SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-01-19, 03:02 PM   #766
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default welcome aboard!

BroncoFlamenco!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-19, 05:22 AM   #767
Nitaihatr1
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11

Hello people!

my name is Nitai and i'm 21 years old (i have the sneaking suspicion i'm on the younger side of this communtiy? i don't acctually know thougth..). i live in isreal and i'm finishing my mandatory service in 2 monthes. i'm installing silent hunter 5 wolves of steel again while i'm typing this and i'd love it if anybody wants to show me around in a co- op campaign(you will discover i have a capability of learning these type of things very quickly, and i have already learned a lot of the important stuff, but there's nothing like the guidance of an expirianced captian to get someone going). i got the game on uplay if that matters for the sake of that.

being compleatly honest you will probebly not see much of me on the forum, if you want to contact me the best way is throgth discord (Nitaihatr1#1306).

Happy hunting!
Nitaihatr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-19, 10:15 AM   #768
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Nitaihatr1
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-19, 11:26 AM   #769
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

Nitaihatr1!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 08-22-19, 03:18 AM   #770
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

Dan0888!

Old 08-22-19, 03:27 AM   #771
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Dan0888
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
Old 09-29-19, 05:04 AM   #772
palomino
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Default Hello, all you Kaleuns and Subsimmers

I dug out SH3 from a stash of old game-DVDs the other day and got immediately hooked again - even more so since I installed the "Living SH V15", too - great stuff !
This mod was what got me here in the first place, and seeing what great people are contributing here and the overall decent tone and manners, I decided to stick around.
I'm a 46 year old play-child from Dortmund in Germany, so the only real-world water I have before my doorstep is the beautiful river Ruhr, and I use to spend a lot of quality time with my girlfriend kayaking there, whenever weather would allow for it.
Right now, while I type these lines, it's Sunday, weather outside is outspokenly dreary, I'm having a good, locally brewed beer and I am searching through this forum, trying to find out, which mod I would need for SH5 ( with Twos), which I also installed after being re-infected with Silent Hunter, to finally enable my XO to identify ships for me.
So, I'm hoping to find my solution after all, have a good day everyone, prost (or skol/cheers) and have a good day !

Happy hunting !

palomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 06:18 AM   #773
SA_Dragon
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2

Hi my name is Wikus, I am 17 and from South Africa. I just bought SH5 from gumtree (kind of a Ebay here) after watching some gamplay over on youtube. I am happy to join the forums and best of luck to the rest of you.

Oh and thank you for all of the good content on this site
SA_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 06:34 PM   #774
MuseumShips
Nub

Downloads: 0

Hi all,

My name is Pim, originally from the Netherlands, but the last 30 years living in the US, of which I am a proud citizen for the last 6 years.
New to the forum, but have played all SH versions. It has been a while since I played SH5, but I am a World of Warships player since Alpha weekend and am thorougly enjoying it.
The fact that soon(ish) we will be able to take subs in to battle and a conversation I recenlty had with forum member 'Kapitan' renewed my interest for SH5, and he also recommended me to become a member here!

So, I have been doing some digging and found the original Silent Hunter 5 Collectors Edition files from Ubisoft/Digital River that I bought for $39.99, as well as the licence key in an old email from January 8 2012!

My interest in ships is mainly due to my 12 years of service in the Royal Netherlands Navy, as well as a museum ships website and sidekick Facebook page, I have been running for nearly 5 years now.

So give me some time to find my sea-legs again in SH5, and than I want to know all about this 'Wolfpack' I keep reading about.

BZ to the staff of this forum, for I am one who still thinks it is the best form of social media to communicate with likeminded people.

Thanks, and as somebody once said: "I'll be back"

Cheers!
Pim
MuseumShips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-19, 07:56 PM   #775
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

Pim!...errr MuseumShips SA_Dragon! & palomino!

Old 10-01-19, 05:02 AM   #776
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Hi Pim and welcome to SubSim Meneer.

It would appear we have a mutual friend in Blair and as chance would have it I used to live in Dordrecht about thirty year ago.

Enjoy your stay here

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 02:10 PM   #777
MuseumShips
Nub

Downloads: 0

What a coincidence! I was born and raised in Hardinxveld-Giessendam, just about 6 miles upstream from Dordrecht on the river Merwede.
Stay surfaced though as it is not deep enough to run at periscope depth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Hi Pim and welcome to SubSim Meneer.

It would appear we have a mutual friend in Blair and as chance would have it I used to live in Dordrecht about thirty year ago.

Enjoy your stay here

Last edited by MuseumShips; 10-01-19 at 02:53 PM.
MuseumShips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 03:38 PM   #778
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Museum Ships > SA_Dragon & palomino
Old 10-02-19, 02:55 AM   #779
MrLiability53
Swabbie

Downloads: 1

Hi

I've been a major military history buff since I could remember, but naval history (past about the mid 17th century anyway) just never really interested me.

I'd played other naval combat sims waaaaay back in the day, then I played Silent Hunter 2 and Destroyer Command. The tactics were a bit beyond my grasp back when I played them. I wasn't used to games where simple reflexes and arcade skill were next to useless, but it fired up my young imagination. Being in essentially a hollow torpedo designed to carry slightly smaller torpedoes while being shot at with torpedoes.... it seemed an utterly insane way to fight a war.

So anyway, long story short, naval history oddly still doesn't interest me very much. The psychology, tactics, and insanity/bravery of the sailors, those stuffed into little metal tubes and those walking on floating metal bullseyes.... that is what I find utterly fascinating.
And yes, I really, really suck at SH5. Worse than I did at SH2. There's obviously a lot of learning to do.
MrLiability53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 05:12 AM   #780
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > MrLiability53

Tags
intro, introduction