SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-09, 04:52 PM   #16
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt commander lare View Post
i was wondering is there a fix in the works for the various ctd in the different missions

lt commander lare

yes, i will be trying to clean up any minor glitches that are found which is why i need detailed reports on the circumstances of any ctd issue.

some missions may have a typo, or cfg date issue, and one or two missions might originally be made for tmo or something so they may have a ship in them thats not in the stock game and thats usually what causes any ctd issue.

report any issues to me and i'll get together with tambor and get them straightened out asap.

Old 08-11-09, 05:16 PM   #17
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
SM12 Palau Gauntlet. I have another SM12 Battle of Subiyan Straight. Could that be the problem? It crashes at different times, usually after I sink the patrol boat. One time I think it did not crash but I was far behind the mission schedule and the Yamato had sailded away, so I failed the mission. That is all I can tell you.

The mission calls for you to enter a shallow bay, sink or get past a gun boat, proceed through the bay past shore batteries, and enter the ocean to support a cruiser (which will be sunk if you do not arrive in time to assist it in the attack) fending off the Yamoto and another Jap ship. It is a very imangitive mission, and not easy to accomplish even if it does not crash.

well thats not one of the missions in this mission pack mod so i cant say for sure whats going on there but check with whoever made that mission.

in most cases its usually a cfg date issue or something simular that causes the ctd.

as for two missions being numbered the same, it with revert to alphabetical order as far as how they show up on the mission list but to my knowledge it wont cause any conflict unless they are also named exactly the same.

Old 08-11-09, 07:49 PM   #18
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Greetings, Guys.

As I am the author of these missions (aka tambor198 over at the Ubiforums) or most of them I shall endeavor to get to the bottom of the ctds.

First, the Battle of Sibuyan Straits is not one of my missions. There is a mission called Battle of the Sibuyan Sea by a gentleman named Ishigami. Could this be the one being referred to?

Palau Gauntlet was made by Hazelwood. I shall do some looking and see if I can make any corrections.

The the mission that Lt CDr lare is referring to Planes For Rabaul is one of mine and I shall see if I can fix the problem.

Might take me a couple of days but hopefully I'll be back in a couple of days with three crash free missions.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

Old 08-11-09, 08:01 PM   #19
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
Greetings, Guys.

As I am the author of these missions (aka tambor198 over at the Ubiforums) or most of them I shall endeavor to get to the bottom of the ctds.

The the mission that Lt CDr lare is referring to Planes For Rabaul is one of mine and I shall see if I can fix the problem.

Might take me a couple of days but hopefully I'll be back in a couple of days with three crash free missions.

great, that saves me having to PM you.

i just tested the planes for rabaul mission and it gave me a ctd when the carriers sink. i sunk both at the same time and i got the mission completed screen but when i returned to mission it immediately gave me the ctd so maybe its the actual sinking that triggers it and not just the registering as sunk thats triggering it.

Old 08-11-09, 08:34 PM   #20
Lt commander lare
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 781
Uploads: 35

thanks cdrsubron7 for working on this it looks like a really cool mission you made

lt commander lare
Old 08-11-09, 10:53 PM   #21
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default ishigami's machine is for a japanese battleship.

Ishigami's mission of for a jap battleship. I assumed it was a Navy sub, so I started the game. I found myself in the midst of a jap task force and was sunk immediately. Someone showed me how to reset my depth settings, so I can turn the boat into a sub, come up in the midst of the convey and play it that way.
Old 08-11-09, 11:57 PM   #22
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

More than happy to help out where I can. I've found the errors in the Planes For Rabaul mission and have corrected them. The mission now works fine for me. As it was getting rather late here and I have to get up early and head off to work I will post a new link for the corrected mission tomorrow night.

Old 08-12-09, 03:34 AM   #23
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Capt. Webster, is correct.SM12 Palau Gauntlet

Quote:
I am interested, Captain donut, in what "Sounds interesting"? Palau Gauntlet, I wish to try.

If you are talking about the Palau Gauntlet, it is. If you can sink the gunboat with a torpedo, you are a better shot than I am. I like raking the gunboat with my anti aircraft gun when it is close. More action and I do not have to wait as long for it to reload as the I do when employing the deck gun. I just have to stop the mission from crashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post
well thats not one of the missions in this mission pack mod so i cant say for sure whats going on there but check with whoever made that mission.

in most cases its usually a cfg date issue or something similar that causes the ctd.

as for two missions being numbered the same, it with revert to alphabetical order as far as how they show up on the mission list but to my knowledge it wont cause any conflict unless they are also named exactly the same.
Not in this mod pack. Sounds Interesting though.

Last edited by donut; 08-12-09 at 03:52 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 08-12-09, 03:42 AM   #24
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Much appreciated

I made my post re the crashing games just to complain. I did not expect you folks to jump on the problem. A very nice surprise, indeed. I do not have the technical expertise to fix it.

Hey, I am getting damn good at sinking ships. I play with map updates on and a camera view so I can admire my work. I used the Easy AoB mod, some of Webster's mods, and FOTRS. FOTRS has an overabundance of airplane attacks (it was driving me insane), so I activated No Airstrike mod.

Today I sunk a subchaser and destroyer that were stationary at ranges of 4,000 and 4,150 yards yds. Their crews must have been sleeping. What makes these two attacks interesting is that it was a 3 a.m., dark, and I was unable to use the range fix to the TGT that is part of the Easy AoB mod, as getting an accurate reading from the range/aspect ratio TGT dial was imposssible because of darkness and distances to the targets (I could barely make them out.) I ended up measuring range with the ruler/compass tool and manually setting the range/aspect ratio TGT dial because I had enabled manual use of the TGT range dial via a mod fix to the cfg file.

I intended to fire 2 torpedoes at each target. I did not check my torpedoes and the first two fell short as they were 36 kt. torpedoes. My remaining torpedoes were Mark 14's. I fired 4 of them. By mistake I fired 3 torpedoes, instead of 2, at the destroyer. While they were en route I fired the 4th at the subchaser. Four hits and two warships sunk. I am a happy camper.
Old 08-12-09, 04:05 AM   #25
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
cdrsubron7, from SHCE ?

Quote:
Greetings, Guys.

First, the Battle of Sibuyan Straits is not one of my missions. There is a mission called Battle of the Sibuyan Sea by a gentleman named Ishigami. Could this be the one being referred to?

Palau Gauntlet was made by Hazelwood. I shall do some looking and see if I can make any corrections. PLEASE, download link also.

Old 08-12-09, 01:57 PM   #26
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
SM12 Palau Gauntlet. I have another SM12 Battle of Subiyan Straight. Could that be the problem? It crashes at different times, usually after I sink the patrol boat. One time I think it did not crash but I was far behind the mission schedule and the Yamato had sailded away, so I failed the mission. That is all I can tell you.

The mission calls for you to enter a shallow bay, sink or get past a gun boat, proceed through the bay past shore batteries, and enter the ocean to support a cruiser (which will be sunk if you do not arrive in time to assist it in the attack) fending off the Yamoto and another Jap ship. It is a very imangitive mission, and not easy to accomplish even if it does not crash.
I played that mission several times in SH4 1.4, but now in 1.5 it will not even load into the mission editor, it crashes the editor. So it may need to be edited with notepad. But I think the problem is something different from 1.4 to 1.5. I downloaded it and tried it and I also got a CTD as I left the harbor.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 08-12-09, 08:03 PM   #27
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Ok, here is the corrected Planes For Rabaul. Hope you guys enjoy the mission.

Here is a link to the Palau Gauntlet mission. I'm going to look into it now and see if I can find what is causing the crashes.

I've looks at both the Battle Of The Sibuyan Sea and the Paulu Gauntlet and as Peabody has mentioned they do not open in the ME. I can open them in Notepad, but am not skilled enough to look at the game files and know what needs changing. Sorry I couldn't do anymore.

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 08-12-09 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-12-09, 08:58 PM   #28
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default Excellent

cdrsubron7
Captain

On behalf of the Barbarinna and her crew, thank you Captain.:s alute::sal ute::salut e:(that is a salute from the crew on board. The rest are on shore leave!)

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 08-12-09 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-12-09, 09:07 PM   #29
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Ok, here is the corrected Planes For Rabaul. Hope you guys enjoy the mission.

Here is a link to the Palau Gauntlet mission. I'm going to look into it now and see if I can find what is causing the crashes.

I've looks at both the Battle Of The Sibuyan Sea and the Paulu Gauntlet and as Peabody has mentioned they do not open in the ME. I can open them in Notepad, but am not skilled enough to look at the game files and know what needs changing. Sorry I couldn't do anymore.

On your d\l site there's a pic of a hot babe that says " Click Me Free "

My wife walked up behind me and said " Don't even think about it. "

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
Old 08-12-09, 09:15 PM   #30
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Sorry, about that. The d/l site is Filefront and there is not much I can do about their choice of advertising.

Closed Thread