SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-11-11, 01:31 PM   #421
Daniel Prates
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

PS: Don't know who is this matt@darkimage.net guy. Hope he does not sue me!
Daniel Prates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-12, 12:08 AM   #422
jrescalante
Watch

Downloads: 60

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER? I believed it, until I read the ensuing paragraph and had to chuckle. (Hardcore Skippers don't chuckle) Great sense of humor, he who wrote it.
jrescalante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 12:56 AM   #423
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 213

CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPER
You fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by.

is wonderful.....100% true
denny927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 01:42 AM   #424
HW3
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER
For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."

"Some ships are designed to sink...others require our assistance." Nathan Zelk
HW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 02:37 PM   #425
john9001
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

it said i am a HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER, i don't think i am hard core, i use "save" alot and my ex officer does my firing plots.
john9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 03:09 PM   #426
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

May be an epic necro earlier but still a good thread for those who've not taken the test! Scarily accurate too, I got:

ROLE-PLAYING SUBSIM SKIPPER

Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. You're a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. (Or perhaps you're wise beyond your years.) Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Pacific Storm, Navy Field, and Silent War.

Above all else, now I really really want this pic as my forum avatar!

0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-12, 04:44 PM   #427
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Easily done. Follow the directions in this post:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...43&postcount=6
Old 02-21-12, 01:10 PM   #428
fright52
Seaman

Downloads: 8
What kind of subsim skipper?

Try and show a little respect. You can call me, Mr. Sim! .)

"he who sups with the Devil must have a long spoon." from Inherit the Wind
fright52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-12, 01:51 PM   #429
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

I don't remember the results so...
Quote:
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.
Old 02-21-12, 03:09 PM   #430
She-Wolf
Watchdog

Downloads: 152

Hee-hee - I am a 'Casual' - this para is me to the T!

Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by.

Sussed!
Old 02-21-12, 04:49 PM   #431
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

I do fancy my
Old 03-06-12, 02:08 AM   #432
Rooster
Watch

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
May be an epic necro earlier but still a good thread for those who've not taken the test! Scarily accurate too, I got:

ROLE-PLAYING SUBSIM SKIPPER

Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. You're a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. (Or perhaps you're wise beyond your years.) Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Pacific Storm, Navy Field, and Silent War.

Above all else, now I really really want this pic as my forum avatar!

I got the same
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-12, 09:05 AM   #433
SNAKE1937
Loader

Downloads: 6
Default This was interesting!

Go Big or go Home!
SNAKE1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 01:50 AM   #434
jtdude100
Watch

Downloads: 3

i got NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER. hmm....
i did everything again and got ACTION-ORIENTED SUBSIM SKIPPER. hmm i guess im the kinda of guy who just kicks @$$
jtdude100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-12, 07:29 AM   #435
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Thread surface.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote