Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-24-09, 08:18 AM   #16
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

If you are fishing for getting an apology from me for having made a humorous remark to somebody who gave his opinion of SBP, you will wait in vain, Stabiz. Nor needs Andym need to regret that he did post that opinion.

And if you don't get the kind of threads running that you want to see here, that is your decision. there have been threads on Tvt and SF, btw, and except the controversy around my review they stayed clean. Post yourself what you want to see posted. Or don't - YOUR choice.

Again: the forum is what you guys make of it. If you don't like the colour, get a brush and some paint, and start painting it. But do not complain about others.
Old 01-24-09, 08:39 AM   #17
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabiz
Thats not the point. The point is that a thread about *insert game* will within a few hours/days be about SBP, no matter what the original poster asks about.
Is that so? I suggest you go through a few of the last pages in this forum and then tell us how many of these threads are highjacked into SBP threads. Might turn out to be very very few...
It looks like you are still a bit grumpy since the review debate. Time to move on, I think.
This Steel Fury movie you made was great btw. Link

cheers Porphy

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.

Last edited by porphy; 01-24-09 at 10:17 AM.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 09:38 AM   #18
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
And JScones, you really must spend some time working on your sense of humour.
So I need to work on my sense of humour because I don't find your repetitive dribble amusing? Now that's funny. :rotfl:

See, I have no problems laughing at you.

Say, talking about your review, whatever happened to it? It kinda just sank without a trace, never to be seen again. Why isn't the final review on the tanksim.com webpage like you said it would be? :hmm:

Enjoy your forum.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-09, 09:52 AM   #19
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
And JScones, you really must spend some time working on your sense of humour.
So I need to work on my sense of humour because I don't find your repetitive dribble amusing? Now that's funny. :rotfl:

See, I have no problems laughing at you.

Say, talking about your review, whatever happened to it? It kinda just sank without a trace, never to be seen again. Why isn't the final review on the tanksim.com webpage like you said it would be? :hmm:

Enjoy your forum.

Part of your comments are not acceptable, and if you want to fight with the moderator, you do it via PM and not in public. You have accepted that obligation the day you filed your forum membership and had to accept according conditions. Must they be quoted again specially for a VIP like you, or do you understand that all by yourself?

If you can't post without a clear display of personally hostile attitude towards somebody - me or anybody else - than do not post at all. This is not the GT forum, insulting stuff like happening there will not be tolerated here.

Concernign the review, you and some others have pissed me so much that I stopped caring for it and not being interested in it, so I even did not ask Neal about it. I'm done with it. Ask Neal, in case you did not wanted to provoke me, but honestly wanted to know - what I doubt.

Complaining about lacking thread diversity and lacking activity, and then derailing a thread like this - does not speak in favour of those who complain.
Old 01-24-09, 12:02 PM   #20
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Hey guys, there's no denying Sky is a strong advocate of SBP, and he plugs it frequently, in a good-natured way, but I would suggest you refrain from beating him up over it. Tanksim needs people who are totally into tank sims to keep this forum functioning, and Sky happens to be a SBP disciple. Instead of seeing this as bad, what I personally think would be great is if we had a few other guys who are as psyched about other tanksims. If someone is derailing a thread, report it with a bad post report: Try not to lose patience, just state the issue. If someone is detracting from a discussion, we'll work with them to see if we can keep things rolling.

So, anyone wanna volunteer as the T-34 vs. Tiger and Steel Fury experts?

tanks!
Neal
Old 01-24-09, 01:49 PM   #21
andym
Weps

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stabiz
SBP again ... and again. Tanksim.com should have a SBP free corner or something, because its starting to feel like the Spanish Inquisition.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooobody expects The Spanish Inquisition!Our Main weapons are......................
Old 01-24-09, 02:53 PM   #22
Skybird
Soaring

I have put the map with JScones' file (including your impertinent provokation via bad-post-report) onto the bosses desk. For the time being, this thread is closed.
Old 01-25-09, 06:29 PM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

Boss came to a decision and informed all concerned people, so no need to keep this locked anymore.

Please everybody finally let the past come to rest and act with self-restraint regarding personal hostility. It never ends well.

Let's try to give mrfritz44 a second - and tis time hopefully more successful - "welcome back home".
Old 02-15-09, 04:42 AM   #24
tigershuffle
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Well Im still playing SteelFury (waiting on Africa mod)
................but now ive gone and got my self hooked on a mediaeval tanksim.......

Mount & Blade..(as with SteelFury once its modded its alot better...)
its all that armour and charging around with a big pointy stick on a heavywarhorse. 12thCentury Blitzkrieg
tigershuffle is offline   Reply With Quote