SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-19, 06:33 PM   #1
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290
Uploads: 0
Default /Wave

Ahoy gang. Been away for awhile and have just returned. Am downloading the newest FOTRS Ultimate v0.81. Was curious since I am having to re-install SH4 and all the mods if someone could direct me to the best sound and water/sky/weather mods that would be compatible. Any help would be appreciated and looking forward to loading the seabed with the rest of ya!

Jack
Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 07:13 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Why... FotRSU v0.81, of course... Some sound mods will mess with some of the settings in FotRSU. Since it is "beta", we have not tested all of the sound mods for compatibility. We hope to do that shortly - but we are talking computers and mods here, so "shortly" might be a year, might be a month... sorry

OH! Before I forget! Do NOT install the game in the default "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder. Change that folder name to something else. You can keep the Ubisoft folder if you want, or make that the "root" folder, whatever, but if you put the game in the "Program Files" folder, Windows will prevent you from applying mods to the game...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-19, 07:44 PM   #3
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

LOL, thanks my friend. I will install the mod only so I can enjoy it un-tainted. ; ) And thanks for the install help! Also, did I need to be using a different version of the FotRSU mod? I apologize for the ignorance, it has been awhile since I have had my decks awashed.

Jack
Old 04-06-19, 08:20 PM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

FotRSU v0.81RC1 (Release Candidate) is the current version. We might have an RC2 in a few days, or the number might change, depending upon what all I can get completed in a few days... CapnScurvy and s7rikeback, the wizzes that they are, are already finished with their portions... sigh. I are slow - and working on flooring the family room OH BOY!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 03:09 PM   #5
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Okees, al set, game running awesome! Now, why can't I find that awesome music mod that had a ton of 30-40's swing music? I found one great mod but it only had 6-9 songs. I see all the Hawaii mods but I was looking for the Glen Miller Band and such. I know the file used to be in the downloads but I don't see it anymore. Hope all of you are having a fantastic weekend.

Jack

Old 04-12-19, 07:54 PM   #6
The Kraken Wakes
Watch

Downloads: 5
Default music

Hi,
I am quite new but I found a way of putting any music you want on the gramophone. I recommend the Das Boot Soundtrack which you will buy of course and not download it free off youtube Anyway, if you convert it to .mp3 and chuck it into the \sound\gramophone folder, you can play anything. But Doldinger's piece "Konvoi" was written for the story as they closed in on the surface for a night attack in stormy weather...you got to try it, it's fantastic.

T K W
The Kraken Wakes is offline   Reply With Quote