SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-22-11, 02:14 PM   #1
davy79
Swabbie

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 0
Default How to play SH4 in window mode

Hello all,

First time posting on this site. I have played SH3 since summer and usually play TCx1 in windowed mode while I am writing my PhD dissertation. The idea would be that my breaks would involve me heading up to the bridge to take in the sea air.

However, after 6 months the relentless wind and rain of the Atlantic convinced me that maybe the Pacific might be sunnier and thus more relaxing

However, I cannot for the life of me get the game to play in windowed mode. I am a bit computer illiterate so struggle with this stuff at the best of times though I did figure out mods so am not a total fool.

I checked window mode and set the ingame resolution to the lowest but that doesn't work. I also checked the main.cfg and made sure it said fullscreen=no.

Aside from that I don't know what else to do.

I really really like playing TCx1 while doing other stuff on the computer so any thoughts would be much appreciated!
davy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-11, 05:02 PM   #2
USS Drum
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy79 View Post
Hello all,

First time posting on this site. I have played SH3 since summer and usually play TCx1 in windowed mode while I am writing my PhD dissertation. The idea would be that my breaks would involve me heading up to the bridge to take in the sea air.

However, after 6 months the relentless wind and rain of the Atlantic convinced me that maybe the Pacific might be sunnier and thus more relaxing

However, I cannot for the life of me get the game to play in windowed mode. I am a bit computer illiterate so struggle with this stuff at the best of times though I did figure out mods so am not a total fool.

I checked window mode and set the ingame resolution to the lowest but that doesn't work. I also checked the main.cfg and made sure it said fullscreen=no.

Aside from that I don't know what else to do.

I really really like playing TCx1 while doing other stuff on the computer so any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Here's how you get to windowed mode:
Step 1.Go to options
Step 2. Check windowed mode and wah-la
Step 3. Chose what screen resolution you want (it's to the left of the windowed mode check box) and then you are done.
USS Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-11, 10:17 AM   #3
FightingSteel1
Bosun

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Drum View Post
Here's how you get to windowed mode:
Step 1.Go to options
Step 2. Check windowed mode and wah-la
Step 3. Chose what screen resolution you want (it's to the left of the windowed mode check box) and then you are done.
Did you even read his post?

I don't have any definite answer for you, but I did find this to try:

After checking "Windowed mode" in graphics settings, exit the game, make a shortcut for SH4.exe wherever you want, (right click on the icon) enter its properties and under "Shortcut" tab, select "Run: Minimized".
FightingSteel1 is offline   Reply With Quote