Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 12-19-11, 12:24 PM   #316
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Edit - helps if I'd downloaded the English version (64), not the German (2)!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-11, 05:27 PM   #317
longam
Admiral

Downloads: 26
Default DCS A10c game noob

Well Santa brought me the game (ok my daughter bought it for me which means I bought it for me) and if I can ever get these patch files downloaded I going to start the learning process.

I'm so reminded of Falcon 4 with the interface but just taking it up for a quick run I can tell this is a major upgrade from there. Its going to be fun to get in the air again in combat mode and hopefully I can join up to do some multi again. I miss that the most from falcon.
longam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-12, 09:40 AM   #318
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam View Post
Well Santa brought me the game (ok my daughter bought it for me which means I bought it for me) and if I can ever get these patch files downloaded I going to start the learning process.

I'm so reminded of Falcon 4 with the interface but just taking it up for a quick run I can tell this is a major upgrade from there. Its going to be fun to get in the air again in combat mode and hopefully I can join up to do some multi again. I miss that the most from falcon.

Look forward to seeing you in the air . You'll recognise me, I'm the one marking the target with smoke from my burning wreckage .
Old 01-13-12, 05:03 AM   #319
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam View Post

Speaking of Falcon 4.0 You DO NOT want to miss on playing BMS 4.32(Benchmark Simulation 4.32 for Falcon 4.0). It's like Falcxon 5.0. Graphics wise it's astonishing compared to Allied Force. Check it out. Completely worth it and it's so stable with NVidia driver prior to 180.xx
Old 01-15-12, 11:58 AM   #320
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Welcome back Castout.
Old 01-30-12, 08:54 PM   #321
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Can anyone help me out. I've got an issue with firing up my left engine.

I can get through the tutorial okay but no matter what I do (change keybindings etc) I cannot get the left throttle to move from off to idle during the engine start sequence. Yet the key binding for the right engine works a charm. I'm using an X52 and G19 as my HOTAS and keyboard respectively.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 08:59 PM   #322
Nate--IRL--
Loader

Downloads: 0

The throttle on your joystick must be at zero. EDIT: i just saw that does not apply, probably best to post on the official forum.

EDIT2: Check you do not have an axis mapped to left throttle in the option. DCS assigns some axis by default.

Nate
Nate--IRL-- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-12, 09:43 PM   #323
Falkirion
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 34

Actually after a bit more work on the problem I solved it. The keymaps were fine, it was the X52 profile I was using. Clearing that and then setting up the stick manually worked a charm.

Now I just have to figure out the rest of this sim, and where to map the stuff on my stick.
Falkirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-12, 10:15 AM   #324
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-12, 07:36 PM   #325
Nate--IRL--
Loader

For those interested, the latest Info for DCS.

Quote:

Moving to Core-Based System
Later in 2012, The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics will transition the DCS series to a core-based system. What do we mean by a core-based system? This means that the main DCS engine that includes the GUI interface will serve as the core that content modules plug into it. Such content could include vehicles, maps, campaigns, etc. This will allow purchased DCS content to be accessed through a single DCS core hub.
Not only will this allow previous and future DCS aircraft to be fully integrated, but it will also allow 3rd party content to be easily integrated into the DCS series.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS: P-51D Mustang Status
The Mustang is coming along nicely and is currently flying around the DCS world. Most of the focus is now on tuning the flight dynamics with input from a real Mustang operator. Other work continues on the P-51D audio, a very detailed engine model, missions, and the damage model. We will also include several authentic skins with the release product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open Beta Testing for Patches Coming
To better promote community involvement and have a much larger testing base, future DCS product patches will be available in beta version prior to final release. We hope this move will allow all customer voices to be heard prior to releasing a new patch and flush out any missed problems during internal testing. The next two patches will be for A-10C and Black Shark 2.

"DCS: P-51D Mustang" Pre-Purchase
As we did with "DCS: A-10C Warthog", we will be offering P-51D as a pre-purchase. As a pre-purchase, customers will have access to beta versions of the product.

