SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Mods and files for every subsim!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #751
lurker_hlb3
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego Calif
Posts: 2,287
Downloads: 175
Uploads: 12
Default

WARNING

Do not use “any” version of RSRDC with the U-Boat ADD-ON. Based on the limited information that I have seen, RSRDC with “NOT” be compatible with 1.5. When I get the ADD-ON and do a code review I will release a version that will work with it.


PS

Due to “real world” ops I will be off line for one to two weeks.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:01 PM   #752
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack
 
AVGWarhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In a 1954 Buick.
Posts: 26,224
Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0


Default

Thanks a million Lurker!!! RSRD is integral to good game play!
__________________
“You're painfully alive in a drugged and dying culture.”
― Richard Yates, Revolutionary Road
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #753
LukeFF
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 3,610
Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5
Default

Lurker, I've you've not seen yet, one thing you will notice is that many merchants now show up in one of three new categories: Rare Merchant, Rare Tanker, and Rare Troop Transport. Don't know how that affects your merchant layers, but I thought I'd just let you know.
__________________


ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #754
AkbarGulag
Samurai Navy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: cfgdatsimZOMGddstgasns
Posts: 569
Downloads: 20
Uploads: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Lurker, I've you've not seen yet, one thing you will notice is that many merchants now show up in one of three new categories: Rare Merchant, Rare Tanker, and Rare Troop Transport. Don't know how that affects your merchant layers, but I thought I'd just let you know.
Is this because of 1.5?
__________________
"6 days into his patrol, the first enemy ship was spotted... a trawler...

...It was at this point, Captain AkbarGulag realised how green his crew was..."
AkbarGulag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #755
theluckyone17
Captain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Niskayuna, NY
Posts: 482
Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0
Default

Yep... the new categories are in 1.5.

I played around with the Museum to see the new ships, and noted that you can actually browse the models via their category, now... which is kinda neat. Otherwise, I'd have never known.
theluckyone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #756
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: DeLand, FL
Posts: 8,785
Downloads: 129
Uploads: 53


Default Well—lotsa warnings!

And that means that in spite of the fact that I paid for and downloaded the U-Boat Add-on, either it will not be installed until you come back or I figure out MultiSH4. You've spoiled me and I value RSRD more than an add-on I paid for. Thought you'd like to know!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #757
Wilcke
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,442
Downloads: 207
Uploads: 0
Default

MultiSH4 is not working with 1.5 since the filemanager.dll file has changed.
__________________
Wilcke


For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:39 PM   #758
castorp345
Sonar Guy
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: People's Republic of Cambridge
Posts: 384
Downloads: 116
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
either it will not be installed until you come back or I figure out MultiSH4.
for what it's worth, personally i just use two installs of SH4...

install once, add my fav mods, then rename that SH4 install dir to something else (zb x_Silent Hunter 4); then "uninstall" SH4 from the control panel (this won't effect the installation files you just made, only the reg entries), then reinstall & add whatever you want (1.5, TM, RFB, whatev)...
both (or multiples) run then equally fine.


nb this assumes, of course, that one has ample hd space for multiple full installs...


cheers
hc
castorp345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #759
LukeFF
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Riverside, California
Posts: 3,610
Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyone17
Yep... the new categories are in 1.5.

I played around with the Museum to see the new ships, and noted that you can actually browse the models via their category, now... which is kinda neat.
It's always been like that.
__________________


ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #760
lurker_hlb3
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego Calif
Posts: 2,287
Downloads: 175
Uploads: 12
Default



RSRDC V310 for SH4 v1.5


This version of RSRDC is for SH4 v1.5 ( U-boat Add-on ). This version is a role up of v300 and all v300 related patches. The only changes to this version was to make changes to support running on SH4 1.5


Install with JSGME

Link

http://files.filefront.com/RSRDC+V31.../fileinfo.html
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #761
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack
 
AVGWarhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In a 1954 Buick.
Posts: 26,224
Downloads: 89
Uploads: 0


Default

awesome!!!
__________________
“You're painfully alive in a drugged and dying culture.”
― Richard Yates, Revolutionary Road
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:37 PM   #762
Malakie
Bosun
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 61
Downloads: 128
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3


RSRDC V310 for SH4 v1.5


This version of RSRDC is for SH4 v1.5 ( U-boat Add-on ). This version is a role up of v300 and all v300 related patches. The only changes to this version was to make changes to support running on SH4 1.5


Install with JSGME

Link

http://files.filefront.com/RSRDC+V31.../fileinfo.html

HI I think I have found a problem....

I have SH4 1.5 installed. I have installed RSRDCv310 for SH4 v1.5. That is the ONLY mod I have installed.

Started a campaign.

I have now played for almost a year in the campaign. Even won a medal of honor.. How? I have no idea. Anyway, the problem is this.... I have sunk many, many merchants of differing sizes. I have come across what I thought were convoys and when I radioed in, was told to sink the convoy by message...yet the convoys are JUNKS. All of the ships in the convoys!!

