SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-19, 08:55 AM   #1
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427
Uploads: 0
Default I already have a feature wishlist

I see no auto/manual TDC implemented

No teleport

No map tools seen so far from the videos.

No real nav (celestial). Note: A little thing that could be done is the option of displaying your sub location in this format: -12.9012/-38.3344 for instance. Then just input these numbers into Stellarium app or pc version and from there you plot your position using celestial nav... but I do not know if the game simulates great circle navigation or if it’s a flat Earth surface like in the SH series... in other words, if 1km is indeed 1km in the game World.

Multiplayer same sub/wolfpack

All those above to attract Expert/Veterans Skippers real hardcore players. (I say no to time compression!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 01:55 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

One thing I would like to see is a non-teleport. What I mean is a function where you would hit a key or click a button to go somewhere, but rather than teleporting it would walk you there. I'm in the engine room. Someone tells me the bridge crew has sighted a ship. Rather than walk myself or teleport I would click the 'Bridge' button and the game would walk me through the boat to the control room and up the ladders until I was where I wanted to go.
Old 04-14-19, 11:29 AM   #3
Pilot_76
Chief

Downloads: 427

That would be a great idea too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pilot_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-19, 04:05 AM   #4
Hjalfnar
Torpedoman

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot_76 View Post
I see no auto/manual TDC implemented

No teleport

No map tools seen so far from the videos.

No real nav (celestial).

Multiplayer same sub/wolfpack
TDC is/will be in, devs are a bit unclear here.

Teleport I don't know.

Map tools are already in, but very rudimentary.

No real nav...yep. Though not a loss for me, I am not a total sim nut.

Multiplayer is possible with the engine and was planned if the Kickstarter would have gotten enough money. Sadly that wasn't the case, so it there is only a "probably later" by the devs, depending on how well it sells.
Hjalfnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 02:04 PM   #5
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 10

in regards to teleport, in some cases, I think the player should be able to take control of certain positions, so long as they are manned but someone. especially true of watch.
even if its just a sailor, you just wont have the option for full manual control over them.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 03:58 PM   #6
Sub187
Watch

Being able to use the map tools in map view on top of the intended target. Now you can't do that, and without accurate data all the effort taken to implement manual targeting is useless IMHO.
Sub187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 04:42 PM   #7
JU_88
Silent Hunter

If you mean a map mode where its top down 2d style map, i believe it is planned for later. quite a few have requested it.

Also there is manual TDC!

People keep staying there isn't because its not so obvious how to do it, ant its not covered in the tutorial (because it was added later).
here's a guide.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 11:00 PM   #8
Sub187
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
If you mean a map mode where its top down 2d style map, i believe it is planned for later. quite a few have requested it.

Let me explain it with an example: Currently, you find a target on the map, and it is indicated with a green dot. I want to put a marker on the green dot, turn on the stopwatch, and calculate heading and speed.

Yet this is currently not possible in Uboat, since it doesnt allow me to put a marker on top of the green dot. You always have to put lines and marks next to the target, which WILL lead to a couple of degrees of inaccuracy.

Sure, this will buff out the more data points you gather, but with the game speed being accelerated most of the time (and no way to decelerate it to 1x), and the VII being what it is speedwise, thats a hard chore.

Not being able to accurately draw on the map makes manual targeting and attack planning more difficult than it should be, for no apparent reason.
Sub187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-19, 11:40 PM   #9
ljqcn101
Sailor man

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Also there is manual TDC!
A gamey TDC and sometimes annoying to use if you're attacking a convoy sequentially. You still need to select a target in order to use it, and you have to do it one by one.

Would love to see a fully controllable TDC station that keeps my current solution, with gyro angle displayed so I can do fast 90 attacks. Currently this station is neither clickable nor AI controlled.
ljqcn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 12:04 AM   #10
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

Binoculars!
The UZO is wonky. I locked onto a sub I was supposed to sink and didnt unlock soon enough and from that moment on, A and D key would roll instead of going left and right. It kept lock even after the sub sunk. I finished with my patrol, hoping it would reset, and it never did. Had to start another game.
Old 05-06-19, 02:13 AM   #11
Rickster1
Chief

Downloads: 508
Default Different

I think that this game is different to sh series and that is good as we already have a fully modded sh5 and sh3 if you want full immersion. This game is a different style of game and that's good in my view and there are only 3 Devs . I believe that once polished this will fit in the subsim nicely. Also let's not forget the pile of crap Ubisoft made us pay for at release and then left the modders to finish the game. Only my view of course.
Rickster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 05:32 AM   #12
junkets
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Press B for binoculars. Manual TDC is in game. You can target up to three targets at a time. Nav tools are in game. The map offers a "tactical" view. Hold TAB and it will show where each officer can go, in that way "walking you there". You can calculate speed by a sight/scope, using the bow-to-stern across the center line approach. The devs have mentioned they are working on alternative modes of travel/time compression, selectable before you begin your game.

But yes, a lot of this is "rudimentary" rather than "hardcore sim". But, given the interest this game has generated, and the wide audience (for many, most?, this is the first sub sim they have played) the game is attracting, having a full realism/immersion hardcore subsim could turn off 90% of people trying the game. And so, before even a full release, it would be... dead in the water.

Last edited by junkets; 05-06-19 at 06:07 AM.
junkets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 01:36 PM   #13
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkets View Post
Press B for binoculars. Manual TDC is in game. You can target up to three targets at a time. Nav tools are in game. The map offers a "tactical" view. Hold TAB and it will show where each officer can go, in that way "walking you there". You can calculate speed by a sight/scope, using the bow-to-stern across the center line approach. The devs have mentioned they are working on alternative modes of travel/time compression, selectable before you begin your game.

But yes, a lot of this is "rudimentary" rather than "hardcore sim". But, given the interest this game has generated, and the wide audience (for many, most?, this is the first sub sim they have played) the game is attracting, having a full realism/immersion hardcore subsim could turn off 90% of people trying the game. And so, before even a full release, it would be... dead in the water.
Thanks for the tips!