SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-14-14, 07:37 AM   #2281
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

I played in the last three betas of TESO and I really did not like it at all. Too many bugs, boring story line, floaty combat, etc. Maybe it's just me, but it comes across as a huge cash grab what with the paywalls and all.

Anyway, it's just not for me.

I'll stick with Skyrim which I really love, I guess.

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-14, 08:51 AM   #2282
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

I seem seem to have a rather large problem when enter the castle to get General Tulius to surrender I have no option to this, Ulfric asks Rikke to surrender she doesn't and then they both attack me while Ulfric and Gilmar just look on.
So at the moment I am unable to finish this quest, anyone no of any fix?
Old 04-19-14, 02:06 PM   #2283
Friscobay
Mate

Downloads: 47
SHO

''whaddaya mean I can't be a Werewolf''..........?
Friscobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-14, 02:12 AM   #2284
BossMark
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 278

Well problem sorted I went back about 7 hours game play where I hadn't started the "the fallen" part of the main quest line., I just then continued with the Stormcloak quests and everything worked as should do
Old 09-18-14, 02:44 PM   #2285
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Not many new mods get tried, used, newly added to the Skrimeer'S collection these days, I could imagine, but me, I find myself time and again coming back to the Northern countries, and I found a new mod that I enjoyed so far, it could serve as a home-building and home mod. It'S called Windstad Mine, and allows you to conquer a worn out mine from bandits, buy the legal rights to use it, and then step by step improve and build up the place with more mineshafts, additional buildings, adding furniture and equipment and hiring staff - and quite a lot of staff, slowly turning the place into your own mini village, so to speak. There seems to be a story running on if further mineshafts get build, but I am not that far already. The location is just south of Windstad Manor. The whole thing reminded me of this other really welldone mod, Millwater Retreat, which had the same idea, but was not so huge and complex in size.- And this mine here, it really is a big place.

If you still play Skyrim occasionally like I do, try this one. It's good stuff.

Heck, I'm still playing this beauty. Not even Oblivion I played for such a long, continuing time. No, not playing - just that I "like "to be there" and enjoy the place. Must by now be the most-played PC game/sim in my whole player career, since the late 80s.
Old 10-17-14, 09:58 PM   #2286
donna52522
Lady Mariner

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Not many new mods get tried, used, newly added to the Skrimeer'S collection these days, I could imagine, but me, I find myself time and again coming back to the Northern countries, and I found a new mod that I enjoyed so far, it could serve as a home-building and home mod. It'S called Windstad Mine, and allows you to conquer a worn out mine from bandits, buy the legal rights to use it, and then step by step improve and build up the place with more mineshafts, additional buildings, adding furniture and equipment and hiring staff - and quite a lot of staff, slowly turning the place into your own mini village, so to speak. There seems to be a story running on if further mineshafts get build, but I am not that far already. The location is just south of Windstad Manor. The whole thing reminded me of this other really welldone mod, Millwater Retreat, which had the same idea, but was not so huge and complex in size.- And this mine here, it really is a big place.

If you still play Skyrim occasionally like I do, try this one. It's good stuff.

Heck, I'm still playing this beauty. Not even Oblivion I played for such a long, continuing time. No, not playing - just that I "like "to be there" and enjoy the place. Must by now be the most-played PC game/sim in my whole player career, since the late 80s.
Definitely one of my favorite games. With the amount of mods for this game every play through can be totally different, with the exception of the main and DLC quest lines.

The game was already out for almost a year before I started playing it and yet according to Steam I have 4,140 hours into it. That's even while taking breaks to play Morrowind and Oblivion, two games I never even heard of before I got Skyrim. Of course I have also taken breaks to play many other games.
Old 10-18-14, 04:29 AM   #2287
Skybird
Soaring

I still play it extensively. Don't know how many hours I logged, since I deactivated Steam synchronization (takes very long time to close the game if left on, so the counter is frozen at some very early point in my Skyrim career), but it is my sixth character I have brought to levels beyond 60, it is 2500+ savegames (quicksaves not counted), and I would be surprised if total playing hours would not be deep in the four digit realm. Main quest I do not care for, I play it like some sort of The Sims, managing a whole lot of followers I garrisoned in Sutvaka Estate and Windstad, caring for their skills and equipment and so on, and leading my private army to battle against the Almeri due to a mod for total war with the Almeria Dominion, and another mod for immersive patrols.

Both mods recommended, btw, the battles are EPIC.

It has become a bit repetitive by now, yes. Still, I hardly can spend a single week without logging some playing time at least once in that week. It's due to the beauty and atmosphere.

One of the greatest games ever made, no doubt.
Old 10-23-14, 06:49 AM   #2288
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Quote:
I love RPG lore. I walk into a virtual library in pretty much any game you care to mention, and I'm stuck there until I've read every single book in the place. And there are few games with more voluminous lore than The Elder Scrolls series, which is why the two series of books recently announced by Bethesda—The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel and The Elder Scrolls V: The Skyrim Library—represent such a dire threat to my wallet.
http://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-anno...ing-next-year/

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 07:29 PM   #2289
Skybird
Soaring

And another battle mod, maybe the best thee is: Battle Mod 1.02. It allows to use spells to create groups of fighters of various factions at impact point nof the spell, some of these groups are hostile to the player, hostile to each other, or friendly to the player. You can easily create very hige battles with it.

That has a special benefit. YOU chose the place. Ever had your home that is you castle built, knbow8ing that all your hand-selected men that you manually equipped would never be used to defend it? Think again. Here you can now have bandits, Falmers, skeletons Thalmor, rebels from the Reach attacking your fortifications, and have the cavalry of Whiterun coming to the rescue.

You can have several spells active, so have several groups running around, if your system handles it, you end up with several dozen fighters hacking and slashing away. The fights are intense, and very huge, and very long-lasting they get reinforcements.

A very much needed mod for Skyrim. Functions very well.
Old 10-27-14, 07:01 AM   #2290
Skybird
Soaring

I had fun with the boys last night (place is Stonespire Castle).

But then somebody brought some beer... (battlers can be even several times greater in numbers with Battle Mod 1.02 than shown here).

Then back to my home sweet castle, Sutvaka. I have 16 fighters under my command there. And another dozen at Windstad Manor and the nearby fortified mining complex that I built there.

I'm stinking rich!
Old 11-09-14, 10:16 PM   #2291
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168

Wow, cool that I'm not the only one still playing (or wishing I had time to play) Skyrim!

Pfffft who am I kidding, even if I get the time I've still got hours of modding before I can start another character.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-14, 07:00 AM   #2292
Skybird
Soaring

What happened to your Ulfric? Poisoned in bed, or what?
Old 11-10-14, 10:39 AM   #2293
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
What happened to your Ulfric? Poisoned in bed, or what?
Given that I always play Stormcloak, lol, Ulfric is and always shall be fine. Altho I'm kinda burned out on the whole bit with marrying him... it's just too complicated, trying to make the Palace livable and now with the whole adopting kids thing it's just weird having them in one house and "living" in the Palace with Ulfric. (Altho to be fair it's not like I spend THAT much time with them even when I "officially" live in the same place they do.)

And I don't even want to get into trying to make the Palace an option for the Hearthfire kids, it might be possible but yikes that would be a fair bit of work for something that might bug out the game.

Of course I've got follower mods that would let me tell Ulfric to live somewhere else of my choosing, but that's also weird because he should be in the Palace doing Jarl stuff when I'm not around. Even me living there and having the kids in Hjerim was not great, since apparently what counts as "playing outside" in Windhelm is basically standing in front of the tavern drinking... Sure, they're mostly Nord kids, but COME ON.

I still keep the mod in for Ulfric as follower/spouse (he's just too fun as a follower!) but the current plan is to marry Argis, which I've never done and every time I don't I end thinking I should have. Sadly my last game got the bug where the battle of Whiterun wouldn't start, and there doesn't seem to be any fix for that unless one of the unofficial patches has since addressed it so I abandoned that character. Or maybe the Civil War Overhaul mod has addressed it by now, I'll have to check for updates before I start getting my next mod list set up.
Old 11-10-14, 02:11 PM   #2294
Skybird
Soaring

It seems marriage is nothing for you...!?

Try Sutvaka. Should fit all those mentioned needs while avoiding the deficits. My preferred home, since long time now, not too big and not too small, plenty of storage, plenty of guards, follower-friendly, secret vaults and escape tunnels, castle-feeling - superb home. I had children living there, too, but no longer (needed a mod adapting children to non-regular homes).
Old 11-10-14, 02:30 PM   #2295
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

I generally don't do player home mods, I would just end up spending hours modding them to my own specifications anyway. It's easier to mod the existing player homes into what I want and not clutter up the landscape with even more buildings.

Anyway, if I were going to add a new home I'd just mod it in myself. I actually did do that in Winterhold, I changed one of the destroyed buildings there into the intact version and created a cell for the interior and the player gets the key to it if they become Thane of the hold. It's not much, in keeping with the general Winterhold situation, but at least it's a place to sleep and store stuff without having the College as the only option for a living space there.

I've done a few other mods of my own that I ended up really liking, for instance one that adds a couple boats and jetties so you can travel from Riften to Ivarstead and back (with a stop at Heartwood Mill) all by water - still fast travel like the carriages but it seemed odd that there would be NO boat travel at all in the interior of the province, and that's really the only stretch of river system where it seemed realistic too have it - too many falls and rapids everywhere else. Also added a boat that shows up if you buy the Hearthfire land in Hjaalmarch, that will take you across the bay to the Solitude side making that particular house WAY more convenient, seriously it's a long way around from there to Solitude by land and I got tired of swimming across the damn bay just to go up to the shops in the city. The time doesn't seem to pass properly when traveling that way, though, so I probably need to look at the scripts for the carriages and see if I can figure out how that's done.

Most ambitious mod I've done is the one that changes the PO outpost in Dragonbridge to a basic guardhouse for either the Legion/Stormcloaks depending on who holds Haafingar, and moves the entire Penitus Oculatus to the border with Cyrodiil southwest of Falkreath. Never made sense to me that the PO would continue to HQ in Dragonbridge even if the Stormcloaks won the civil war, now they're down on the border tucked out of the way so it doesn't seem so odd.

And now I'm just getting more and more homesick for Skyrim.