SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-18, 11:10 PM   #2161
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnee View Post
What pictures do you need? My modding skills suck but my research skills are good....what pictures or types of pic would be useful for which fleet?
Thanks!

The following would be helpful:

-German Battleships & Battlecruiser photos, especially the superstructures

-German destroyer photos

-All submarine classes, but especially U-87 class, U-93 class, & U-139 class

I have accumulated a big collection of WWI U-Boat pictures but there's always a chance people have something I don't!
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-18, 11:09 PM   #2162
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

FYI, people, there have been several major updates posted in our Facebook group, so click on my signature if you have not done so recently. On Christmas day I posted several images of German battlecruisers. Here is a list of ships that you can find screenshots of:

-SMS Lutzow & Derfflinger Battlecruiser
-SMS Von Der Tann Battlecruiser

-HMS Minotaur Class Armored Cruiser
-HMS Cressy Class Armored Cruiser
-HMS Monmouth Class Armored Cruiser
-HMS Weymouth Class Light Cruiser
-HMS Chatham Class Light Cruiser
-HMS Bristol Class Light Cruiser
-HMS Pathfinder Light Cruiser
-HMS Botha Class Flotilla Leader Destroyer
-HMS Mary Rose "M" Class Destroyer
-HMS Acasta Class Destroyer
-HMS Acheron Destroyer
-30 Knotter Class Destroyer

-Light Collier (Engines Amidships)
-Light Collier (Engines Aft)

-Steam Launch
-Medium Lifeboat
-Small Lifeboat
-Survivor

If there is a ship you like that's not on the list do not worry; the roster is not frozen. The roster will be rounded out so there is a good balance of battleships, destroyers, and light cruisers for Germany and Britain. Plus, other modders have generously provided several WWI French units for me to use.
Old 12-26-18, 05:04 AM   #2163
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

There is no signature any more in your profile IABL
Old 01-18-19, 08:51 PM   #2164
ollybgm
Watch

Downloads: 93
Default How long have you been waiting?

Question for the Thread: How long have you been waiting for this mod? There is a saying "Patience is a virtue" and I have good patience .I know you are working alone,have a life,plus it's time consuming putting a MOD together(I would not have a cue how too)09-13-2009, 03:05 PM was the 1st post and I have followed this MOD for 7 years and 2 PC upgrades later I still hope when I log in to see this MOD up and running.It's like am 5 years old and it's the middle of the night on christmas eve can't sleep I know my christmas presents
are downstairs but am told not to go downstairs unless it daylight.But i'm hoping I fall asleep or it is daylight soon.

(Fingers crossed this is the year)
ollybgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 02:54 PM   #2165
Sulvak
Swabbie

Downloads: 118

So is there an update on this mod? Does it still exist? I remember it being announced sometime in 2009.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to complain or anything. I'm simply curious about how this turned out. Of course I'll be disappointed if it was not finished but I get it. Probably the most anticipated mod I've ever read bc it's a setting that deserves attention!

If it's ongoing then best of luck to the current team.
Sulvak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-19, 05:40 PM   #2166
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulvak View Post
So is there an update on this mod? Does it still exist? I remember it being announced sometime in 2009.

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to complain or anything. I'm simply curious about how this turned out. Of course I'll be disappointed if it was not finished but I get it. Probably the most anticipated mod I've ever read bc it's a setting that deserves attention!

If it's ongoing then best of luck to the current team.
Why don't you read about 3 posts down from yours.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-19, 08:53 PM   #2167
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

It's not a big deal; I get asked a lot when it will be finished.

I have been discussing the timeframe for release with the mod's financial backer; at present I do not want to promise a release date and disappoint people. However, I can say that good progress is being made. Keep checking the Facebook page (unfortunately I have had some problems posting screenshots on subsim).

I really regret that the mod has taken a long time, but keep in mind it was postponed for one year when I was taking my state's bar exam. Also, when I was in school, it was postponed for months at a time whenever I had a major project. Those delays, plus real life, happened! Since announcing the mod I fell in and out of love, dealt with sick family members, moved thousands of miles, etc etc.

At present, I have a job with a much better salary and work/life balance, which means as I get seniority I will accumulate more & more vacation - which of course will be used for the mod! I sincerely appreciate all the contributions and kind words from everyone here and on our FB page. Now that I'm home from work, it's time to dive right into wings3d and s3ditor! As usual!
Old 02-05-19, 08:08 PM   #2168
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Thanks for the update. I avoid Facebook but I understand the photo issue.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 10:35 AM   #2169
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

To New or returning Visitors to the Thread who may not have been keeping current.

This Remarkable project is flourishing in just the right way. It is essential for such high quality work to be done right and done well. And it is. It is not a mater of when it is a mater of how. The how is the work of a single brave man mostly ..and he has a life and family and reasonable demands on his time and efforts other than this project. It is the way of such work, and how it happens. So be of good cheer and look forward to the release when it comes. It takes what it takes and it takes as long as it takes.

This is a unique effort for other than a few rather outdated now decent WWI naval sims (WWI or earlier) by StormEagle there are ZERO naval sims that focus on WWI in depth and quality. This project is the real deal. So enjoy the wait alnog with the rest of us who believe and are sending every prayer and hope to the maker.

Cheers Shipmates

Admiral Von Gerlach

Last edited by Admiral Von Gerlach; 02-19-19 at 10:45 AM.
Admiral Von Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-19, 01:26 PM   #2170
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

Could Wows ship files be used? Several WWI ships in there.
Old 02-22-19, 01:24 PM   #2171
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358

Proprietary Models from pay ware are not useable for player made mods.
Old 02-22-19, 10:37 PM   #2172
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach View Post
Proprietary Models from pay ware are not useable for player made mods.
Quite right! And I am also not interested in using their work; for me, modeling the ships myself is a large part of the fun. Although I do admire the skill of the World of Warships team; in fact, I use their ships for reference purposes when I work in wings3d. However, I will not be using WoW components in the mod.

Certain subsimmers have offered their own WWI models; these will be (gratefully) used. With attribution.

Admiral, I will be corresponding probably the day after tomorrow - stay tuned! Unfortunately, I am working a six day week, but it will be worth the wait.
Old 06-15-19, 11:40 AM   #2173
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Quite right! And I am also not interested in using their work; for me, modeling the ships myself is a large part of the fun. Although I do admire the skill of the World of Warships team; in fact, I use their ships for reference purposes when I work in wings3d. However, I will not be using WoW components in the mod.

Certain subsimmers have offered their own WWI models; these will be (gratefully) used. With attribution.

Admiral, I will be corresponding probably the day after tomorrow - stay tuned! Unfortunately, I am working a six day week, but it will be worth the wait.
No doubt about it, Wolves of the Kaiser is the greatest project ever in Silent Hunter 4, or any of the Silent Hunter series, for that matter. This is of the significance of FOTRSU, RFB, TMO and the Grey Wolves combined. Go IABL, GO!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 01:03 AM   #2174
Revan227
Nub

Downloads: 73

It's been close to six months since the last update/status post, so I hope it is safe to assume that no news is good news in this case?

I have been watching this mod for quite a while now, and I hope it comes to fruition, I want iambecomelife to take as much time as he needs to make the mod as good and polished as possible. I very much understand how real life can get in the way of these projects and I only hope he hasn't become burnt-out or forgotten about this massive project.

Not to sound impatient or anything, but it is approaching the 10 year mark since the post-date of the original thread post (has it really been that long?), so perhaps we'll see something special on that date when it comes?
Revan227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-19, 07:54 PM   #2175
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan227 View Post
It's been close to six months since the last update/status post, so I hope it is safe to assume that no news is good news in this case?

I have been watching this mod for quite a while now, and I hope it comes to fruition, I want iambecomelife to take as much time as he needs to make the mod as good and polished as possible. I very much understand how real life can get in the way of these projects and I only hope he hasn't become burnt-out or forgotten about this massive project.

Not to sound impatient or anything, but it is approaching the 10 year mark since the post-date of the original thread post (has it really been that long?), so perhaps we'll see something special on that date when it comes?

YES! I assure you no news is good news - I am in too deep with this project to back out. lol. I am continuing the policy of fewer, rarer updates so that more time is spent on actually producing the mod, and not advertising. As mentioned earlier, my "Lusitania" video took a tremendous amount of time to make; thus, I am not making any more videos etc until the release is close. Thank you to everyone who has helped & remained enthusiastic.