Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Ironclads
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-08, 07:50 PM   #19
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
I have played the demo extensively - and I admit - monkeyed around a bit with the ships. *Side note - don't do this much - it has a tendency to crash the game when some things are "outside" the lines - and I haven't learned what that is yet...*

Movement speed isnt going to always be maxed out for a couple of reasons. Yes, at medium speed you have the greater maneuverability, but what if your running to get side by side with your target - your going flat out - and suddenly he kicks down his speed? You will get one passing shot at him - granted a full broadside if you have the guns - but then you have to turn and circle around him. In that time he is back at full speed and running hard away from you. If he has close to your speed, he is likely running toward friends - meaning you now have a long haul to catch him, and when you do - he will likely have some help. Its better to be a little slower so you can just pull up beside your target at the end of your movement - then use speed to keep your position and pound on him.

As for damage - yes - it does have alot going on that you dont see. I took a frigate alongside another and got in point blank (94%) shots - a total of 16 on the broadside. My enemy was gunned similiar to me, and only could respond with 5 shots - so I took out 11 of his guns - at least temporarily. I don't know if the game allows for repairs, etc.

I too am looking forward to seeing how the game plays when it is fully fleshed out!

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote