SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-15, 05:50 PM   #3901
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Ok , now I understand .
The devs who worked on SH5 really tried to help out . Even though Ubisucks suck I wouldn't use that as a mod .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 05:57 PM   #3902
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Ok , now I understand .
The devs who worked on SH5 really tried to help out . Even though Ubisucks suck I wouldn't use that as a mod .
Just kidding, I was playing a bit with menu.txt...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-15, 06:05 PM   #3903
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 0900 25042015
added
sobers dead is dead V5 NewUIs_TDC_7_5_0 SH5
Mod by vdr1981
This mod will remove "go to/center patrol area" buttons from navigation map interface so that only way for player to find patrol area is to use grid tool (like seen on the picture). Also, small sinking ship icon in the upper left corner wont center your view on assigned patrol area.
Credited vdr1981 in the dead is dead readme notes .
Progress so far with this MEP list .
Left Memel for the Baltic and radioed in the enemy taskforce . Sunk some ships . Headed for Kiel and docked at Kiel . Left Kiel for the British eastern patrol via the Kiel canal . Reached British eastern patrol area and was straffed by a plane and took some damage including destroyed periscopes and badly damaged buoyancy tank . Headed for Kiel for repairs and entered Kiel . Left Kiel and headed for British eastern patrol area again via Skeggerat route . No ctds .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 04-24-15 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-25-15, 05:59 AM   #3904
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1300 27042015
added
FX_Update_22_ByTheDarkWraith(sobers funnel smoke) V2
Easier to spot smoke .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 04-26-15 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-29-15, 04:48 AM   #3905
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1905 29042015
added
sobers Blackout lights V3 SH5 (got rid of the green ugly lights) .
sobers better terrain v5 SH5 (unenable this if your FPS drops too much) .
Old 04-30-15, 03:22 PM   #3906
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Do not let the CO2 in your submarine get past 10% . You must surface before the CO2 warning sign appears and stops flashing .
Old 04-30-15, 05:02 PM   #3907
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Do not let the CO2 in your submarine get past 10% . You must surface before the CO2 warning sign appears and stops flashing .
G'day Sober, great to see you back in the thick of things!

I brought up the CO2 thing a while ago. It would appear that the analogue and the bar gauges indicate 10X higher than they should. It takes about 4 hours for the CO2 to build up to fatal levels according to the gauges.

IRL a Uboat could stay submerged for around 36 - 40 hours before toxic gas levels were a problem. I have tested this and what I found was both analogue and bar gauges read the same up until the analogue goes full scale at 10%.

When the analogue gauge reaches 10% CO2 warning icon comes on (after approx 4 hours). You can stay submerged for at least another 32 hours with the warning on before you are likely to get into trouble.

When the bar gauge (the UI one) reaches 100%, the crew will die. I have searched through the files trying to find where to alter the rate of change for the gauges but I think that it will require hex edit of the exe to adjust.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-15, 05:24 PM   #3908
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
G'day Sober, great to see you back in the thick of things!

I brought up the CO2 thing a while ago. It would appear that the analogue and the bar gauges indicate 10X higher than they should. It takes about 4 hours for the CO2 to build up to fatal levels according to the gauges.

IRL a Uboat could stay submerged for around 36 - 40 hours before toxic gas levels were a problem. I have tested this and what I found was both analogue and bar gauges read the same up until the analogue goes full scale at 10%.

When the analogue gauge reaches 10% CO2 warning icon comes on (after approx 4 hours). You can stay submerged for at least another 32 hours with the warning on before you are likely to get into trouble.

When the bar gauge (the UI one) reaches 100%, the crew will die. I have searched through the files trying to find where to alter the rate of change for the gauges but I think that it will require hex edit of the exe to adjust.
Fair enough . I have owned this game since it came out and have always surfaced before the CO2 warning stops flashing . I never had an issue with the game . Yesterday I stayed submerged after the CO2 stopped flashing probably for another half hour . I surfaced and the crew stayed below decks . I had to restart the game to get then to appear on deck . Never had this before when surfacing before CO2 stops flashing . A proper fix like you say would be awesome .
Old 05-03-15, 03:35 PM   #3909
masd
Watch

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

I dont see this is a bug, if you look closely you can see the % mark and there is no sign in the gauge that you should multiply by 10 the number you read (like a rev counter on a car). At this moment the gauge shows between 0-10% of CO2 and it's correct, we only see the flash alarm appears after the 10% mark.
masd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-15, 11:59 PM   #3910
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1400 04052015
Added a couple of things to make the game even harder than it already is .
If I were you i would become very familiar with hydrophone sounds .
Install the new mods and continue with the campaign .
Use the mod enabler and click on the new MEP file to learn what new mods you need .
Also added s new sound for the collision file , I hate that sound .

I have tried to break the game by saving while submerged and near ships and every other place . So far up to save number 65 . Not one ctd so far and that is from Memel to Kiel and then back to Kiel for repairs twice . Then back to British eastern and patrolling 2 different areas .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 05-04-15 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-04-15, 01:09 AM   #3911
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

sobers 1600 04052015

Updated a mod , the hydrophone man is not very helpful . Best learn the hydrophone sounds yourself .
Old 05-04-15, 04:07 AM   #3912
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
[B][U][COLOR=yellow]s

I have tried to break the game by saving while submerged and near ships and every other place . So far up to save number 65 . Not one ctd so far and that is from Memel to Kiel and then back to Kiel for repairs twice . Then back to British eastern and patrolling 2 different areas .
Just don't save the game near destroyed airplanes...

On a side note Sober, do you have any experience with sinking of neutral ships and negative rating points? I ask this because , despite common belif that game wont penalize you if you sink neutral ship, it seems that it really will by giving you negative rating points which are very hard to earn and you can say bye-bye to new sub offers without them...I discovered this just recently when I started to explore savegame files...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-15, 04:51 AM   #3913
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Just don't save the game near destroyed airplanes...

On a side note Sober, do you have any experience with sinking of neutral ships and negative rating points? I ask this because , despite common belif that game wont penalize you if you sink neutral ship, it seems that it really will by giving you negative rating points which are very hard to earn and you can say bye-bye to new sub offers without them...I discovered this just recently when I started to explore savegame files...
I have never actually sank a neutral ship because of this also . I cannot remember where the points are in the files but they are there . I will have a look for them . Thanks for the tip about the destroyed planes .
Silent hunter 5\data\Cfg\Basic afaik . New campaign start if altering anything here afaik .
[RENOWN]
RenownReachGridObjCompleted=500
RenownPatrolGridObjCompleted=200
CompletedPatrol=100
NEUTRAL=-1
ALLIED=1
AXIS=-10
WrongShipSunk=-5000
FirstRankRenown=1000
SecondRankRenown=3500
EndCampaign=-5000

Should be more like
[RENOWN]
RenownReachGridObjCompleted=500
RenownPatrolGridObjCompleted=200
CompletedPatrol=100
NEUTRAL=-2500
ALLIED=1
AXIS=-5000

WrongShipSunk=-5000 no idea what WrongShipSunk refers to .
FirstRankRenown=1000
SecondRankRenown=3500
EndCampaign=-5000

Last edited by THE_MASK; 05-04-15 at 05:07 AM.
Old 05-09-15, 05:51 PM   #3914
FA_Pappy
Lose Site, Lose the Fight

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Hello All... Tryin to download the sober mod, but having trouble... says that Im not allowed to do this. I have donated 5 bucks and now Im posting, hoping this will allow me to download sobers Mega mod... hope this works.

FA_Pappy
FA_Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-15, 06:32 PM   #3915
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FA_Pappy View Post
Hello All... Tryin to download the sober mod, but having trouble... says that Im not allowed to do this. I have donated 5 bucks and now Im posting, hoping this will allow me to download sobers Mega mod... hope this works.

FA_Pappy
Hello FA_Pappy, someone who knows about the subscriptions should answer you soon .