SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-10-12, 12:07 PM   #421
Munster
Swabbie

Downloads: 432
Uploads: 0

Hi, in the original post there's a link to a modders kit. Unfortunately the link is dead. I would like to play around a bit with the files - just for my own usage. Is it possible to re-up the modders kit?

Regards,
Munster
Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 07:26 PM   #422
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munster View Post
Hi, in the original post there's a link to a modders kit. Unfortunately the link is dead. I would like to play around a bit with the files - just for my own usage. Is it possible to re-up the modders kit?

Regards,
Munster
Is that Munster, as in the The Munsters, the famous television show? I suggest you send a PM to karamozovnew. If there is a link, he should be able to post it or send it to you.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 08:19 AM   #423
Munster
Swabbie

Downloads: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
Is that Munster, as in the The Munsters, the famous television show? I suggest you send a PM to karamozovnew. If there is a link, he should be able to post it or send it to you.
No, it's just Munster because it's a concise internet-nickname which isn't already used everywhere .

By the way: I don't need the files anymore but thanks for the reply!
Munster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-12, 11:59 AM   #424
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxa View Post
As you have described above you don't need install specific files, simply install OMEGU addon.

But I have another question - how to safely uninstall KIUB from OM+OMEGU? I want to return to stock user interface, but with all OMEGU fixes. Is it possible?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcospanik View Post
i have the same question as Jaxa....is there any way how to get stock (sh3 like) interface for scopes and UZO (i really liked it, no insult to karamazovs work ) without interfeering other effects of OMEGU ??
...and also....with KiUB, how can I attack on surface, UZO is not recognizing any ship (i must identify it with attack scope).
thanks for reply
I do not know the answer to either of the questions. However, I would think that karamovnew should as he worked on the Kiub interface. I have not seen him for quite awhile, so I do not know if he is still around. Lurker created OM/OMEGU I think, and he no longer is around subsim. If others are out there, I do not know who they are. You could ask Jan Kyster or Peabody, as they may have some information that could help.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-12, 07:31 PM   #425
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
I do not know the answer to either of the questions. However, I would think that karamovnew should as he worked on the Kiub interface. I have not seen him for quite awhile, so I do not know if he is still around. Lurker created OM/OMEGU I think, and he no longer is around subsim. If others are out there, I do not know who they are. You could ask Jan Kyster or Peabody, as they may have some information that could help.
Well... when I created this interface it only affected the german attack periscope screen, nothing more. So you could use the UZO and observation scope with the stock interface. After a while, somebody (I think Hitman), ported my interface to the other screens as well. I have no idea how his mod works, mine was very simple to remove, since it did not change any stock file, except for the dials/cfg and menu1024.ini files. Copy over the original unmodded versions of those files and see if you get lucky
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-12, 08:12 AM   #426
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Yes I ported that, it was included in the last version of OMEGU IIRC.

What I did was add the slide out panels, but not the tools (stadimeter, AOB finder) in the optics, as neither the UZO or the observation scope historically had them.

Later I found that I had placed several redundant entries but never published the fix, which only God knows where it might be in my HDD now ... Not that it causes bugs or loss of functionality, but I like to do clean jobs
Old 09-27-12, 05:56 PM   #427
Starfighter24
Swabbie

Downloads: 85

Hi everyone!! Congratulations for this fantastic mod. I have some problem with the RAOFB so i would read the manual but this links (http://www.filefront.com/14992013/KiUB-User-Guide.zip/
http://www.filefront.com/15351513/Manual-Targeting.zip/) are expired. Where i can find the documentation??
Starfighter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-12, 10:09 PM   #428
Claves_Mortis
Watch

Downloads: 86
Default Kiub for Trigger Maru Overhauled?

Hi there,
I did use your KiUB mod for a while on Operation Monsun now and I am loving the wheely-thing to calculate range, AoB and target speed (don't know the english term for it).

Now I've got following question:
Is there a version of this mod usable with Trigger Maru Overhauled 2.5 instead of OM or do you know of a mod with the same usage for TMO? I did look for some in this forum and in google but could only find something similar for SH3
Looking for something withou knowing the name for it isn't a big help neither ~~~

Best and thanks for a great mod anyway!
CM
Claves_Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-12, 10:15 PM   #429
Claves_Mortis
Watch

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfighter24 View Post
Hi everyone!! Congratulations for this fantastic mod. I have some problem with the RAOFB so i would read the manual but this links (http://www.filefront.com/14992013/KiUB-User-Guide.zip/
http://www.filefront.com/15351513/Manual-Targeting.zip/) are expired. Where i can find the documentation??
Hey Starfighter,
I used to have the same problem but got helped out in another thread here:
The how-to for this mod is in either the omegu patch or the omegu itself in the support and manuals folder as word file; got kiub in it's name, so search the mod folder for .doc with kiub in it. As I'm on my mobile now I cant tell gou the exact folder.
Best,
CM
Claves_Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-14, 08:25 AM   #430
moha14881
Loader

Downloads: 264

I was trying to setup my salvo for tubes 3&4 but I had tubes 2&4 highlighted like in the stock dial!!
This glitch isn't encountered in training mission!
Have uninstalled and reinstalled the game without luck!
moha14881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-15, 08:35 PM   #431
pdiddy
Gunner

Downloads: 227

This post won't quit (nor should it.) KiUB is a great mod that doesn't get the credit it deserves imo.

My question: When using the KiUB, if you click on the target's name with the rec. manual open, you are brought to the appropriate page for that target. I assume this is a commands.cfg command. Is that right? Anyone know which one?

I'd like to setup a shortcut key for this function in other versions.
pdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-16, 09:14 PM   #432
camaroz28
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 62
Default KIUB does't work

HI karamazovnew.
I get your wonderful KIUB by the OMEGU MOD. You can see my order install and what options i choose in it. The other mods rsrd and op MONSUN have been installed completely.
The KIUB stadimeter works well, but i can't move the middle circle of the AOBF.
Finally all the buttons and gauges on the TDC are inactive when i move the periscope attack.
Something important : The KIUB only appears when i activate Magnified Hud Dials for OM+OMEGU_Large.
So please tell me if i'm doing wrong with the install or anything else.
Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KIUB-TDC.jpg (93.1 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg JSGME-ORDER-INSTALL.jpg (29.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg OMEGU-V300.jpg (45.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg OMEGU-V300-P7.jpg (45.0 KB, 29 views)
camaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-18, 03:44 AM   #433
PotroastXII
Swabbie

Downloads: 60
Default Problem with the TDC

Hello there. I'm using the OMEGU mod with the Kiub but I can't use the range dial and etc. I want to be able to use it but I don't know how.
PotroastXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-18, 05:32 AM   #434
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Guys you can play kSD II it has great interface

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-18, 02:14 AM   #435
granite00
Torpedoman

Downloads: 162
Default Manual-Targeting.zip file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfighter24 View Post
I haven't been able to locate the Manual-Targeting.zip file. Can someone point me in the right direction?