SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-24-09, 12:01 AM   #1
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Uploads: 0
Default need the experts to fix some old missions

A while ago some of the experts here fixed Palau Gauntlet, one of the best missions around. I just played the Dick O'kane mission no. 1. I think were designed for SH1.4. I play 1.5 with TMO. I finally finished the mission. The game crashed a couple of times, and on my return to base (Midway), when I restarted the game after the crash, it repeated all of my topedoe hits and misses. Then I could not time compress to full or moderate compression without the game slowing down.

A lot of work went into some of these missions. How can we check them and get them current?
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-09, 12:13 PM   #2
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

the first step is to post a link so we can dig into them and see if we notice whats wrong
Old 11-24-09, 08:08 PM   #3
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default here you are.

here is the link. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=135984.

It is Ace01_O'Kane_7z, and is the first of five missions in the download package.
Old 11-24-09, 08:41 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

as was mentioned in the thread the link is dead

unless you have the zip file on your computer and can upload them theres nothing to look at
Old 11-26-09, 08:14 PM   #5
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
A while ago some of the experts here fixed Palau Gauntlet, one of the best missions around. I just played the Dick O'kane mission no. 1. I think were designed for SH1.4. I play 1.5 with TMO. I finally finished the mission. The game crashed a couple of times, and on my return to base (Midway), when I restarted the game after the crash, it repeated all of my topedoe hits and misses. Then I could not time compress to full or moderate compression without the game slowing down.

A lot of work went into some of these missions. How can we check them and get them current?
There are only a couple of ships docked at Pearl Harbor that were added by the mission. The mission uses the stock traffic, so other than a class ASSubtender, a Gato and a Balao there are only zones, triggers, objectives and events and it played fine on my computer (stock)
So you could check if TMO changes the Sub Tender or either one of the subs, otherwise there is nothing that should cause a problem.

Try the mission without TMO and see what happens.

As for the slowdown, you will definately slow down at Midway, LOTS of ships.
As for the repeat of torp hits...I have no idea.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-09, 10:58 PM   #6
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Default webster and peabody

sorry follow the link in my first post. Then look at post three in the thread for the current updates. Also, on two or three of the O'Kane missions the dial on the radar devise does not rotate, although you can use the home and end button to accomplish that task. I don't play stock, so if it doesn't work on 1.9 I cannot check things out. I think these were desgined for 1.4 or 1.5. If it cannot be fixed, not a big deal. Some of these missions are quite good.
Old 11-27-09, 03:28 AM   #7
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I don't play stock, so if it doesn't work on 1.9 I cannot check things out. I think these were desgined for 1.4 or 1.5. If it cannot be fixed, not a big deal. Some of these missions are quite good.
Didn't you install TMO with JSGME? If you did just disable it and test the mission then you will know if it is a conflict with TMO. I don't play TMO so I don't know if that is the problem. If it is not a conflict with TMO then we can look a little closer at what the problem may be. But there is no way to know if there is a problem if you don't test it. If it works without TMO then we know what to look for. Like I said it uses the stock traffic, there are only 3 ships in the mission.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote