SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-10-18, 11:51 PM   #1
Alepou340
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Support Bdu Radio Contact Reports Issue

Hello fellow captains,
I need to get exact reading of enemy convoy headings from radio contacts apart from range and their speed. But unfortunately my sh5 does not give me that info except some generic and aproximate heading like (Course: SSE). Is there a way to be able to make my navigatior give this bearing i need?

Note: Im using WoS 2.0.0 and in some of my recent campaigns all of a sudden this came into the reports tab 'Radio Report Recieved! Enemy Large Convoy,Long 1° 03" E, Lat 55° 10" N, Course 126,Speed 11 KTS!' but never appeared again since.

What is going on?

Thank you.
Alepou340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 02:10 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Options you're asking for are available trough the Options file Editor. Update your modpack!Cheers.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 06:58 AM   #3
Alepou340
Nub

Downloads: 10

Thank you very much this is really helpfull!
I do experience some technical issues yet again though I've watched your step-by-step video for Options File Editor on youtube. Everything updates normally exept the 'Show contact's actual course vice relative course (E, ENE, SE, S, etc.)' and the 'Show contact's actual speed vice relative speed (slow, medium, fast ,etc)' option which I set to TRUE and save it (saves it successfully). But when i load my campaign save, radio contact reports shown in captains log continue to give me quadrant bearings.
Alepou340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-18, 02:13 PM   #4
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Alepou340
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3-4-5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-18, 01:24 PM   #5
SnipersHunter
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 201

Since I dont want to open a new thread i will just use this one.

I am playing the Wolves of Steel with Real Navigation enabled.

I really love it but i have one question. Is it possible to mark the position of a convoy on the map when a radio contact reports is received by the BDU, even when playing with Real Navigation?

I just watched this video but my navigator is not marking the position of the convoy on the map after we received a radio contact report by be BDU...

You can see what i mean in second 30.

SnipersHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 01:11 PM   #6
CTU_Clay
The Lone Wolf

Downloads: 312
Icon14

Welcome to SubSim Alepou340.

“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.” .
CTU_Clay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-18, 05:47 PM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

If you want to mark things that survive your next savegame then you have to use Supermarks in which you can type-in useful data. For doing that chose a small zoom to start to place the mark and then go to a bigger zoom for moving the mark in precise position. Only these Supermarks will stay when saving the game, everything else will disappear when reloading game.

RN wouldn't make sense if the game would mark any radio contact for you, so you should do it yourself, and keep in mind that these radio contacts do not provide 100% precise information. In past mods shown in the tutorials (most of these are outdated) there are 'Ghost marks' appearing showing the exact location of contacts which makes RN futile, but I guess the current TWoS version has fixed that.
You can plot and mark everything, your own position only by asking the Navigator SPC - which is the only significant difference to non-RN, but I don't know the mechanic exactly because I play without RN (and still have to save my supermarks anyway).

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-01-18 at 06:10 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-23, 01:23 AM   #8
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

Course SSE, WNW, ENE etcetera consists of the dot between for instance S and SW on your gradient disc (ruler).

It is pretty realistic that you get only one mention of a convoy spotted and a general course after which you have to decide whether to intercept or not, and do not know if the convoy changes course because that was never spotted.

I refuse to act on any convoy radio report over 200-300km away. That way I can generally always intercept, no matter how much time transpired between the report coming in and me reading it, provided it is less than 10 hours.