Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-04-18, 11:42 PM   #16
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The responsibility lies with the parents, they are setting this situation up. They know it is illegal to enter a different country without the proper paperwork and permission. If anyone is to blame for splitting up families, it's Senor Mom and Dad.

I see no "moral crisis". These people, no matter their intentions or motivation, are breaking our laws. Practically no one* is saying that immigrants shouldn't be allowed to enter this country at all. But there are rules and a process for becoming a legal U.S. resident. Personally, I do think that process could use some reform, but that's another topic.

*No one that isn't at least a little crazy or racist, anyway.
Old 06-05-18, 01:08 AM   #17
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
typical gross exaggeration by the anti-Trump media. All the U.S. is doing is enforcing their immigration laws, Something every other nation on earth does.
GERMANY does not! And is proud of it!!! Moral claim trumps the law and order of the state!!!!!! We even let stay those who got negative asyulm eplies. We even interrupt the majority of operations aiming at picking up and sending back a tiny fraction of those who were found to have no legal claim to stay.
Old 06-05-18, 01:24 AM   #18
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

If the US came to grips getting drugs under control and not importing those for billions of dollars from Mexico, the 'market' in Mexico could be broken, and at least some laws reintroduced.
The drug war in Mexico meanwhile involves all, and this is why most want to flee. Literally.

" [...]Other ideas Republican primary candidates have pondered lately include eliminating birthright citizenship, which is guaranteed by the 14th amendment to the Constitution, because some argue that it acts as a magnet for undocumented immigrants.

While these ideas might energize the GOP’s conservative base, they wouldn’t do much to deter illegal immigration, for one simple reason: All of these propositions rest on the false assumption that most undocumented immigrants are crossing into the U.S. primarily to look for a better life and a higher-paying job.

Anyone who speaks to undocumented immigrants regularly knows that they invariably view the dangerous and expensive trip into the U.S. as a last resort, usually because something went horribly wrong at home — not because of dreams of having a child who is a U.S. citizen. [...]"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...1?guccounter=1

If you want to get a faint glimpse of what is really going on there, you could read Don Winslow's books 'The power of the dog' or 'The Cartel'. This is nothing else than war between the cartels that has spread all over the country, and they stop at nothing. From burning people alive to killing any journalist who dares to write about it, to machine-gunning families or imposing "taxes" on everyone, so bare living is becoming impossible.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-05-18 at 06:36 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 08:56 AM   #19
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
All of these propositions rest on the false assumption that most undocumented immigrants are crossing into the U.S. primarily to look for a better life and a higher-paying job.

You have no idea the multitudes of people I repatriated who came to my country seeking entry. I can tell you it is not a false assumption to think the vast majority of immigrants risked everything to seek the American dream. Those who do, need to go through the same convoluted and pain in the arse bureaucratic process of obtaining citizenship or an A-card just like I had too.

Asylum seekers on the other hand usually have no idea what asylum means and because of that the vast majority of those are denied entry and repatriated. Those that did satisfy the requirements listed below were, without hesitation on our part, allowed entry. High crime rates, drugs, desperation, depression, risking it all, and useless governments aren't on the list of reasons. That's something they need to stand up too and fix just like everyone else in the world should.

Every year people come to the United States seeking protection because they have suffered persecution or fear that they will suffer persecution due to:
  • Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Membership in a particular social group
  • Political opinion
Definition of persecution:
1 : the act of continually treating in a cruel and harmful way
2 : the state of being continually treated in a cruel and harmful way

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-05-18 at 10:16 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 10:55 AM   #20
Catfish

U.S. Appetite for Mexico’s Drugs Fuels Illegal Immigration
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/u...migration.html

Mexicans want to immigrate to the US because of dollars, "this is a "myth" created by some rich-wingy fellow who tries to spread xenophobic in the US."
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-f...da-for-example

And another myth, jobs stolen by immigrants:
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brook...rican-workers/

Last edited by Catfish; 06-05-18 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-05-18, 11:51 AM   #21
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Here's another proverb: Bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

None of which you linked too are valid reasons for asylum. All it reveals is the obvious that life isn't fair and how cruel the world can be. Still my advice to potential immigrants is rise up fix your country or get in line. Either that get an airline ticket and fly into DUS. I hear they got an open door policy.

