SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-06-19, 11:21 AM   #1
doksas
Mate

Downloads: 129
Uploads: 0
Default Das Boot sound mod

I read some old post about CTD with this mod, and i have CTD with this great mod...
Has anyone found a solution to work normally?
Old 01-06-19, 11:45 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

It might be helpful if you tell us exactly what you are doing when it happens. Just saying "It crashes" leaves us not having a clue as to when and why it happens.
Old 01-06-19, 12:58 PM   #3
doksas
Mate

Sorry Steve, you're right...

Well, i normally start partol everything is ok, follow plot course and after few minutes game crashes.

The only thing I can say, i use time compression i think x256 and without any warning game crashes.
I tried only DBSM, then DBSM with fix, then add Raptor's DBSM addons and fixes but everytime i have CTD after few minutes.

I just try Thomsen sound mod and finish patrol normally without CTD, and I do not understand how only sound file in DBSM can be a problem...

I use:
GWX 3
GWX lite harbor traffic
GWX contact color
Darojax officer icons
GWX enhanced damage effects
MEP v6
German uboat compilation
New uboat guns fixed reworked for german compilation
FixAllSub GWX
German uboat IXB skin 505 turm 1-2-3
Old 01-06-19, 01:05 PM   #4
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 266

There is a lot of "das boot" sound mods. Can you give link to exact mod what about we are talking?

EDIT:
PS: I have circumstance for some ID conflict with "German uboat compilation" mod, or "FixAllSub GWX" mod (which i don't know what it is and from where it is). So, what you can try as first... unload both of this mods and try game. If will not crash, try load one of this mods and try... if will not crash, try load second... and it will crahs. So we will know mod which do some ID conflict. Because i have circumstance for ID conflict. But this is why im asking for exact sound mod you are using. Usualy sound mods just change .ogg files and nothing other, so there's no way to do some conflicts. It means, that your sound mod must have some other files, except sound files, which can do problems... and that is starting position for something to do. Before this anyone can't help you.
If your sound mod doesn't have any other files as sound files and game CTD, there is no other explanation as not enough RAM, but it doesn't sounds realistic, if your game runs with Thompsens sound pack well....

Last edited by JeromeHeretic; 01-06-19 at 01:19 PM.
JeromeHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 01:11 PM   #5
doksas
Mate

Here Jerome

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133004
Old 01-06-19, 01:25 PM   #6
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

OK.. im downloading it. Hold on line.... in few minutes i take a look and tell you some reply.
Old 01-06-19, 01:29 PM   #7
doksas
Mate

Deal
Old 01-06-19, 01:46 PM   #8
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

Well, i look to that pack and i don't see any reason of your problem. In that mod are only sound files. Not any other files changing behavior of crew or something like that, which can in principle do some problems....
So sorry, i don't have any other reference or hint what to do. Have no idea...
just a small... that some ogg in this pack is somewhat broken and when is played, it cause CTD of game, because it somehow breaks ingame sound player. So... what you can do is, that you will looking if game is CTD in some exact situation, which turn on playing of some exact sound file.

For example (it is pitty example, but you will understand), you will research, that game CTD anytime, when you press key "5", in fact this simple pushing of one key in game turn on a lot of different actions. Just FYI... it turns on "buleye" animation of CH, sequence of "lips syncing" animations starting this boring "ja wohl main kelaun" and after that repeating of "flank speed" command (depend's on language mutation you use), after that it runs command for changing speed, and if you are for example using DD's "open hatch" mod, it run's animation of telegraph moving etc.
Soooo... i have no other idea. But... i have idea how you can simply check if problem is with some exact sound file. If you are playing with english speech, switch in configuration to german speech (or switch in oposite way, if you are playing with german speech). You will see if CTD stops. If so, you can be sure, that some of english/german sound files is broken.

Sorry, that i can't help you more, but i'm lack of ideas...:-(

Last edited by JeromeHeretic; 01-06-19 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-06-19, 02:31 PM   #9
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

I downloaded and checked the copy from SubSim Downloads, and I can't find anything wrong. That doesn't mean there isn't something wrong, only that I couldn't find it. It was originally created around 2004 by a team working on SH2. My role was to convert it from .wav to .ogg and add some extra sounds specifically from SH3. I've been using it for nine years with no problems.

I wish I could be more help, but I have no idea what might be wrong with your copy.
Old 01-06-19, 03:17 PM   #10
JeromeHeretic
Machinist's Mate

Steve don't you have MD5 sum list of files of your mod? Like that can be easily founded corupted file...
Old 01-06-19, 04:38 PM   #11
doksas
Mate

Ok, i check every file in DBSM and found one file from Sound folder not have nothing to hear when play in audio player but i forgot name off this sound file, also, i found manu more empty file in 9 Speech folders and delete all.

Empty file is on screenshot

This time without this deleted file, my patrol It lasted longer, i sunk 5 ships but after cca 20 min game again crashes

So, that's it, unfortunately i quit from DBSM
Old 01-06-19, 06:33 PM   #12
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Some files are empty because I thought it was better without them ("Yes, Sir!") and some because there is no way they would know that ("We have been detected, Sir!"). I was told at the time that just deleting the files could cause a crash, so I chose to keep the files but make the 0 KB in size.

I'm sorry it's not working for you. As I said, I've never had a problem with it and don't know what to tell you.
Old 01-06-19, 06:42 PM   #13
doksas
Mate

Now i copy this empty files from GWX and go on patrol to check...
Old 01-06-19, 07:15 PM   #14
doksas
Mate

Again CTD, I have no idea more...finish.
Old 01-06-19, 08:51 PM   #15
doksas
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeHeretic View Post
Well, i look to that pack and i don't see any reason of your problem. In that mod are only sound files. Not any other files changing behavior of crew or something like that, which can in principle do some problems....
So sorry, i don't have any other reference or hint what to do. Have no idea...
just a small... that some ogg in this pack is somewhat broken and when is played, it cause CTD of game, because it somehow breaks ingame sound player. So... what you can do is, that you will looking if game is CTD in some exact situation, which turn on playing of some exact sound file.

For example (it is pitty example, but you will understand), you will research, that game CTD anytime, when you press key "5", in fact this simple pushing of one key in game turn on a lot of different actions. Just FYI... it turns on "buleye" animation of CH, sequence of "lips syncing" animations starting this boring "ja wohl main kelaun" and after that repeating of "flank speed" command (depend's on language mutation you use), after that it runs command for changing speed, and if you are for example using DD's "open hatch" mod, it run's animation of telegraph moving etc.
Soooo... i have no other idea. But... i have idea how you can simply check if problem is with some exact sound file. If you are playing with english speech, switch in configuration to german speech (or switch in oposite way, if you are playing with german speech). You will see if CTD stops. If so, you can be sure, that some of english/german sound files is broken.

Sorry, that i can't help you more, but i'm lack of ideas...:-(
Sorry Jerome, i dont see this post before...

if game is CTD in some exact situation...no exact, one time with full throttle and without visual contact, second time on periscope depth all stop with locked target on periscope...no rules...

I playing with german speech, then on your solution change to english, again CTD

Yes, very strange, only sound files in this mod but i have CTD, also found more gamers around internet with same DBSM problem but no working solution...

Thanks Jerome for yours answers