SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-10, 04:08 PM   #16
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
Will do. But why not just use your Editor and set the day to 7? It will be the exact same as the one I upload to Filefront. Anyway, uploading.
The reason I want you to do it is so I can see if you set something incorrect or if there is another reason it isn't working. If I do it, I will not know what you did. I may not make the same change you do, so it won't help me figure out the problem.
And as of right now I do not have FOTRS downloaded, it take hours, so I can't load it into the mission editor. I am looking at it in notepad.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 04:27 PM   #17
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodlew View Post
Will do. But why not just use your Editor and set the day to 7? It will be the exact same as the one I upload to Filefront. Anyway, uploading.

Afraid it might be a moot point. I just changed the file in preparation to upload it, and ran the simulator with the day set to 7 and the planes spawned no problem. Now I don't know what to think. There are a lot of things I could have got wrong and fixed in the process of refining the mission. I am relatively new to mission building, and at the time I started making the mission, I was experimenting with the RGG for the first time. Still, I swear that the planes wouldn't spawn, then I changed the day and it started working. Anyway, I'm afraid we are not going to be able to reproduce the "non-spawning". 'Cause now they do.

Wait a minute, I still have an old version of the mission that might not work. Let me see about that one.
Good glad they are working. Here is what I think may have been the problem.
I opened the mission in notepad and took the coordinates for the location of the Yamato and the RGG planes and opened the Mission editor and used those coordinates to position the ship and two groups of planes.
Ok, now in the file the Yamato is set to start on 4/1 but if you had the planes set to 4/7 and the mission started on 4/1, the Planes would arrive 6 days later at the point where the Yamato WAS, not where it IS on 4/7. So the planes may have been spawning but they were flying to the location where the Yamato WAS not were it is on 4/7.
In other words the Yamato was moving for 6 days (4/1 thru 4/7) before the planes spawned, so you never saw them because they were not in the same location as the Yamato.
Just a guess about what happened. I think while working on the mission you may have changed something, so now the Yamato and the planes all start moving at the same time....4/7

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 11:43 PM   #18
nodlew
Engineer

Downloads: 572
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Ok, now in the file the Yamato is set to start on 4/1 but if you had the planes set to 4/7 and the mission started on 4/1, the Planes would arrive 6 days later at the point where the Yamato WAS, not where it IS on 4/7. So the planes may have been spawning but they were flying to the location where the Yamato WAS not were it is on 4/7.
I really don't think so Peabody. I didn't change the Yamato & Co.'s Entry date to 1 until I had changed the Date in the Mission Paramaters and then changed the planes to 1. At the time when the planes were not spawning--on this I am certain--the date was 4\7\45 in Mission Paramaters, and also for the Planes. I'm not sure what the Entry date for the Yamato was, but it was working in the Simulator @ 4\7\45. The only thing not working, was the random planes. They started working when I changed the mission date. Seeing that they started working, I began to edit the Entry dates of other mission units to the same thing--4\1\45. I'm pretty sure the problem was a glitch caused by Aero which buggified the editor.
nodlew is offline   Reply With Quote