SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-10, 10:00 PM   #541
BillBam
Watch Officer

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

I have read the RFB manual and the 2.0 readme and see nothing about having to restock the boat manually with more torps will doing a refit. I do not even see any way that is possible. When you get to your refit port the box comes up and gives the option to Refull/Rearm, once you click that it says refit inititated stay in port at least four hours. I do this an nothing happens.

I understand you need to manually fill the emply TUBES but I see no way to bring more torps onto the boat.
BillBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 04:48 AM   #542
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

In RFB you need to manually restock your fired torpedoes after each patrol. The crew doesn't do it for you.
Old 04-05-10, 06:41 AM   #543
BillBam
Watch Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH0R View Post
In RFB you need to manually restock your fired torpedoes after each patrol. The crew doesn't do it for you.
OK..so what is the procedure for doing this, after I hit the "refuel/reload" button when I get to my refit station what is next? Where do I find the torpedos to reload?
Old 04-05-10, 06:54 AM   #544
TH0R
XO

Downloads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBam View Post
OK..so what is the procedure for doing this, after I hit the "refuel/reload" button when I get to my refit station what is next? Where do I find the torpedos to reload?
Once you hit home port click on the submarine model on your desk. From there go to the torpedoes screen and drag the torpedoes onto the empty slots on your sub. Once you have done that when you rearm at any allied base you will be fully rearmed with torpedoes and fuel. I reckon if you haven't rearmed in your home port - the game will rearm you the number of torpedoes you had at the start of the patrol.
Old 04-05-10, 07:09 AM   #545
BillBam
Watch Officer

OK thanks...I will head to home port then and give it a try.
Old 04-05-10, 09:02 AM   #546
BillBam
Watch Officer

OK loaded up and ready to go! Thanks for your help.
Old 04-05-10, 10:25 AM   #547
BillBam
Watch Officer

Default Sinking Ships

Once I hit a ship with torpedos and cause damage and then leave the area will the game continue to flood the ship and allow it to sink if enough damage was done or is it necessary to stay in the area until the sinking is complete?

I ask because I hit a Large Modern Tanker with my last two torps in the back end and it came to a stop. I waited around for the DD to leave so I could surface and finish it with my deck gun, however after 5 hours the DD was still there when the tanker finally went under. So, if I had left the area and continued my patrol would this ship still have sunk?
Old 04-05-10, 12:08 PM   #548
MoN
Seaman

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBam View Post
Once I hit a ship with torpedos and cause damage and then leave the area will the game continue to flood the ship and allow it to sink if enough damage was done or is it necessary to stay in the area until the sinking is complete?

I ask because I hit a Large Modern Tanker with my last two torps in the back end and it came to a stop. I waited around for the DD to leave so I could surface and finish it with my deck gun, however after 5 hours the DD was still there when the tanker finally went under. So, if I had left the area and continued my patrol would this ship still have sunk?
If you are too far away the sinking will not be registered.
MoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 12:16 PM   #549
BillBam
Watch Officer

Thanks for the info...is there a rule of thumb on the distance for tha t to happen?
Old 04-05-10, 12:46 PM   #550
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

40km.

Ships spawn at 35, are drawn at 20, and despawn at 40.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 12:55 PM   #551
BillBam
Watch Officer

Thanks tater!
Old 04-05-10, 03:32 PM   #552
ShadowWolf Kell
Medic

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH0R View Post

OM is like this too.

Gatos are a nightmare to restock compared to a VIIB.

I really like the external storage options on the Sargo. Made me feel more at home once I installed and started running RFB.
ShadowWolf Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 08:15 PM   #553
theluckyone17
Captain

Downloads: 103

I recently installed both the March 6th patch and Hitman's Sub Watch Sensors + Scene edit. Since then, aircraft attacks have been lethal... my late '41 to early '42 patrols have been miserable due to aircraft. The amount of aircraft isn't the problem... it's just that they're downright lethal.

I'll crash dive as soon as my watch crew spots them at long distance. I get around 100-150 feet deep usually, when the attack commences... and the aircraft have my sub bracketed. Bulkheads fail, compartments get destroyed, and my poor sub goes to the bottom.

Never had a problem with aircraft to this degree 'til now... maybe it's just karma for having bought SH5...

Active Mods:
RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_06Mar10
RSRDC_RFB_V575
Webster's Ship Manuvering Fix for v1.4 and v1.5
Sub Watch Sensors + Scene 1.0
theluckyone17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-10, 11:06 PM   #554
dacoobob
Swabbie

Downloads: 15
Default Conning tower upgrade

RFB 1.52 manual shows the Gato class "Mid-war" conning tower becomes available in Oct '42. I just got back from my 5th patrol on Nov 2, 1942 but have no option to change my conning tower style. My boat is definitely Gato class as it is the USS Gato itself, and I have 7500+ renown. Did the dates of availability change from 1.52 to 2.0, or am I not doing something correctly? Not enough renown? I've never changed conning towers before, so I'm not sure what to look for.
dacoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-10, 01:06 AM   #555
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
RFB 1.52 manual shows the Gato class "Mid-war" conning tower becomes available in Oct '42. I just got back from my 5th patrol on Nov 2, 1942 but have no option to change my conning tower style. My boat is definitely Gato class as it is the USS Gato itself, and I have 7500+ renown. Did the dates of availability change from 1.52 to 2.0, or am I not doing something correctly? Not enough renown? I've never changed conning towers before, so I'm not sure what to look for.
The game will automatically upgrade your fairwater for you. Unfortunately, you can't choose to upgrade it yourself (unlike SH5).

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote