SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-11-15, 11:28 AM   #4426
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibus View Post
Bonjour RR,

This is already done for the French: messages, orders patrols, battles redesigned, new cloned units (Zuikaku, Yamashiro, Haruna, Aoba, Chokai, Myoko, Haguro, Kumano, Suzuya, Yahagi, Asagumo, Kagero, Ushio & C°), etc ...
Your project will take a long time and to get into this adventure is not a priority for me.

Postscript: As Aanker, I am interested in your TMO 2.7.
I don't really know what's in 2.7. I have probably the only copy on my computer and haven't released it. But now that Ducimus no longer takes any part in Subsim at all I suppose I should upload it.

I have not played 2.7 at all so I have no idea what the changes are from 2.5. I'd wager the fix is included. For those who are interested, I'll go ahead and upload it tonight unless, AND THIS IS FAIR WARNING TO ANY WHO WOULD OBJECT!!, unless somebody with a very good reason and good credibility comes up with a reason that I should not. I guarantee that v 2.7 is totally authentic, 100% Ducimus' work and would have been the next version of TMO.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-15, 06:59 PM   #4427
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Trigger Maru Overhauled v2.7 is released in its own thread, for better or worse. The ghost of Ducimus may rise up to smite me!
Old 12-13-15, 08:30 PM   #4428
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

The ghost did indeed smite me. Research by fitzcarraldo and aanker seems to show that the version number here must be in error. I also looked at the Balao submarine files and all modification dates are older than those in v2.5.

So something is very wrong here and this should not have the version 2.7 number on it. V 2.5 remains that latest version of TMO.
Old 01-30-16, 12:52 AM   #4429
BooBooLovesAll
Helmsman

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Decided to fire up SH4, and TMO (haven't played in... 3? 4? 5 years?)

This time around, I am sticking with just TMO, instead of RSRDC mod as well. Just to see how it is.

I got assigned to patrol the Marshall Islands... spent a good month just zig zagging back and forth with no luck. Is this... normal?
BooBooLovesAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 01:48 AM   #4430
james_nix
What's happenin' Cap'n'?

Downloads: 719
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooLovesAll View Post
Decided to fire up SH4, and TMO (haven't played in... 3? 4? 5 years?)

This time around, I am sticking with just TMO, instead of RSRDC mod as well. Just to see how it is.

I got assigned to patrol the Marshall Islands... spent a good month just zig zagging back and forth with no luck. Is this... normal?
I remember reading somewhere that the Marshall Islands were bugged and there was no traffic there, or something like that.

I'll give this thread a bump so maybe someone with a better memory will see it.
Old 01-30-16, 10:34 AM   #4431
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_nix View Post
I remember reading somewhere that the Marshall Islands were bugged and there was no traffic there, or something like that.

I'll give this thread a bump so maybe someone with a better memory will see it.
Whether using TMO 2.5 or TMO 2.5 + RSRDC I've never encountered much in the Marshalls besides an occasional small freighter. If you can get past the nets, several atolls have ships at anchor if you want, but getting to them can be painful, and you have to do it submerged due to shore emplacements. All in all, the Marshalls and Gilberts are low traffic areas (in my experience).

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 02:33 PM   #4432
BooBooLovesAll
Helmsman

Thanks for the replies.

Does the shipping lane map that came with the game still an accurate representation of the ship traffic in TMO?

EDIT: Just completed a second patrol west of the Mariana Islands and North of Guam.

Not one contact. Air or ship. Am I missing something? Did something get installed wrong?

These are the mods;

TMO 2.5
TMO ALT JS Radar Perf
TMO 25 Small Patch
Improved Stock Env. v 3 TMO & RFB
ISE New clouds + Waves
ISE Realistic Colors

Last edited by BooBooLovesAll; 01-30-16 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-30-16, 06:08 PM   #4433
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

Does the shipping lane map that came with the game still an accurate representation of the ship traffic in TMO?

EDIT: Just completed a second patrol west of the Mariana Islands and North of Guam.

Not one contact. Air or ship. Am I missing something? Did something get installed wrong?

These are the mods;

TMO 2.5
TMO ALT JS Radar Perf
TMO 25 Small Patch
Improved Stock Env. v 3 TMO & RFB
ISE New clouds + Waves
ISE Realistic Colors
Try with this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2735

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-16, 10:38 PM   #4434
BooBooLovesAll
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Try with this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2735

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Thanks.

Any clue why I ran into no aircraft? Found that odd.
Old 01-31-16, 04:13 PM   #4435
BooBooLovesAll
Helmsman

Not to sound like a broken record, but, even after using the shipping lane areas, I did two patrols without spotting one ship, and no aircraft.

The major odd piece was I was able to get a warship sound contact. I made a bearing towards the contact, and went full speed. After awhile, I lost sound contact, but was told that I had a visual on the target.

I continued to look through the binoculars, but didn't see one even though I was being told the target was closing.

After closing about 8000 feet, the target just "vanished". Maybe it was a sub, but, it was odd. Even after that, and 2000 + miles, I never had another contact again.
Old 01-31-16, 07:46 PM   #4436
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back

BooBooLovesAll!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-16, 09:59 PM   #4437
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Thanks.

Any clue why I ran into no aircraft? Found that odd.
TMO and RSRDC took most of the randomness out of the game, especially RSRDC. If you are using both (never leave port without both ), you won't see any random aircraft. When you get within a couple of hundred miles of an airbase, or a hundred miles of a major capitol ship, like a BB or Heavy Cruiser that carried 'spotter' aircraft, then you may very well see aircraft. In the open ocean, far away from any land based aircraft, it never made much sense to me to have planes strafe my boat and coming out of nowhere.

In the Marianas, I would be cautious running on the surface during daylight hours, especially around Saipan that did have a large airfield. I never see any since I'm always submerged during daylight in this area. I don't see many ships in this area either.

On Saipan's West Coast is the port of Garapan. If you get tired of 'lurking', you can always sink one or more of the docked ships found there. Very dangerous - its a long ways in, and a longer ways out (hard on your air supply), but sometimes worth the effort.

If you're wanting to see aircraft, just try running on the surface during daylight around Garapan. I can guarantee you'll see plenty.

If you don't, then somethings wrong. Uninstall the game, and Format C:\. Reload your system, install the game (and mods), and enjoy. (I hope you know I'm only kidding )

Good luck, and good hunting!
Roger Dodger

God bless Electric Boat!
Old 02-06-16, 04:44 PM   #4438
jyc23
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Default Author of Recognition Manual Mod?

I notice that TMO 2.5 has a nicely-modded recognition manual. I was trying to find just the recognition manual in a separate mod but I couldn't find one anywhere (really surprising!). So, I decided to extract just the recognition manual part of TMO 2.5 and was hoping to post it up as a standalone mod (for stock 1.5), but wanted to get the appropriate permissions. Who do I need to get permission from?

Thank you!
jyc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 01:25 AM   #4439
SilentPrey
Navy Dude

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyc23 View Post
I notice that TMO 2.5 has a nicely-modded recognition manual. I was trying to find just the recognition manual in a separate mod but I couldn't find one anywhere (really surprising!). So, I decided to extract just the recognition manual part of TMO 2.5 and was hoping to post it up as a standalone mod (for stock 1.5), but wanted to get the appropriate permissions. Who do I need to get permission from?

Thank you!
Welcome aboard, jyc23! I believe the permission you seek is in the TMO manual; page 56.

SilentPrey
SilentPrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 08:37 PM   #4440
jonmar
Bosun

Downloads: 86

Thought this was weird. I started a new career and did my first patrol. I had so much damage on return that it said my Porpoise class boat had to be scrapped and I would get a new one. But the boat I got was a Narwhal class boat.

The Narwhal is an older boat, no? How come the game didn't give me a Porpoise or a newer class boat? Does the game simulate the actual amount of boats in service at the time? I know there were only 10 Porpoise class boats made so if the other 9 are in use the game won't give me another one because there are none left?
jonmar is offline   Reply With Quote