Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

You better hope so.
Old 06-21-17, 03:51 AM   #3182
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Trump has good chances to make it to 2020 - not because he is so brilliant, but because the Democrats are unable to offer a reasonable political alternative. This - GERMAN - opion piece

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/auslan...a-1153220.html

argues that in all the by-elections they have had in Kansas, Montana, South Carolina and Georgia, the Democrats failed to gain a Congress seat, although in these places their chances should have been better than in many others, with Republicans sometimes having given trump only the edge over Clinton.

When you lose one by election after the other, and always blame Trump for evertyhing and do not get yor own homework done, then this is a bit too small an offer as if you can present yourself as an altenrtaive. In Georgia during the by-election there were more Repulbicans going to the voting than during the presidential election.

From the perspective of the outsider and foreigner, I must say: the Democrats are invisible, and when we take note of them, then it is speculation about a planned third ego show by Hillary Clinton.

Its not about Trump being so strong and potent. He is a fool. Its about the others' weakness. And as long as Democrats do not realise that and draw consequences, they have no chance.

Its a bit like with Macronman flying in France. Everybody in Germany is cheering him (I wonder why, he will mean us nothign but costs and more costs), and talks about the majority he has in parliament. But the French hardly are as passionate for him, indeed seem to not trust him too much, they were indeed only about preventing LePen and the other established parties. If you count the backgroudn data, you see that of the French citizens who were allowed to vote, 75% did not vote for him. Macronman's camp represents just around one quarter of the electorate. He is strong only not by own strength, but because the established parties blew it in recent years and decades.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-21-17 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-21-17, 04:09 AM   #3183
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Trump has good chances to make it to 2020 - not because he is so brilliant, but because the Democrats are unable to offer a reasonable political alternative. [...]
For once (or twice) i agree with you, and it seems to be an international problem, also in Germany. "Alternativlos" ("without alternative"), because no one else gets his own homework done, and the the party is only successful because the voters want to prevent worse.
Then there is of course the new hate in the media, but maybe the people will at some point recognize that those sites have their own political agenda, and will turn away from them (wishful thinking, i know. But seeing that one is being manipulated and instrumentalized, may eventually wake the fury in some).

(@Skybird sorry for the rant in this other post, i just can't hear it anymore. And i had just read some Fox News and was really getting mad. Ja, das wars )

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-21-17, 04:22 AM   #3184
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Fertig.

We must disagree on those things.
Old 06-21-17, 04:25 AM   #3185
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
For once (or twice) i agree with you, and it seems to be an international problem, also in Germany.
Yea, we also get it.
Old 06-21-17, 05:56 PM   #3186
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

I feel so bad for Germany, come on it's not too late yet. Cast off your Islamic & EU yoke. Sing along, you know you want to, hell even I want to.

Last edited by em2nought; 06-21-17 at 05:59 PM. Reason: add EU to that yoke
Old 06-22-17, 04:11 AM   #3187
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ As usual, the YT comments are hilarious:

"And thus, with their feet, the young men launched an absolute blitzkrieg against the people trying to sleep in the room below"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-22-17, 04:55 AM   #3188
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

That's why they lost the war, you know...

...all that standing about and singing...

<O>
Old 06-22-17, 10:56 AM   #3189
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
^ As usual, the YT comments are hilarious:

"And thus, with their feet, the young men launched an absolute blitzkrieg against the people trying to sleep in the room below"
That made me chuckle.
Old 06-22-17, 11:03 AM   #3190
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
Politics aside...
I'd say his chances of making it to November 9, 2020 are about as good as any other obese 71-year old who has the eating habits of a teenager, has a sketchy physician, has an incredibly stressful job which he cannot escape from, thinks that exercise is harmful, and uses spray-on tans on a daily basis.

Taft made it to 72, so anything is possible.
You might be right on the health issue, but wouldn't it make more sense for Trump to drop out of the 2020 race for POTUS due to health and let VP Pence give it a try against a (as yet undisclosed) democrat running for the same office.

I think Biden is surely thinking that he might be a candidate too.

We haven't forgotten you Subnuts did you get that job at Wall-mart yet?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-22-17, 12:12 PM   #3191
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

when McCain ran in 2008, he was 72.

One of the recurring attack lines was that he might die in office.

How is he doing now?
Old 06-22-17, 03:04 PM   #3192
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
when McCain ran in 2008, he was 72.

One of the recurring attack lines was that he might die in office.

How is he doing now?
He is doing fine, but then he does not have the stress of being PotUS. And hopefully won't ever have to experience that stress.
Old 06-22-17, 04:07 PM   #3193
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
He is doing fine, but then he does not have the stress of being PotUS. And hopefully won't ever have to experience that stress.
McCain has the stress of pointing out Trump's mistakes. Have you seen some of his shrugs when asked questions?

Trump still has some unanswered financial income questions to answer to and I bet they won't satisfy the nay sayers ...
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 06-22-17, 07:29 PM   #3194
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Once, the GOP pointed with pride, as one of their own, to "Honest Abe"...

...wonder if they are as proud of "Dishonest Donald"?...

In One Rally, 12 Inaccurate Claims From Trump --

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/22/u...owa-rally.html

I thought a big reason for voting for Trump was to keep someone like "Lying Hillary" out of the White House...

<O>
Old 06-22-17, 08:23 PM   #3195
August
Wayfaring Stranger

This is pretty much how I see it.

Quote:
Some people hate Trump. More people hate liberals.

By Rick Moran

For Republicans, winning never gets monotonous.
The Karen Handel victory in the Georgia 6th District special election repeats a pattern depressingly familiar to the left. There have been four special congressional elections since the hated Trump took office, and Democrats have lost all four. In each contest, the left predicted victory – largely based on what they perceived was hatred of President Trump by ordinary Americans, which would generate "enthusiasm" for the Democrat candidate and drive people in overwhelming numbers to the polls.

Each of the four Democrat candidates was well financed and received strong support from the national party. Each Democratic candidate's campaign was augmented by hundreds or thousands of activist volunteer Democrats. And each and every race was seen as a referendum on Donald Trump – not his policies as much as the man himself. He is Hitler and Howdy Doody all rolled into one, a traitorous SOB (although most liberals only hint that Trump has committed treason), a threat to the rule of law, and a joke as a president.
And each and every time, liberals have been shocked to discover that ordinary people don't view the president that way.

In Georgia's 6th, reality once again intruded on liberals' fantasies. They once again failed to grasp that some people may hate President Trump. But more people hate them. And unless they can grasp that fundamental point, 2018 will turn into another GOP victory.
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/..._liberals.html

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter