Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 06-23-10, 12:30 PM   #16
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

I might be a bit late today. Depending on how the match Germany vs. Ghana goes.
Old 06-23-10, 12:41 PM   #17
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder View Post
I might be a bit late today. Depending on how the match Germany vs. Ghana goes.
Deserting over a mere sports match?

Traitor!
Old 06-23-10, 02:24 PM   #18
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Your team doesn't even know the art of taking part at a football world championship.
Old 06-23-10, 02:28 PM   #19
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Ha, we'll deal with those incompetent traitors later...
Old 06-23-10, 02:48 PM   #20
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Don't worry...I'll fix it!

Ah **** it's the Boers...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 03:02 PM   #21
Raptor1
Navy Seal

By god, the Boers have overran our bloody TeamSpeak channels!
Old 06-23-10, 03:12 PM   #22
Oberon
Lucky Jack

I wondered what that noise was...

Old 06-23-10, 03:17 PM   #23
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Oah nos, what to do!
Old 06-23-10, 03:19 PM   #24
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Mine's up

HunterICX
Old 06-23-10, 05:26 PM   #25
Oberon
Lucky Jack

11th July 1940

Luftwaffe target: Portland

Between 0600 and 0900 hours a number of raids by single aircraft were carried out between Yarmouth and Flamborough Head and inland. Bombs were dropped at several places including the Royal Engineer Headquarters at Melbourne in Derbyshire, and at Bridlington where a truck containing ammunition was blown up. Although weather conditions were not good, a Do17 was intercepted by fighters and shot down off Cromer by No. 242 Squadron. One of our Hurricanes was shot down during the combat but the pilot is reported safe. In the South, attacks on shipping were reported off the Isle of Wight and at 0741 hours a raid of six aircraft appeared in the Cherbourg area. Three sections of fighters were ordered to patrol Poole and on the approach of the enemy were reinforced by a further squadron. A fight ensued and 604 Squadron shot down a Ju87 confirmed and possibly a Ju87 unconfirmed.
Between 0900-1100 hours, there was little enemy activity, probably due to bad weather. Of four raids, however, one, a Do17, was intercepted by No 601 Squadron and shot down off Selsey Bill. Another raid bombed Swansea and carried out a shipping reconnaissance of Milford Haven.

After 1100 hours considerable activity started with an attack on Portland and a convoy off the coast, some fifty enemy aircraft taking part. These aircraft were plotted from Cap Hague and Jersey. Five of our squadrons intercepted and succeeded in shooting down 8 Me110s for certain and 8 Me110s and 1 Ju87 probable. In addition, one Hurricane which attacked one of our sections and which bore red and blue checked markings on the wings was shot down.
The AA at Portland shot down three enemy aircraft, one He111, 1 Ju88 confirmed and one unidentified enemy aircraft unconfirmed. As a result of this engagement, a Me110 landed near Weymouth practically undamaged and the occupants arrested before they could destroy the aircraft.
In the afternoon several attacks on convoys off Suffolk were reported. Continuous fighter patrols were maintained over these convoys and no reports of damage have been received. One enemy aircraft carried out a reconnaissance over Aldershot, Upper Heyford and out over Norfolk.

At 1744 hours, a raid of some fifty aircraft attacked Portsmouth. Guided by accurate AA fire, two of our squadrons intercepted the enemy and in the ensuing combat, No 601 Squadron shot down 4 He111s and 1 Me110 for certain and 4 He111s probable. No 145 Squadron shot down 1 Me110 and 3 He111s for certain and lost one hurricane (pilot safe).
Bombs fell on Portsmouth setting fire to the gas works and causing some casualties. Pilots report that during this engagement, enemy bombers threw out various objects which appeared to be metal turnings, plates and wire, in great quantity.
One raid was plotted North of Glasgow at 1913 hours and was tracked east over the Firth of Forth and out to sea. This is considered significant in view of a raid which was plotted at about 2330 hours on the night of 10/11th July going westwards with no trace of its return.

CASUALTIES:
  • Enemy: Fighters - 10 confirmed, 2 unconfirmed; Bombers - 13 confirmed, 12 unconfirmed; Type unspecified - 1
    • Of the above totals, AA at Portland claims 2 confirmed and 1 unconfirmed.
  • Ours: 3 Hurricanes (1 pilot safe), 2 Spitfires.
Old 06-23-10, 05:57 PM   #26
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Blue Leader - 601 Squadron - RAF Tangmere

Scrambled from Tangmere in response to E/A contact near Portland. Heavy cloud marred visibility. Blue Two and Three engaged Stukas and were shot down. Was unable to locate contacts and RTB'd. Red Leader and Red Two engaged 109s, Red Two went to France again.

Blue leader and Red Two at RAF Tangmere

Returned and landed at Tangmere safely. Was joined by Red Two shortly afterwards. Red Leader put down somewhere in Southern England.

Pilots Notes:
Clouds, Clouds and more clouds. Must assign key for supercharger.
A new joystick would be nice too...
Old 06-23-10, 06:09 PM   #27
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Looks like we're heading up from where I used to live in our first sortie to where I now live on our third. Convoy Booty appears to be the target off the Suffolk/Essex coastline. 85, 151, and 17 squadron attending.
Leave your Spits at home lads, this'll be a purely Hurri occasion.

Oh, and don't expect better weather, Met office says:

Quote:
"Heavy rain periods in the north with 8/10ths cloud but clearing as the day wears on. In the south-east there was low cloud, occasional showers with thunderstorms but clearing by the afternoon, while in the west the early morning cloud cleared to give way to sunny periods. "

Old 06-23-10, 06:36 PM   #28
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

I learnt a lesson, dont leaver your plane to take a leak... even if it is trimmed...
Old 06-23-10, 06:51 PM   #29
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Mulling over the Speedlink Black Widow joystick.

It's within my paltry budget range (just) and I'm seeing good reviews over it. The main problems seem to be the drivers compatibility with 64bit or Win 7 and Vista, but I'm an 32bit XP user, so it's looking good.

Of course, I'd love one of the top of the range HOTAs, but short of winning the lottery....
Old 06-24-10, 04:31 AM   #30
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Pilot log July 11th

Damn Jerry's, right when I was having my Tea the scramble was sound off...look at that overcast how the hell am I suppose to see those jerry bastards in there? today I was assigned to be a Wingmen...the fellow who was my flight leader had a very funny accent, but no time to figure out which god awfull county he is from as the Jerry was inbound.

Bloody hell, right after take off I lost my flight leader in the clouds. I just followed our flightpath and when we where above the clouds around 14.000 ft I finally spot my Flight leader at my 3 o'clock.

Cock, why can't I keep up with my leader? something wrong with my Hurri....probally that newly assigned mechanic screwed something up big time. I told my flight leader through the radio if he might have put the supercharges on 2...''YES, I SAID THAT 10 MINUTES AGO!'' he did? I think he did....guess my head was in the clouds and didn't hear it.
Tight up bastard thought my flight leader, like them Jerry's with their fancy formation flights...and all that yelling they do when they want to make something clear.

Right, spotted some contacts and confirmed they where the jerry.
109's tally ho!
I just sticked behind my flight leader to keep his 6 o'clock clear when he engaged the 109's....good shot the fellow he managed to smoke one after a nice burst on that jerry's six, he can forget his Sauerkraut mit bratwurst for today it's a cold channel bath for him.
2 more 109's in our sight, one flying a bit higher then the other...my Flight leader told me to go after the one flying low and he would go after the one that's flying higher.

shortly after he confirmed his second kill, and anounced he'll be returning to base as he is without ammo.
Just my luck, I'm stuck with this Acrobat Franz, Hanz or whatever his name might be. Think he red to many books about their krautcircus during WWI it aint going to work with these aircraft champ as I'll be sticking on your 6 no matter what even if you take me to Paris.

Got'em! how about that his 109 starting to pour out black smoke and his engine didn't sound that good from what I could hear. Since I was out of ammo and starting to get short on fuel it was time to get back to base.
Right first to figure out where I was....when Blue leader came throught the radio ''It's going to be French whine if you don't turn back now''
Ha ha ha the bloody joker, told him that I would bring a French Baguette and shuff it up his arse when I'm back.

Landed safely, with a couple of gallons left in the tank...must do something about my long trips.
When I climbed out of my cockpit I saw Blue''the Joker''Leader having a steaming hot cup of tea next to his Hurri...he was kind enough to anounce that mine turned cold..
Damn you Jerry's!
HunterICX