Now if they bring up the issue of racism in Mexico I would say more than a few immigrants may stand a chance of asylum. But its my understanding they don't think of or see racism as we do. Probably why its not brought up during an interview. But I think and I could be mistaken the U.S. government has to recognize the Mexican government as a racist state.

http://www.racismreview.com/blog/201...racism-mexico/

Quote:
Navarrete asserts that some of the most heinous murders over the last couple of decades in Mexico show the minimization of the lives of Mexicans who live on the margins of society. He draws attention to the impunity and the Mexican government’s lack of concern for the disappearance and murder of the 43 student teachers in Ayotzinapa, Guerrero, in September 2014; the killings of hundreds of women in Ciudad Juárez in the 1990s and 2000s; the mass murder of 200 Central and South American migrants in San Fernando, Tamaulipas, in 2010 and 2011; and the mass murder of 22 individuals assumed to be narcotraffickers at the hands of Mexican soldiers in Tlatlaya on June 30, 2014. Navarrete asserts that the indigenous roots, the darker skin and the low socioeconomic standing of these victims made their lives invisible and expendable. He avers that there would be an uproar in the government and mass media, and among the elite if the victims were “beautiful” people from privileged classes.
Quote:

Navarrete argues forcefully that racism in Mexico is not merely idle talk. Rather, it is pernicious and noxious. The result of racist talk, actions and behavior among Mexicans is the social exclusion and devaluation of indigenous people and persons of African origin who are seen as not really part of Mexican society — they are the “other,” people who do not count.
Can you guess who is trying to make it across the border? Well I'll tellya, it sure as hell isnt Mexicans with the beautiful white European ancestry genes that's for sure.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 06-05-18 at 06:38 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 03:53 PM   #22
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

I agree that people trying to enter the country illegally should be dealt with as criminals. That said, when a family goes to a legitimate point of entry and wants to enter as refugees they are still being treated as, and referred to as illegals.

Illegals enter the country covertly, and go to ground. People asking for asylum/refugee status at the border are attempting a legal process.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 06:38 PM   #23
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
U.S. Appetite for Mexico’s Drugs Fuels Illegal Immigration
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/u...migration.html

Mexicans want to immigrate to the US because of dollars, "this is a "myth" created by some rich-wingy fellow who tries to spread xenophobic in the US."
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-f...da-for-example
Strawman argument. Nobody says that "most" Mexicans want to move to the US and the argument is about illegal (let me make this bigger so you can see it) immigration not immigration itself.

Quote:
And another myth, jobs stolen by immigrants:
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brook...rican-workers/
Nothing but a rehash of the discredited theory that some jobs are just too dirty or difficult for us spoiled, lazy Americans that we need poor unwashed immigrants who will work for slave wages to do them for us.

Please reread GoldenRivets excellent analogy above.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 07:53 PM   #24
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 11

The Guardian are in the green bit.....

Last edited by JU_88; 06-05-18 at 08:06 PM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-18, 08:02 PM   #25
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Not if you're an EU member.
The clocks ticking on that one.
Old 06-05-18, 10:17 PM   #26
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
GERMANY does not! And is proud of it!!! Moral claim trumps the law and order of the state!!!!!! We even let stay those who got negative asyulm eplies. We even interrupt the majority of operations aiming at picking up and sending back a tiny fraction of those who were found to have no legal claim to stay.

No offense, but I'm not even sure how you guys manage to reproduce anymore. Maybe that's why migrant rapes aren't frowned upon?
Old 06-05-18, 11:55 PM   #27
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
...the discredited theory that some jobs are just too dirty or difficult for us spoiled, lazy Americans that we need poor unwashed immigrants who will work for slave wages to do them for us.

... and I think this is more of an insult to the immigrants than (as I think was intended) to Americans.
Old 06-06-18, 01:48 AM   #28
Catfish

"Strawman argument" eh?

But you sure know who worked and works for Trump?

Old 06-06-18, 11:51 AM   #29
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548

Quote:
Vendor this is pretty inflammatory and biased. It hardly qualifies as "news".

And BTW GoldenRivet nails it.
I understand, and know about it, but a solution in both short and long term must come, and yes, I have read the GR's release.

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-18, 11:56 AM   #30
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Vendor this is pretty inflammatory and biased. It hardly qualifies as "news".
Oh this is nothing! If you think their (the Guardians) news is bad (its actually not too terrible considering), have a read of their 'opinion' section, and have some whiskey too, you'll need it - not that it will make the delusional middle class Marxism any less cringe worthy, but it might make you laugh.

Last edited by JU_88; 06-06-18 at 12:08 PM.