SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Red Storm Rising
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-29-06, 11:44 AM   #61
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

You can find a slightly older version (don't know whats the difference to his last) over at the CADC in the downloads section.
Old 05-01-06, 04:09 PM   #62
Deathblow
Captain

Downloads: 0

Hi Bill, quick question. Is there a reason that most of the FFG campaigns only have one helo instead of two? Losing that thing is worst than losing your right arm! I can't remember what the book mentioned about the RJs helo loadout.

2. Know any other good books that could be suitable campaigns?
Old 05-02-06, 02:43 AM   #63
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

As mentioned in some other thread, the following books could be good for an interesting campaign :

- Debt of Honor
- Executive Orders
- The Bear and the Dragon

all written by Tom Clancy. Those three books have one common thread and thats Chinas interest in expanding to their west (ie Sibiria). Tho thats only real visible in TBTD. To further their goal they make up a coalition with India, Japan and Iran. In the first book its Japan vs. US with India & China on the sidelines passively supporting Japans actions with some of their own. In the 2nd book its UIR (Iran/Iraq after Hussein was assasinated and Iraq assimilated by Iran into the UIR) vs US again with India and China on the sidelines. Tho this time Japan helps the US. And in the 3rd book its US & Russia vs China in the attempt to prevent China from taking Sibiria and the natural resources recently found there (huge amounts of gold, oil and other things).

There are some interesting mission in that, for example a SSN (or was it SSBN) playing Gasstation for some Army Comanches on a Special Ops mission.
Old 05-05-06, 05:35 PM   #64
Deathblow
Captain

Might I make a suggestion on mission "Nordic Hammer"? Perhaps some of the flight schedules readiness for the various destroyers/cruisers should be cut back to alert status 15 and alert status 30 instead of alert status 5. Otherwise every ship has the ability to launch helos at you in no time flat. I did a truth on a mission that I was sunk, and I had 6 helos circling above me.... six....

Is it really possible for an aircraft to stay at alert status five indefinantly while in transit?

EDIT.

Ok... I've realized what really going on. Its not that the game is freezing, its just screeching to a ultra slow halt for some reason. I once experienced the freeze (it happens with the last Kilo spawns) and the game stops. I've distressed again, so go to grab some food. I come back after about 15min and although the game is still frozen, I can see that its moved ahead just a tad albeit slow. So what I do is "pause" the game and go to the pause menu and after about another 10min the game free's up again. I'm not sure what's going on but a least its a relief to know the goal is achievable.

EDIT2

However, I've run into another problem. The goal trigger, Providence reaches the ice, but Buffalo was sunk, won't fire because even though the Buffalo is at 100% damage sitting at the bottom of the ocean its "dead platform" is still there and won't unspawn (like most dead platforms do when after a while they dissappear). The dead buffalo still persist through game-saves and never unspawns and no its not a "show dead platforms" options from the options menu... that option has been off and the other dead platforms have disappeared...all except Buffalo for some reason... and because of that the goal trigger won't fire... very bizarre. *sigh*
Will try to work out the causes eventually, but man that was a lot of work just to end up with a broken trigger.

Last edited by Deathblow; 05-29-06 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-12-06, 06:31 PM   #65
Captain Norman
Medic

Downloads: 16

K, Red Storm Rising is one of my favourite books of all time, especially the naval aspect, so im dying to play this, problem is, I cant download it from the internet cause its in the European Release, and im not shellin out more money for the European edition. Is there a hope in hell that we will be able to download this again?
Old 06-12-06, 09:02 PM   #66
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Norman
K, Red Storm Rising is one of my favourite books of all time, especially the naval aspect, so im dying to play this, problem is, I cant download it from the internet cause its in the European Release, and im not shellin out more money for the European edition. Is there a hope in hell that we will be able to download this again?
Yes, there's hope. Have patience!
Old 06-12-06, 09:10 PM   #67
Captain Norman
Medic

Downloads: 16

Omg Bill u replied to my message, what an honor. Thank u Bill, u really have given me hope. I cant wait to play the campaign based on one of my favourite books of all time.
Old 07-07-06, 03:54 AM   #68
Wilko
Officer

Downloads: 30

I've just recieved my copy of DW yesterday and picked up RSR from the Libary today so I am in the mood for some action, hope something is sorted soon :hmm:
Old 07-22-06, 02:57 AM   #69
hyperion2206
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 8

I have to admit that I haven't completed the campaign yet, but I think you did a really godd job!!! The only thing that disturvs me a bit is that there are some missions that do not have critical goals. As soon as you start such a mission you've already "won" and you can jump right to the next mission. But apart from that it's just great.
Old 07-22-06, 06:29 AM   #70
ronhui
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5

Hi Bill,

Any ETA known of the After action report for the 4th mission, the Red Sky mission?

Need some small hints on how to proceed and master the DW game.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-06, 08:48 AM   #71
JustinReg
Swabbie

Downloads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathblow
Question:

How is the OHP supposed to survive the Reposte missions. Its SM-2s can't really touch those 2000kts ASM missiles that the backfires launch. The CIWS can't touch them either.... I'm sunk each and every time no matter what... .... suggestions?
same as, even with show truth on, i cant get enough sm2's or chaff/flares in the air
Old 01-26-07, 11:57 AM   #72
Equinox
Swabbie

Default RSR-Mission #1 Question

Can someone please explain to me why it is that my ship begins to suffer damage while at rest in the slip, even before I have time to energize the APU's, or order up reverse engines or anything. There is a steady, progressive buildup of collision damage that ultimately sinks the ship. My hopes for career advancement seem limited, what with my first command going down at the dock and all....

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-26-07, 02:02 PM   #73
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

Which patch version are you using?
Try turning 'wave riding' OFF in the options.
Old 01-26-07, 03:05 PM   #74
Equinox
Swabbie

Default RSR-Mission #1

I am using the latest patch, 1.04. I will give the wave riding suggestion a try. Many thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-26-07, 03:11 PM   #75
Equinox
Swabbie

Default RSR: Mission #1

Well, now I feel really foolish but I have to ask where in the options selections is the option to turn off wave riding. I have checked under the 3-D choice and examined two screens of options but I don't see this choice there. I'm betting this is life once again presenting me with another opportunity to embarass myself but where is this option located?

Again, thanks for your help.