Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 09-04-11, 06:49 PM   #1
Radioshow
Bosun

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default BMS 4 The Falcon 4 Update is finally released!!!

http://www.veterans-gaming.com/download.php?view.134

Follow download link for BMS 4. Original falcon 4 is needed i think, easy to get. Old game which no ones who owns it anymore hehe.

Most of you know what Falcon 4.0 is. A flight sim with realism on par with or better than DCS A10. But it's old, 1998 old.

Well not anymore. BMS adds new graphics and terrain engine(tiles to be updated still) plus a whole slew of realism upgrades to fry any sim lovers brain.

I was in the beta test group and i can tell ya this is better than A10 for sure now. Graphics still goes to A10, but multiplayer with win7 compatible BUILT IN REAL JET comms , channels and all is much more immersive. Comms chatter with real radio operation!

Full start up procedures, INS, radar bit test, proper LGB/Laser operation, more HARM modes. Target and waypoint/GPS coords handoff.
I could go on forever.
Radioshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-11, 09:03 PM   #2
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I haven't been this happy to find my F4 CD since it accidentally fell through my desk drawer 11 years ago and left me falcon-less for 2 months. And here I thought I'd never be needing to look for it again

Wow, this is incredible. I was skeptical about it till the last moment (can't be real! can't be as good as they say! something seems fishy!), that is till the moment I had it flying on my desktop. The new cockpit system is a work of art, and the feel and smoothness of the flight model is absolutely incredible. It also helps that the engine now runs at relatively high FPS without any real stuttering, and that really lets the flight model shine. No more plane on rails! I have a feeling once the terrain tiles are totally re-skinned and up-ressed and some new objects are added to the map, this will give DCS a run for its money in the looks department.

Otherwise the feel of this is un-beatable. If the campaign still works like it used to (and hopefully better), I think I may be in heaven with this. I think nearly 13 years after its release, Falcon is about to definitively reclaim its crown as the best flight sim ever

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 01:09 PM   #3
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

First impression after a few minutes of Tactical Engagements: FANTASTIC

What they've achieved with the old warhorse is truly amazing, especially the flightmodel and the graphics. Campaign tryout still to come...
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 04:20 PM   #4
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

It's good then? All the reports I've heard about it seem to be saying the same thing.....Hmmm..I was going to get DCS this week but I might have to actually try and find my F4 disk. I haven't seen the darn thing for years
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 06:28 PM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Holy cow - last Falcon standard I used was Allied Force. Then saw that video. I had no clue that they have advanced that old girl that much! It looks like a completely new simulator!?

Just searched the box with the old things - and happily found the old F4 default cd. I hope BMS works with the German CD, too. Will test it while waiting for the DVD release of A-10 German, which just has been delayed once again until 21. Sept.
Old 09-07-11, 06:43 PM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I have tested it this afternoon. And was left wondering what weed they were smoking when putting THESE flight models into the sim. Bombers behaving like dogfighters, and interceptors flying like passenger planes. The mass of a plane they seem to have gotten hopelessly wrong. While I like the changed FM for own F16, the FMs for the rest is what makes this a showstopper for me.

If I will ever play F4 again, I'll stick with AF. Maybe graphically not as polished - but beyond that: much smoother around the edges. A package that gives the impression to be "rounder", smoother, and more complete. And stable.