SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-08, 12:48 AM   #16
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by badaboom
Very nice Peabody,Lov'in the new BB.I was on BB 63 last yr.and took this shot,

BB#63 Mighty MO,USS Missouri docked at Ford Island Pearl Harbour.
The real guns look a lot bigger than the game ones.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-08, 12:54 AM   #17
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Trust me ive been on the Uss wisconsin at a museam and the whole thing is alot bigger than in the game. Those Guns are huge.

Last edited by Task Force; 07-26-08 at 01:13 AM.
Task Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-08, 02:04 AM   #18
W4lt3r
Ensign

Downloads: 43

Alterations that i did were the: Guns_Radars.sim, CrewAI.cfg and Sim.cfg. Nothing else.

From guns_radars i altered the US guns 20mm, 40mm (all versions) and 5"ers to have more ammunition.
W4lt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-08, 08:38 AM   #19
horsa
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Well done and congrats, Peabody.

It was kind of you to mention me above, but I guess you started from scratch ?
Wise.
Old 07-25-08, 11:16 AM   #20
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4lt3r
Alterations that i did were the: Guns_Radars.sim, CrewAI.cfg and Sim.cfg. Nothing else.

From guns_radars i altered the US guns 20mm, 40mm (all versions) and 5"ers to have more ammunition.
Thanks Walter, I just needed to know what I had to include, because I did some changes (not to those files) and I have to put the two versions together and I didn't want to undo the range fixes by putting in my version of anything that was changed. I thought they were the right ones, but wanted to make sure.

@ Horsa, Thanks, and you were right about it being frustrating sometimes.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 07-25-08, 12:39 PM   #21
sqk7744
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 7

Nice work peabody
sqk7744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-08, 01:00 PM   #22
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqk7744
Nice work peabody
Thanks sqk. Be nicer when we can have some damage stuff, but then I would probably get sunk all the time anyway.:rotfl:

Noticed you location "fughetaboudit" you must be from NY

Peabody

Old 07-26-08, 10:32 PM   #23
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40

Hey, nice, the missions are intresting to play however I'm trying to get this into the campaign and I hit a road block. I've followed the guide posted earlier in this thread (thanks Mush!) but for some reason I Crash to Desktop whenever I try and start a patrol. I can select the USS Iowa as a playable ship and change all the bits and bobs on it but I cant actually sail out without crashing in Campaigns. The missions work fine. Any help would be direly appreciated!

I've edited the Roster file to include the US Iowa, the Flotilla file and the CareerStart file and made sure everything matches between the three. Did I miss a file (probably did, I'm a slight bit impatient )

Thanks in advance!

Bleh EDIT: Forgot to assign missions. Testing!

EDIT 2: Still not working... So I've added missions (same missions as for the subs...)
UrPeaceKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-08, 10:41 PM   #24
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrPeaceKeeper
Hey, nice, the missions are intresting to play however I'm trying to get this into the campaign and I hit a road block. I've followed the guide posted earlier in this thread (thanks Mush!) but for some reason I Crash to Desktop whenever I try and start a patrol. I can select the USS Iowa as a playable ship and change all the bits and bobs on it but I cant actually sail out without crashing in Campaigns. The missions work fine. Any help would be direly appreciated!

I've edited the Roster file to include the US Iowa, the Flotilla file and the CareerStart file and made sure everything matches between the three. Did I miss a file (probably did, I'm a slight bit impatient )

Thanks in advance!
I'll be perfectly honest, I can't get it to work either.:rotfl:. I know you probably don't think that's funny. But I may have a naming conflict in there that doesn't show up in a Single Mission. I am working on it. A couple others asked for a Campaign too.
Just to let you know I have written a Campaign and I play it, so I have done something wrong somewhere. And I think it is probably a "name". They have Class name and unit name and displayable name and IDs and a couple others. I can't keep them straight.
If I get it straightened out I will make a flotilla out of Pearl and add the missions, then if anyone wants to go farther they can use that as a pattern to include other bases.
going to end here, lightning storm, I think one just hit my chair, lights flickering.

Peabody

Old 08-09-08, 04:54 PM   #25
Randall Flagg
Watch

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I'll be perfectly honest, I can't get it to work either.:rotfl:. I know you probably don't think that's funny. But I may have a naming conflict in there that doesn't show up in a Single Mission. I am working on it. A couple others asked for a Campaign too.
Just to let you know I have written a Campaign and I play it, so I have done something wrong somewhere. And I think it is probably a "name". They have Class name and unit name and displayable name and IDs and a couple others. I can't keep them straight.
If I get it straightened out I will make a flotilla out of Pearl and add the missions, then if anyone wants to go farther they can use that as a pattern to include other bases.
going to end here, lightning storm, I think one just hit my chair, lights flickering.

Peabody
thanks for this amazing mod, are you still working on a career for the iowa?
Randall Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-08, 06:15 PM   #26
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:

Thanks in advance!

Peabody
thanks for this amazing mod, are you still working on a career for the iowa?
I still haven't found the problem, may be in the naming, I'm not sure. It should go into the American Career with just adding to a flotilla, but it crashes. It goes all the way through assigning a mission, you can go to the weapon and crew screens, add crewmembers then when you click on the map and it asks if you want to start in port or out of port, clicking "Start" crashes.
I asked on here but didn't get any response. And I have been a little busy helping someone with a ship (Asking me for help, my ship doesn't work right.:rotfl and also working on the Japanese Campaign. If I find the problem I will post it for download with a flotilla MOD so everyone can use it in a Career. But, right now I honestly don't know what the problem is.

Peabody

Old 08-14-08, 10:15 PM   #27
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

I'll see if i can do anything with it, i made the 688i and November Class Subs work as selectable in campaign, for work on the CW mod...
ill see what i can do tomorrow...need to work late tonight
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 12:06 AM   #28
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427
I'll see if i can do anything with it, i made the 688i and November Class Subs work as selectable in campaign, for work on the CW mod...
ill see what i can do tomorrow...need to work late tonight
I made a sub playable from the Sen Toku and got it into a Japanese Campaign and I got Keltos ships in. So, I may have made a mistake in the Campaign or Flotilla but I think the problem is with the ship.
Thank you, I appreciate the help. I am probably looking right at the problem but I don't see it.

Peabody

Old 08-15-08, 10:25 AM   #29
UrPeaceKeeper
Helmsman

Downloads: 40

Take your time and check every single file (yeah it sucks I know) The good news is that I put it into the Battle of Midway so I've got two task forces that I can put under the sea while I wait God I love it when those 16 inchers finally hit home on some of these ships. It just turns them into a pile of nothingness. I also noted that you do take Hull damage from heavy guns of BB's (Which admitedly are more accurate than my own elite crew's are..............) but nothing inside breaks and she seems largely unsinkable. I took 34% hull damage and didnt even faulter in speed or sink down in the water even a little bit. Not complaining but it looks like a damage model is already on this thing, ish.

UrPeaceKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-08, 01:09 PM   #30
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Take your time and check every single file (yeah it sucks I know) The good news is that I put it into the Battle of Midway so I've got two task forces that I can put under the sea while I wait God I love it when those 16 inchers finally hit home on some of these ships. It just turns them into a pile of nothingness. I also noted that you do take Hull damage from heavy guns of BB's (Which admitedly are more accurate than my own elite crew's are..............) but nothing inside breaks and she seems largely unsinkable. I took 34% hull damage and didnt even faulter in speed or sink down in the water even a little bit. Not complaining but it looks like a damage model is already on this thing, ish.

Ya, there are people working with damage modelling. I don't know anything about it at this point other than the basics of what it does. But to model it I think you need to find the coords of the zones and then set them to a certain type depending where it is and link to them. It is not the time, it is last of knowledge. And I think even with it semi working it doesn't show other than hull damage and no damage control. (in other words it won't get fixed, if an engine is damaged I don't think it will get fixed)
And for your comment about checking every file, been there, done that, I am not seeing the problem. Now that I have stepped away for a while, I am going to try again, to see if this time I will see it. And Sledgehammer427 offered to look at it too. I know it's probably a minor thing but I just can't find it. I offered to help someone one time and spent hours, saying "It should work????" It turned out to be a missing [ (bracket) in the .upc file and I didn't see it for a long time.

If you want to sink, download the Fuso or Kongo and do the Kongo off Samar mission. The planes will get you!!!:rotfl:. And I have no idea why that sinks and the Iowa doesn't. I also don't know why the AI ships are so accurate and the playable ones are so bad. As for stuff breaking inside, it does, it just won't show. I have come to a dead stop in the water, and according to the damage, I had none. But it must have taken out my engines because it wouldn't move. Another thing I noticed on the Japanese ships, haven't noticed it on Iowa, but if for example a plane drops a bomb and it hits the ship, any AA guns that take damage....dissapear. I noticed it first on my Sen Toku sub in a Japanese Campaign. I got DCed and was told "Flak Guns destroyed" and when I surfaced, they were gone.

I am learning more and more as I go, but for now I have a lot I just don't know. So the ships are playable but each one is a bit different in how it takes damage.

Peabody