up until Ducimus realized he wasn't modding for his vision any more, but was just screwing it up to conform to other people's visions. He's fixed that"
ArnoldR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-22, 08:09 PM   #997
Leran147
Swabbie

Downloads: 29
Default Texture bug?

Hi, I installed NSM and it works great! I love it

However I find the damage textures are bugged. As in, the fire is a bunch of orange pixels and the torpedo hole is gone; just the sh3 explosion and watching the ship to see whether it actually did damage, which can only be confirmed through looking for a list developped over time or similar.

~Ship sunk by torpedoes, blame the lookout
Leran147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 08:30 AM   #998
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

There is probably no bug in the mod. Part of the problem is most likely from your previous mod config, in that you might not have deleted the data in the Save folder, and you now have a combination of mods fighting each other. You can try deleting the data in "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4". However, that wipes out all of your career progress, and re-sets all your options in the game. Also, the mod is built for a specific game and mod set. If the Roster (especially) and other folders do not match the ships and configs between the current game set-up and the mod, then you will have trouble. In other words, if the game has an NBB_Missouri ship, and the RSM mod does not, you might have troubles with that particular ship, but it should keep its previous settings. However, a ship such as NBB_Ise that is in both, then you will encounter the odd graphics if the Save folder was not cleared before playing the newly modded game.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-22, 12:55 PM   #999
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

ATTENTION: THIS WORKS ONLY ON 1.4. DONT USE TOGETHER WITH U-BOAT ADDON IT WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS I PROMISE
by Werner Sobe

Are you using Silent Hunter v1.4, as stated by the mod author, or are you using the u-boat add-on, v1.5 ?