Old 07-11-18, 07:16 AM   #1
cyllan
Swabbie

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
Icon7 kickstarter campaign

hello

this is an idea..

what would it cost to buy the rights from ubisoft for the silent hunter 5 only?

my idea would be to get the source code for SH5.......apply all the mods improve visuals and bug fixes....make a campaign longer and with possibility of victory if u good enough up to 1945...

the mods are there ...the base game is there.... ubisoft doesnt care about silent hunter...= cheaper

the problem with the game is i cant play it..... interface is horrible bugs are horrible....many people had this problem

an upgrade to SH4 UI.......improve graphics / campaign........pay the modders......make a new SH game

a kick starter campaign....for $1million or less ubisoft would sell the rights....

half a million extra to pay for development.....

improved graphics and effects......incorporate the mods as part of the standard game

lots of people love SH games...but the mods are awful to install....etc.....
if people got a full package with a neat but difficult ending it would be a total victory......

the idea is buy the game.....fix all bugs and AI.....improve graphics a bit...make it easier to pick up .....etc...pay the modders......

right now only a few technical minded people can play the existing SH5 to his nearly full potential.....

i am talking about using SH5 base game and take it to the next generation...

i would pitch for a kickstarter.....either buy the code or license the code....

i played SH4 with mods no problem......SH5 i tried twice.......i couldnt even move around ship and shoot......mods didnt work for me either.......

we are millions of people who love sub games and we are not pc clued enough.....

kind regards......the person who licenses the SH5 code and finishes the game will make a lot of money......

as far as i know no sub sim simulator has the graphics of the SH5........they all look like a 15 year old game.....

wolfpack isnt a single player campaign......you need 4 people always online......per sub.......this is difficult as gameplay......i wish it the best though

Last edited by cyllan; 07-11-18 at 07:24 AM.
cyllan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-18, 12:01 AM   #2
Shibbyland
Seaman

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Sounds like a great idea, it may not even be required to buy the rights from Ubisoft. Instead, approach them to incorporate the mods into the game as a re-release and take a portion of any re-release sales to support Subsim.

I believe this is what was done with CloD last year when modders did a significant amount of work getting the game to function properly. I think it turned out to be quite successful on re-release.
Shibbyland is offline   Reply With Quote