SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-07-18, 04:50 PM   #5686
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith View Post
This is several weeks late, but I really like the "wrong" Hatsuharu class in FOTRS. It's the only time I have seen this version modeled in a video game, and it has grown on me...
The deed is done. But, we could probably have a little add-in mini-mod later with it and some other vessels...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 02:20 AM   #5687
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333
Uploads: 0

I'm starting to play SH4 with Fotrsu
A question ,just my curiosity :
according to your opinion
Is the "easy aob" mod useful or not?and if not useful.. Why not?... So much easy , not historical, or another reason

Thanks
Old 01-14-18, 09:21 AM   #5688
propbeanie

I'm not sure if it is compatible with the FotRSU mod or not. Which one are you looking at? Can you post a link, and we'll take a gander at its files. What we want eventually is for a person to use whatever they want in the game, so long as it's been deemed compatible. Of course, while in beta, we prefer a person not use any add-ins, though there are several that we know are fine at this point in time...

Old 01-14-18, 10:29 AM   #5689
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I'm not sure if it is compatible with the FotRSU mod or not. Which one are you looking at? Can you post a link, and we'll take a gander at its files. What we want eventually is for a person to use whatever they want in the game, so long as it's been deemed compatible. Of course, while in beta, we prefer a person not use any add-ins, though there are several that we know are fine at this point in time...
Thank you so much propbeanie
This is link:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1962

Last edited by hauangua; 01-14-18 at 11:11 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 11:53 PM   #5690
propbeanie

Well, I've tried to "fake" the installer out with a dummy folder, since I don't have a spare game install on this computer to mess with, and I keep getting a "file missing" message, so I'm sure it's looking for something besides the SH4.exe file. Anyway, tomorrow, I'll try it on the other computer in the stock install. I'm going to say though, going by the way the author describes it, and the unconventional method of activation, that it would almost definitely not be compatible with FotRSU. I'll see if I can manage to do a merged version of it off of his TMO version, which is closest to FotRSU. There appears to be a lot though that they are changing in the mod...

Old 01-15-18, 12:51 AM   #5691
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Well, I've tried to "fake" the installer out with a dummy folder, since I don't have a spare game install on this computer to mess with, and I keep getting a "file missing" message, so I'm sure it's looking for something besides the SH4.exe file. Anyway, tomorrow, I'll try it on the other computer in the stock install. I'm going to say though, going by the way the author describes it, and the unconventional method of activation, that it would almost definitely not be compatible with FotRSU. I'll see if I can manage to do a merged version of it off of his TMO version, which is closest to FotRSU. There appears to be a lot though that they are changing in the mod...
Thank you so much propbeanie
really very kind to help me
Old 01-15-18, 06:33 PM   #5692
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783

Awfully quiet on this front lately. What's going on fellas?
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-18, 09:13 PM   #5693
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Quote:
It does not change any files on your install. It creates a new Dials.cfg that you must manually move.

I'd say run the so called installer and make the new dials.cfg JSGME ready and give it a whirl.
Old 01-15-18, 10:24 PM   #5694
propbeanie

Thank you Jeff-Groves. I hadn't gotten a chance to try on the other computer today yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Awfully quiet on this front lately. What's going on fellas?
Part 1.: We seem to have stepped into another pile of "Stock" issues with updates on top... - CapnScurvy and s7rikeback are sorting out issues with guns ~AND~ duplicate IDs in their multitude of DAT files... not cool to find that housekeeping hasn't been done in a few years...

Part 2.: v0.63 runs really well... but wait'll you see the next round!

Old 01-16-18, 04:42 AM   #5695
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
It does not change any files on your install. It creates a new Dials.cfg that you must manually move.

I'd say run the so called installer and make the new dials.cfg JSGME ready and give it a whirl.
Quote:
Thank you Jeff-Groves. I hadn't gotten a chance to try on the other computer today yet
Thanks guys, I also preferred to create a Mod folder to use with jsgme, so I can turn it off whenever I want

Just This Mod I have add
Fotrsu is very good! even if still in Beta

Old 01-18-18, 01:56 PM   #5696
propbeanie

Have you had a chance to check that out yet, hauangua? If you haven't looked yet, check your PM Inbox for a message from me. I'm wondering though, if that isn't for the German Uboats only? I do not notice a difference with my 90 approach with it in a US Fleet Boat, but I am half-blind, and can't see very well either...

Old 01-18-18, 05:37 PM   #5697
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Have you had a chance to check that out yet, hauangua? If you haven't looked yet, check your PM Inbox for a message from me. I'm wondering though, if that isn't for the German Uboats only? I do not notice a difference with my 90 approach with it in a US Fleet Boat, but I am half-blind, and can't see very well either...
As for the “Easy AoB” it works without any perceived problem. I’ve been using it since .62 beta. Can’t get used to not having it!
Old 01-18-18, 06:06 PM   #5698
propbeanie

Thanks for that jldjs. I made a JSGME compatible version for FotRSU, but I do not notice a difference when doing my "targeting" via the RR / WernerSobe Fast 90 methodology (ooohhh, fancy word). Of course, with that, I don't pay much attention to AOB... So anyone who uses it, could you let us know? All seems OK? thanks.

Old 01-18-18, 06:36 PM   #5699
jldjs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Thanks for that jldjs. I made a JSGME compatible version for FotRSU, but I do not notice a difference when doing my "targeting" via the RR / WernerSobe Fast 90 methodology (ooohhh, fancy word). Of course, with that, I don't pay much attention to AOB... So anyone who uses it, could you let us know? All seems OK? thanks.
If you’re not doing manual targeting you may not. This mod has been around for years, it’s great for manual targeting, which is all I use. If u know targets track you can use easy aob to “transfer” it to get aob by spinning the aob dial until it matches the target track, walla!
Old 01-18-18, 06:55 PM   #5700
YellowFin
Engineer

Downloads: 56

I have started up sh4 with fotrsu 0.63 and started a career on an S-boat on 12/7/41. When I surfaced for the first time the crew didn't man the conning tower eventhough I have enough men.
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote