SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-03-15, 12:30 PM   #1
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19
Default EAST WIND RAIN

Was re-reading AT DAWN WE SLEPT this week, got into the "what ifs" about a US sub being in position to intercept Nagumo's task force and sink a few carriers. Opened the mission editor and was surprised to find there actually IS a PearlHarborAttack.mis in the Campaigns folder!

Knowing the route, I set off from Manila and arrived in the Bungo Suido on the 18th, and waited. And waited. Christmas day came and went, no task force. I examined the route in the mission editor, it's accurate for the track, off on the dates - task force arrives north of Honolulu on the 12th instead of the 7th, but does enter the Bungo Straits on the 25th, last waypoint being well inside so I SHOULD be able to intercept in the narrows, what's amiss?

Turns out the problem is in the Campaign.cfg file;

FileName=data/Campaigns/Campaign/PearlHarborAttack.mis
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19411215

So they have this thing doing the actual attack on the 12th, then magically disappearing on the 15th, 10 days before it arrives at the final waypoint. Changed the end date to December 30, gotta restart a career now and see what happens.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 08:51 PM   #2
Sniper297
The Old Man

Well, for whatever reason it's not working. In the mission editor it runs all the waypoints, arrives at the interception point about 1400 on the 25th, still has 60 miles and 2 waypoints to go to the end. In game it's a no show.
Old 03-30-15, 05:00 AM   #3
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211
Uploads: 0

Did you try Pre Pearl Harbor career start after RSRDC?

I have they and I have a some light attack in Pearl. No BB sunk. Probably the enemy planes don't have enough fire power for that.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-15, 03:05 AM   #4
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Perhaps the problem is the starting date rather than the ending date. Since the game starts on Dec 7th, the group never appears (it would appear on Jan 1st 1938).

It's just a theory. If this is true, one solution could be moving the Task Force to its real position close to Hawaii at the game start date, and give it a spawn time slightly later (Dec 8th).

Last edited by JapLance; 04-05-15 at 03:24 AM.
Old 04-20-15, 09:41 AM   #5
Sniper297
The Old Man

Well, thanks, but most campaign traffic has starting dates 1938 but they spawn whatever date the patrol starts and go from there.

Did I try Pearl early start from RSRDC, no. I'm talking about the mission that's in the stock game, nothing to do with any mods. I was wondering why it's in the game at all if there's no way to interact with it, seems like a waste of disk space.