Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 05-10-08, 12:56 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Airbus for FS9 ?

I would like to get a medium-sized airbus for FS9. A320 would be nice.

Airbus in general is not as prominent for FS series, than for example Boeing. for FS8 it was said certain routines of the airbus' unique autopilit modes could not be correctly simulated within FS environment. For FS8, I had the PSS A320, and was far from being convinced. PSS also is no more an existing company.

There was the A320 Pilot in command by Wilco, wich had a specs-eating and problematic start for FS9, is said to have been fixed by later patches, and today is no more available.

I am thinking about Wilco Airbus Series Vol. 1 Deluxe

but I am undecided, since feedback and reviews I read are very split, and do not give me the impression that it can compete with PMDG-747 and LevelD-767 and ATR-72/500. Is there no Airbus package as complete and functional and flawless as these?

Last edited by Skybird; 05-11-08 at 04:39 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 01:20 AM   #2
mcf1
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
I would like to get a medium-sized airbus for FS9. A320 would be nice.

Airbus in general is not as prominent for FS series, than for example Boeing. for FS8 it was said certain routines of the airbus' unique autopilit modes could not be correctly simulated within FS environment. For FS8, I had the PSS A320, and was far from being convinced. PSS also is no more an existing company.

There was the A320 Pilot in command by Wilco, wich had a specs-eating and problematic start for FS9, is said to have been fixed by later patches, and today is no more available.

I am thinking about

but I am undecided, since feedback and reviews I read are very split, and do not give me the impression that it can compete with PMDG-747 and LevelD-767 and ATR-72/500. Is there no Airbus package as complete and functional and flawless as these?
Here I got this.
http://simviation.com/fs2004jets225.htm
has got some nice A340's, you should also check the previous pages.
I saw some nice A350 and 320.
mcf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-08, 04:37 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Well, thanks.

But... Skins and models is not so important for me, I am looking for a good, complex, representative simulation of the cockpit and the differences in handling Airbus features, compared to Boeing. And it seems there is little on offer (not too mention that it alo may be difficult to find), and finally I would not have any impression at all of what it is that I am installing, since the thousands of files they offer are not reviewed, just advertised.

But don't get me queer, mate: I thank you nevertheless. But as I said:I am looking for something of the callibre like Flight1's ATR 72, or PMDG's 747 or Level-D's 767.
Old 05-17-08, 02:51 AM   #4
mcf1
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 10

Well then:hmm:
maybe these?
http://www.justflight.com/flightSimAddOnList.asp?cat=1&sim=4&product=All+Pro ducts&imageField.x=67&imageField.y=15

http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=257

sorry, only payware
mcf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-08, 11:02 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

No need to be sorry for "payware" - i expected that anyway.

A320 Pro I know from FS2002 - and it was not convincing. The packages by PPS (which no longer exists anyway) always have been under "constant debate", to put it mildly. From what I read they do not compare to the quality of the packages I mentioned.

Having read even more since I posted this thread, I think I nevertheless stay away from Airbusses. Can'T see them to have been massively improved over the PSS A320 Pro - but that kind of improvement I consider to be a must if making that an argument to buy any of them. when knowing in advance that they are inferior to what I already have in modules, there is no point in considering to buy any of them.

So, it seems no secret tip on some unknown candidate who is a winner under the surface. Airbus seems to be difficult to be correctly and flawlessly modelled and programmed in principle inside FS.
Old 06-11-08, 05:02 PM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

It seems I was wrong in assuming there is no competently done airbus package around - work is being done on a A320 by Dreamfleet and RealityXP. The package seems to brake the usual limitations of FS9, and promises to excel both in graphics and functionality. check the site carefully - and feel your mouth watering:

http://www.airlinerxp.com/index.html

Still under "open" developement, and surely a long project running, but with Dreamfleet it is not a nobody working on it. Amazing that such a major and revolutionary package still gets developed for FS9. Shows that FSX after 1 and 3/4 of a years has still failed to claim position of being the undisputed king of the hill. VFR flyers with small planes seem to prefer FSX, while IFR flyers with fat birds stick with FS9.