SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-17-16, 05:50 AM   #6961
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843
Uploads: 0
Default SH3_GWX3.0_REWORKED_RU_ReadMe_EN

SHIII_GWX_Reworked_Rus - readme
================================================== ==============================
All fans of Silent Hunter 3

The assembly is made on the basis of the "KNIGHTS OF SEA DEPTHS" - "Knights of the deep sea" v.1.1
http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4944

- How to install the game?
- The best way through JSGME. To this end, it set a new SH3 v.1.4b.
The downloaded and decompressed SHIII_GWX_Reworked_Rus throws in the MODS folder and rolls.
All. In the root folder MultiSH3 run and enter the name of the folder to save (other than SH3).
There you select the required HsieOptionsSelector_V16A function.
Start the game with the patched EXE and make necessary adjustments. Exit the game.
For SH3 Commandera specify the path to SH3.exe. We set up for themselves. All. Play.
The MODS folder, new files. Unpack and read Documentation.

Major additions:

Sorrections GWX 3 Author: Mariman ( "SOM Grp" Team)
LCAssemblage (SoundPack) Assembling fashion: Lekor, Soba_83
Manos GUI v3.4 (Olegka HOME Edition) (default for normal aspect ratio of 4: 3)
WS MaGui v3.4 StandAlone Version (makman94) (archive folder in the MODS for widescreen ratio of 16: 9)
M.E.P v5 (makman94)
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen, St Naz, Schluese and xtra ships V6 (bigboywooly)
WBs USAM v69.61.1 (Wreford-Brown)
Ship Names April 2015 (Sailor Steve)
Real ASW Mod (padi)
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation by (Wise, Kovall, Ahnenerbe)
Aces' Combined SH3.SDL Files v2
Stiebler 4B_Addon_for_V16B1
patSH3r (Fader_Berg)
Anvart GWX_DFa-Flag & Pens_2010
Planes (Testpilot et al.)
Ships (the_frog et al.)

Companies from Poul:
BLACK SEA. "30 Unterseebootflottille»
The Battle for the Baltic
Mediterranean sea. All battles
10th Flotilla. In France until the End.

I express my gratitude to all comrades, one way or another, participated in the creation of the game!

For questions and wishes here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/priv...newpm&u=293382
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-16, 11:23 PM   #6962
foz
Soundman

Downloads: 220

OK , always get file error on 7zip when extracting somewhere .
But when test & extract , get no error! .
0: After extracting ,
1: install fresh copy of SH3 1.4 ,
2: copy SH3_GWX3.0_REWORKED_RUS folder into SH3 folder ,
3: copy JSGME from SH3_GWX3.0_REWORKED_RUS folder to SH3 folder & run to setup MODS folder.
4: cut & paste SH3_GWX3.0_REWORKED_RUS folder into MODS folder ,
5: Run in JSGME .
6: Start SH3 as normal , [ long time to load ].
[ have l missed any thing ]
foz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-16, 03:04 AM   #6963
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by foz View Post
OK , always get file error on 7zip when extracting somewhere .
But when test & extract , get no error! .
0: After extracting ,
1: install fresh copy of SH3 1.4 ,
2: copy SH3_GWX3.0_REWORKED_RUS folder into SH3 folder ,
3: copy JSGME from SH3_GWX3.0_REWORKED_RUS folder to SH3 folder & run to setup MODS folder.
4: cut & paste SH3_GWX3.0_REWORKED_RUS folder into MODS folder ,
5: Run in JSGME .
6: Start SH3 as normal , [ long time to load ].
[ have l missed any thing ]
1,2,3,4,5-Yes
6. In the root folder MultiSH3 run and enter the name of the folder to save (other than SH3).
7. There you select the required HsieOptionsSelector_V16A function.
8. Start SH3 as normal
9. Quit the game
10.Play through SH3 Commander
Long time to load-the game is not for children!!!
Old 05-18-16, 04:42 AM   #6964
foz
Soundman

loading times ,

re: setup file , KSD v.1.0

Possible problems that will eliminate in the future:

3. A relatively large download time career, museum, single missions (15-40 min., In the "iron" depending on the configuration).

mit kindern !!!

Old 05-18-16, 06:59 AM   #6965
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Setup file: Stiebler4C_V16B1
A large number of units in the mission is a long download time.
Old 05-19-16, 05:56 AM   #6966
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Downloads: 159

hi, i have 3 question,

first, brazilian and st helena island the airbase is set in GWX3?

second, does anybody could run usam mod with gwx, i always have crashing on loading game?

last, how a base is changed from neutral to ally?
Old 05-19-16, 06:43 AM   #6967
foz
Soundman

álvaro just a heads up on the

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S..._REWORKED_RUS/

from Maiks serious SH3-Mod archives

It will download & work , l`m running it on another machine as l am
doing this ,[ like the heavy metal music intro ].

There must be a difference between the Maik one & the mediafire one
as the file unzipped file size is not the same ? .
All work so who care`s
[ no firewall - browser : seamonkey (pause & resume at end of download)

Old 05-19-16, 12:07 PM   #6968
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by foz View Post
on the

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S..._REWORKED_RUS/

from Maiks serious SH3-Mod archives
This is my version is not perfect!
Old 06-07-16, 09:45 PM   #6969
Leoz
Ensign

Downloads: 253
Default Win 10 - GWX3 stability. (Resolved)

This may be for just anyone in a similar situation or useful feedback (or maybe you knew this already) re: GWX3.0 and Windows 10.

Love the GWX3 mod although ran into some things I had to fix up after installing it.

Run a vanilla Windows 10 Home edition OS. No special pre-made image from the big box stores just the full-off the shelf version from an office supply store.

Ran stock SHIII via Steam for months (about 460 hours of play time) on Windows 10 as described above. Stable. No crashes. No issues.

Had some crash-to-desktop (CTD) issues after installing GWX3. And that was after doing the proper steps of putting a GSX3 install over a clean SHIII install.

Unknown the exact fixes as I did multiple things after noticing the CTDs.

1. Forced Windows 10 to run GWX3 in compatibility mode for XP SP3.
2. Set screen resolution down to 1024x768 (still looks good on a 27" monitor). I love the game enough to dedicate this computer to it if needed.
3. When launching the GWX3 shortcut, I now right-click it and "Run as administrator".
4. Video options of SHIII/GWX3, turn off event camera; reduced texture detail a bit.
5. Restart.

Runs very well. At some point I will do some fault isolation and re-engage some of the video settings.

Now stable. Also note, this is just me with my system. So, I have no other events to point to with other users and their systems. So take what I post with that kind of grain-of-salt.

I have only been using GWX3 for two days.

And of course after playing 460-some hours of stock SHIII, having a wonderful enjoyment of this GWX3 mod.

Regards,

"Auf gefechtsstationen!"

NYGM
Leoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 03:31 AM   #6970
Coldcall
Chief

Downloads: 42

So GWX 3 is really great however I wish they had not removed gaining renown from completing mission objective, ie: 24 hour patrol at x grid. I think the problem is its immersion altering for me. Removing the renown from completing ones mission takes away any meaning to actually following orders.

Is there a way to easily add the renown gained from completing mission?

One problem I have found consistently with Silent Hunter series is the lack of two way communications. It always feels like the world is a little static because other than mission completed communication there is no feeling of a real dynamic between sub and BdU. The extra communications added by GWX or other mods in rest of Silent Hunter series are a nice touch but one realises there is no connectivity between those comms and the real world outside your sub.

For me a great addition to any future sub game (Silent Hunter 6) would be a real dynamic campaign system something like the one in Falcon 4 where comms are connected to the world outside.
Coldcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 05:18 AM   #6971
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
So GWX 3 is really great however I wish they had not removed gaining renown from completing mission objective, ie: 24 hour patrol at x grid. I think the problem is its immersion altering for me. Removing the renown from completing ones mission takes away any meaning to actually following orders.

Is there a way to easily add the renown gained from completing mission?

One problem I have found consistently with Silent Hunter series is the lack of two way communications. It always feels like the world is a little static because other than mission completed communication there is no feeling of a real dynamic between sub and BdU. The extra communications added by GWX or other mods in rest of Silent Hunter series are a nice touch but one realises there is no connectivity between those comms and the real world outside your sub.

For me a great addition to any future sub game (Silent Hunter 6) would be a real dynamic campaign system something like the one in Falcon 4 where comms are connected to the world outside.
Rewon is easy to change, if i dont mistake is in basic config file. I was touching myfile and posible i will add a little rewon (50 in gwx) for reach in position (24hours dont seems realistic to me, and very complex sometimes playing with real navigation).

if you use h.sie patch, Dbu deoends on your situation, any way i think 25 answers coulnt get a incredible inmmersion, but h.sie wark is wonderfull and thinking is a patch compared to stock is great. Mybe if you want extreme inmersion, theres a mod wich bomb you with real mensages frmo Dbu, historic. The 95% dont affect you, 3% are instruction like JFO and 2% names you (incluiding your sunk! muajujuju).

i hope it help. i dont bealive there will be sh6. i would be happy if they realise a repacked sh3 without limitations for the 10th aniversary.
Old 06-09-16, 11:29 AM   #6972
Coldcall
Chief

Downloads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquelarrefox View Post
Rewon is easy to change, if i dont mistake is in basic config file. I was touching myfile and posible i will add a little rewon (50 in gwx) for reach in position (24hours dont seems realistic to me, and very complex sometimes playing with real navigation).

if you use h.sie patch, Dbu deoends on your situation, any way i think 25 answers coulnt get a incredible inmmersion, but h.sie wark is wonderfull and thinking is a patch compared to stock is great. Mybe if you want extreme inmersion, theres a mod wich bomb you with real mensages frmo Dbu, historic. The 95% dont affect you, 3% are instruction like JFO and 2% names you (incluiding your sunk! muajujuju).

i hope it help. i dont bealive there will be sh6. i would be happy if they realise a repacked sh3 without limitations for the 10th aniversary.
The sounds a cool mod. It makes sense that if you sink HMS Renown, it should be BdU signalled news. Also cool would be where you can send a convoy contact report in, shadow the convoy (within 25 km range), and watch other u-boats arrive at the scene. It might take a few days for closest u-boats to arrive but would be super immersive.

An SH6 will be developed one day and when they do I hope they add much more immersion in the dynamic campaign.
Coldcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-16, 12:35 PM   #6973
Aquelarrefox
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldcall View Post
The sounds a cool mod. It makes sense that if you sink HMS Renown, it should be BdU signalled news. Also cool would be where you can send a convoy contact report in, shadow the convoy (within 25 km range), and watch other u-boats arrive at the scene. It might take a few days for closest u-boats to arrive but would be super immersive.

An SH6 will be developed one day and when they do I hope they add much more immersion in the dynamic campaign.
H.sie wolpack fix and another path on-the-fly, suport wolpack and the dbu send the mensages and you could see then in night. (jajajaja well if you can find it becose the attack gets a madness) The attacks takes, i dont know hours (several hours up to the night).

The news and custumed mensages needs complex changes in code. I dont say its out of capacities of steibler or h.sie in deed, but is so complex with so minimun benefics for player that i dont think noone would lose time leading time working on it.

theres a dynamic campaing software but i dont use it becose to me becose very buggy.
Old 07-12-16, 08:00 PM   #6974
canadianvalkyrie
Nub

Downloads: 2

Hello, I am new to SH3, and I am trying to download GWX. When I go to the official website and click on the link to download GWX, it takes me to "the Escapist Magazine," and there is no way to "escape" it (See what I did there?). There is no further download link (such as on adfly). Also when I try going to the filefront link on the beginning of this thread, it gives me an error. Are there any other ways to download GWX? Thanks for the help!
canadianvalkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 08:44 PM   #6975
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Welcome Mate!
Here's the full install in one file.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/a0.../GWX3_Full.exe