SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-09, 01:53 AM   #91
Stingray67
Seaman

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Dunno. If it was a flaw though I highly suspect that a few hundred other people would have mentioned it by now.

Email me the career files (not the files in any sub folders titled 0, 1, 2 etc). Email address as per JoneSoft.txt.

Maybe it was a temporary glitch
I went back and loaded the previous save "In base after mission" instead of "In base before mission" and got my crew back through that. I guess that means I don't have a usable career file to send you. I'll come back with the issue if it presents itself again.

I am also getting warning messages about three .act files (action, camera-something and a third I can't remember off-hand. They started after installing SH3 Commander 3.2, but I don't know if that would be related or if it is a case of my SH3 install that has just been bollixed for other reasons. They don't seem to affect loading or playing of the game though. Your Commander is the only change I have made.

Thanks for the reply...and for your absolutely fantastic mod. It bears repeating.
Old 01-27-09, 02:01 AM   #92
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray67
I went back and loaded the previous save "In base after mission" instead of "In base before mission" and got my crew back through that. I guess that means I don't have a usable career file to send you. I'll come back with the issue if it presents itself again.
If you like, pls send to me anyway. I can try to replicate a problem (let me know, if you remember, what changes you made).

Quote:
I am also getting warning messages about three .act files (action, camera-something and a third I can't remember off-hand. They started after installing SH3 Commander 3.2, but I don't know if that would be related or if it is a case of my SH3 install that has just been bollixed for other reasons. They don't seem to affect loading or playing of the game though. Your Commander is the only change I have made.
I suspect the latter. SH3Cmdr doesn't directly touch any .act files, but I know people from time-to-time post error screens when running SH3/GWX that refer to specific .act files. BBW I think is the expert on fault-finding those kinda errors.

The first q I'd ask though is have you (re)installed the GWX compatibility files? If you don't that will certainly cause random CTDs with GWX. And I think the camera file is one of them.

Either way, this problem may also be the cause of your crew config problem. :hmm:
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 03:08 AM   #93
Stingray67
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Quote:
If you like, pls send to me anyway. I can try to replicate a problem (let me know, if you remember, what changes you made).

Quote:
I suspect the latter. SH3Cmdr doesn't directly touch any .act files, but I know people from time-to-time post error screens when running SH3/GWX that refer to specific .act files. BBW I think is the expert on fault-finding those kinda errors.

The first q I'd ask though is have you (re)installed the GWX compatibility files? If you don't that will certainly cause random CTDs with GWX. And I think the camera file is one of them.

Either way, this problem may also be the cause of your crew config problem. :hmm:
Thanks for the reply. I'll mail them this evening (European Time) when I get back from work.

I did install the GWX compatibility files. I am running GWX2.1 so maybe if this problem persists I will install GWX3. I am hesitant about doing it since I had problems getting it to work on my Vista machine (if it ain't broke...) Also I am unsure about the effects of GWX3 graphics enhancements effects om my computer performance. I guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. :-)
Old 01-27-09, 03:31 AM   #94
JScones
Navy Seal

Just one other thing, you're not using the GWX3.0 compatibility files with GWX 2.1 are you? :hmm: That'll also create problems like you've mentioned.

And as a Vista user I guess you've done all the "special" extra steps required for running SH3, JSGME, SH3Cmdr etc etc on Vista (addressed in various other threads)?

Otherwise I'm running out of ideas...BBW?

Last edited by JScones; 01-27-09 at 03:47 AM.
Old 01-27-09, 04:22 AM   #95
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Is there going to be updated GWX3_Commander_Files.exe for new sh3cmdr ?
Old 01-27-09, 04:29 AM   #96
JScones
Navy Seal

You mean one sans "Ship names.cfg"? Dunno, that's a q perhaps best directed to the GWX team over in one of their stickies.
Old 01-27-09, 04:56 AM   #97
Stingray67
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Just one other thing, you're not using the GWX3.0 compatibility files with GWX 2.1 are you? :hmm: That'll also create problems like you've mentioned.

And as a Vista user I guess you've done all the "special" extra steps required for running SH3, JSGME, SH3Cmdr etc etc on Vista (addressed in various other threads)?

Otherwise I'm running out of ideas...BBW?
I am not using the GWX3.0 compatibilty with GWX2.1. I followed your instructions as per your first post in this thread (fridge magents et al are intact )

For GWX2.1 I followed what Graf Paper posted earlier in this thread. I might have missed something but I doubt it. I read the instructions several times so as not to miss something.
Old 01-27-09, 11:24 AM   #98
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

I think someone was working on a replacement GWX3 exe for the cfgs - without the shipnames file in
Will post more when I know

@ Stingray
What kind of warning messages are those ??

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 01:15 PM   #99
Stingray67
Seaman

@ bbw
---------------------------
sh3.exe - Felaktig minnesavbildning
C:\SHIII\CameraManager.act är antingen inte utformat för att köras på Windows eller så innehåller det ett fel. Försök att installera programmet igen med hjälp av det ursprungliga installationsmediet eller kontakta systemadministratören eller programvaruleverantören för support.
Sorry for the swedish

The three files in question are:
anim.act
CameraManager.act
StateMachineCtl.act

It says roughly "Faulty Memory Imaging" and that the file either is faulty or not compatible with windows.

SH3 starts normal and I seem to be able to play. I have not played, just started it so there might be a CTD waiting to happen. I have completed one patrol with the new SH3 Commander without these warnings. They happened after.

Feel welcome to PM me if there are further questions
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
I think someone was working on a replacement GWX3 exe for the cfgs - without the shipnames file in
Will post more when I know

@ Stingray
What kind of warning messages are those ??
Old 01-27-09, 02:00 PM   #100
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I've got a GWX3.0 install working fine but can't get the GWX2.1 to show crew and cargo details etc. :hmm:

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 03:18 PM   #101
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
I've got a GWX3.0 install working fine but can't get the GWX2.1 to show crew and cargo details etc. :hmm:
When you copied over the 2.1 cfgs did you remember NOT to copy across ship names ??
Was that an existing career or new one

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 04:37 PM   #102
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
When you copied over the 2.1 cfgs did you remember NOT to copy across ship names ??
Was that an existing career or new one
Same method as with 3.0 (left out ship names CFG)....new career.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 10:18 PM   #103
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

where can I get SH3 Commander now? All the links have disappeared.

OLC mods have disappeared too saved a few hosted by bts site.
Old 01-30-09, 12:15 AM   #104
JScones
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout
where can I get SH3 Commander now? All the links have disappeared.
Read post 1.

Both links work fine for me.
Old 01-30-09, 06:50 PM   #105
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Me too. I just re-downloaded it yesterday.

Like the new 'Commander' icon, by the way.

Tags
sh3 commander