Second, I have not seen nor come across a single warship. Not one! Not a destroyer, cruiser, sub hunter... nothing. I have seen aircraft but NO warships of any kind. All ships I come across are either merchants or junks.

Finally, almost every single ship I hit, 99 %, blows up when hit. I mean blows up big time. Now I am all for cool effects and such, but in reality, most ships actually list, perhaps have a small fire onboard and a small amount of smoke from the damaged section.. They then slowly sink, roll over or break apart.

Just a note, this was a clean SH4 install with the new expansion. And again ONLY RSRDC V310 for SH4 v1.5 is installed at this time.

Any ideas?

Malakie
Malakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #763
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Addison, Texas USA
Posts: 117
Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhealy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV
I just have been waiting for someone to say that.

Realism is one thing, waiting for 8 weeks ingame in straits like between borneo and celebes without seeing a single ship is another thing.
Maybe just unlucky? With careers out of Brisbane or Fremantle, I always run into at least 2 or 3 targets in choke points before I even get close to my patrol area with RSRD.
Wish I could say that. Last 3 patrols I have had zero contacts, even in the choke points in straights. I have had to end my missions by going into harbors and sinking merchants at anchor. Rabaul only had 1 coastal patrol boat and I sailed right under its keel without it even detecting me and my sonar operator never ever reported it. Only reason I knew it was there was to go to sonar station myself, track it and raise my scope to ID it. No other destroyers at Rabaul in Dec. 43?
BTW my sonar man finally did report it after I had past it by 2 nm's and it was behind me. I'm suspecting my sonar operator is a traitor, which is why I started checking the sonar myself. Same with radar. I can see ships on radar that my RO want report to me until I am practically on top of them. Even then its usually the deck watch that spots them first.
The skills on the RO and SO's are pretty high. Two being 100 Leader, 150 Electrical, and 150 Watcher ( cost me alot ) the others being 133 to 144 Elec / Watch with around 60-70 leader.
Also, my patrols start with a task force out of Milne Bay.
__________________
Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud".

Last edited by SgtWalt65; 03-03-2008 at 06:27 PM.
SgtWalt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #764
lurker_hlb3
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: San Diego Calif
Posts: 2,287
Downloads: 175
Uploads: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakie

HI I think I have found a problem....

I have SH4 1.5 installed. I have installed RSRDCv310 for SH4 v1.5. That is the ONLY mod I have installed.

Started a campaign.

I have now played for almost a year in the campaign. Even won a medal of honor.. How? I have no idea. Anyway, the problem is this.... I have sunk many, many merchants of differing sizes. I have come across what I thought were convoys and when I radioed in, was told to sink the convoy by message...yet the convoys are JUNKS. All of the ships in the convoys!!

Second, I have not seen nor come across a single warship. Not one! Not a destroyer, cruiser, sub hunter... nothing. I have seen aircraft but NO warships of any kind. All ships I come across are either merchants or junks.

Finally, almost every single ship I hit, 99 %, blows up when hit. I mean blows up big time. Now I am all for cool effects and such, but in reality, most ships actually list, perhaps have a small fire onboard and a small amount of smoke from the damaged section.. They then slowly sink, roll over or break apart.

Just a note, this was a clean SH4 install with the new expansion. And again ONLY RSRDC V310 for SH4 v1.5 is installed at this time.

Any ideas?

Malakie


Quote:
I have now played for almost a year in the campaign. Even won a medal of honor.. How? I have no idea. Anyway, the problem is this.... I have sunk many, many merchants of differing sizes. I have come across what I thought were convoys and when I radioed in, was told to sink the convoy by message...yet the convoys are JUNKS. All of the ships in the convoys!!
When ships ( more than two ) are grouped together the system call it a “Convoy”. What you running into are fishing fleets.

Quote:
Second, I have not seen nor come across a single warship. Not one! Not a destroyer, cruiser, sub hunter... nothing. I have seen aircraft but NO warships of any kind. All ships I come across are either merchants or junks.
RSRDC is not and “arcade game” but a recreation of “Historical” IJN ops in WW2, IJN units out there you just got to know were to look for them “Historical”.


Quote:
Finally, almost every single ship I hit, 99 %, blows up when hit. I mean blows up big time. Now I am all for cool effects and such, but in reality, most ships actually list, perhaps have a small fire onboard and a small amount of smoke from the damaged section.. They then slowly sink, roll over or break apart.
All stock ships are “empty”, no fuel or ammo as cargo. About 35% of all IJN Merchants have fuel or ammo as cargo.


The Mod is working as design
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #765
Doolittle81
Commodore
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 624
Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
...The Mod is working as design
..and BRAVO!!!!! for that, Lurker! Historical reality is what real Simmers want!
__________________
Flight Sim Movies
..............................................
.........................View "Faith, Hope, and Charity" movie
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2018 Subsim