Paid For User Content Now Available from DCS Web Site
Now in the User Files section on the DCS page, you have the option to filter between All, Free, and Paid For files. The Paid For content allows a distribution channel for third party developers to sell their work.

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator....d&set_filter=Y

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Combined Arms and Flaming Cliffs 3 Update
Work also moved forward on these two products and we have some very interesting and fun new features in work for both products. More on those later.

The next DCS Jet
This DCS jet aircraft is still in its early stages and a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself. As such, we will not be announcing what aircraft this is until it is much further along.

To keep informed of latest developments, visit the forums at http://forums.eagle.ru and http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Online Shop: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop
Nate
Old 04-08-12, 08:01 PM   #326
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Most of that is good, no, great news . . .

. . . but I'm not paying $4.99 for a 'Ground Handling' mission, not matter how much I need it. Nor would I pay the same for a 'Start-up Tester', or any of the other paid-for content currently available!
Old 04-08-12, 08:13 PM   #327
Nate--IRL--
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Berbunch View Post
Most of that is good, no, great news . . .

. . . but I'm not paying $4.99 for a 'Ground Handling' mission, not matter how much I need it. Nor would I pay the same for a 'Start-up Tester', or any of the other paid-for content currently available!
Same here - but would you pay for a 3rd party aircraft to fly?

Nate
Old 04-09-12, 02:26 AM   #328
Arclight
Navy Seal

Location: Land of windmills, tulips, wooden shoes and cheese. Lots of cheese.
Downloads: 53
Uploads: 10

Probably not, to be honest, not unless it's on the same level as the official content.

The thing that interests me in DCS is that they model as much as possible as accurately as possible.

Stuff like maps and ground units though, I'd consider that. A normandy map with WWII ground units would be a nice addition for flying the Mustang.

Also, I had hoped the next jet would be further along. That's what I'm really waiting on, for a while now, but it's still up in the air.

Contritium praecedit superbia.
Arclight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-12, 03:26 AM   #329
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate--IRL-- View Post
Same here - but would you pay for a 3rd party aircraft to fly?

Nate
Arc's first line sums it up well.
Old 05-02-12, 07:53 AM   #330
Nate--IRL--
Loader

Default DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed

Looks like some Professional 3rd party aircraft are on the way for the new DCS:-World core.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87621

Quote:
Originally Posted by beczl View Post
I'm happy to announce my first independent 3rd party module - "DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed". This new module development is based on the new 3rd party License agreement/support that was previously announced by TFC/Eagle Dynamics. I plan to release MiG-21Bis later in 2012.

The MiG-21Bis is considered a third-generation, supersonic, jet fighter. It's avionics equipment ensures day and night operations in fair and poor weather conditions. Some 50 countries over four continents have flown the MiG-21, and it still serves many nations a half-century after its maiden flight. The MiG-21 broke a number of aviation records and it is still the most produced supersonic jet aircraft in aviation history.

"DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed" includes both Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground capabilities that includes various conventional weapons like missiles, rockets, bombs, and a built in 23mm cannon. "DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed" will also use less widely known weapons such as some advanced air-to-surface guided missiles, retarded and general purpose bombs, and some special devices.

Features of the "DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed":

• Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit with dynamic shadows. Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse like previous DCS products.
• Accurate airframe and realistic 3D cockpit model.
• Detailed modeling of the MiG-21Bis instruments, navigation, electrical, radar, engine, fuel, and weapon systems.
• Russian and English cockpit texts and hints

• Improved and more realistic airplane behaviors that are based on real MiG-21Bis pilot tests and instruction.
• More than a twenty high detailed aircraft skin with unique stencil texts.
• More than a dozen new deliverable weapon.

"DCS: MiG-21Bis Fishbed” is developed by Laszlo 'beczl' Becz in association with The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics. Further information will be provided as development progresses. I will be providing Work In Progress (WIP) screenshots, videos, and other product information.

Nate