SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-26-10, 09:24 AM   #5566
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-snafu View Post
No apologies needed Jimbuna--knew it wouldn't be long before you were back online--i was just being impatient--& file front always been hit and miss it seems--good to see you still around in sh3-

Gwx as awesome as i remember--have had limited time but got to run a patrol or 2---now to add some of the amazing goodies that the subsim modders have been coming up with--my eyes bleeding from reading all the pages

regards, snafu
SINK EM ALL!!

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 06:21 AM   #5567
wolfpack_jim
Watch

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0

Due to a pc problem last night i was forced to unistall the sh3 and delete the gwx files.
I went to the the recomended download pages from the dev team but when i hit the download batton nothing happens but remove me to the main file front page (http://news.filefront.com/). what is going on?

Someone please
!!!
wolfpack_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-10, 07:02 AM   #5568
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

At your service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Mediafire links to everything GWX-related :
GWX3-1.bin
GWX3-2.bin
GWX3-3.bin
GWX3-4.bin
GWX3-5.bin
GWX3-6.bin
GWX3-7.bin
GWX3.exe
GWX3 Commander Files
SH3Cmdr GWX Aircraft Markings

And I recommend using every mod labelled "OLC", particularly OLC Gold MkIId for which you can find this flat sun fix for GWX3.0.

Old 07-28-10, 03:57 PM   #5569
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Default Sun Flickering

Hello Everyone,

When using GWX I notice that the sun is flickering (the moon doesn't). The sky and cloud is fine, only the sun is flickering.

Is there a mod or fix available?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-10, 04:28 PM   #5570
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_jim View Post
Due to a pc problem last night i was forced to unistall the sh3 and delete the gwx files.
I went to the the recomended download pages from the dev team but when i hit the download batton nothing happens but remove me to the main file front page (http://news.filefront.com/). what is going on?

Someone please !!!
The files obtained from the GWX website have had numerous reports of faults.

The only set of 100% safe files (until I can d/l those of Alex and confirm) are those from my FF account (link above my sig).

FF has been down for a few days but is back up again.

Old 07-28-10, 04:29 PM   #5571
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Hello Everyone,

When using GWX I notice that the sun is flickering (the moon doesn't). The sky and cloud is fine, only the sun is flickering.

Is there a mod or fix available?

Thanks!
What other mods if any do you have enabled?

What about checking your graphics card settings?

Old 07-29-10, 05:53 AM   #5572
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna View Post
What other mods if any do you have enabled?

What about checking your graphics card settings?
Hi,

I'm using the nHancer with a pre-set profile for a Nividia graphic card.

Currently, I'm using the following mods:

Old 07-29-10, 06:35 AM   #5573
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Looks like you've a good mod mix thre. I'd suggest you disable all that didn't come with GWX and see if that sorts it.

If it does, enable one unnoficial mod at a time until the problem returns, then you'll know which mod is causing the problem.

A PITA I know, but probably the only way of finding out for sure.

Old 07-29-10, 06:35 AM   #5574
poakung
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default how to run the GWX3-7 file (GWX.EXE)

Hello i'v been trying to innstall the GWX for 2 days now, i'v been lokking here on subsim forum for ansver to my problem, but no luck by search the forum threads

i have unninnstalled the sh3 game,and reinnstalled ,patched up to 1.4b (i gotXP os.), downloaded all the files from filefront and put them all in the same place as told., now comes my problem: when i click on the 7'th file (the exe file) my computer ask me what program i want to run the bin file in?
when i use windows help it answears that a bin file is a paert of an program ,and therefor there is no program that will run it...

What do i do wrong?
poakung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 06:52 AM   #5575
Kapitän
The Old Man

Quote:
Looks like you've a good mod mix thre. I'd suggest you disable all that didn't come with GWX and see if that sorts it.

If it does, enable one unnoficial mod at a time until the problem returns, then you'll know which mod is causing the problem.

A PITA I know, but probably the only way of finding out for sure.
Thanks for the hint. Do you have any suggestions from experience, which ones it could be or which ones have not yet, caused any such problems?
Old 07-29-10, 07:06 AM   #5576
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Thanks for the hint. Do you have any suggestions from experience, which ones it could be or which ones have not yet, caused any such problems?
It would be unfair for me to speculate because it may be deemed offensive by other mod makers.

What I will say is....it is not the fault of an official GWX mod because they were all thoroughly tested prior to inclusion/release with the mod.

I'm sorry but that is as much as I can say plus the fact we have always stipulated we cannot give technical assistance to third party/unnofficial mods.

You could always contact the mod makers themselves.

Old 07-29-10, 07:08 AM   #5577
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by poakung View Post
Hello i'v been trying to innstall the GWX for 2 days now, i'v been lokking here on subsim forum for ansver to my problem, but no luck by search the forum threads

i have unninnstalled the sh3 game,and reinnstalled ,patched up to 1.4b (i gotXP os.), downloaded all the files from filefront and put them all in the same place as told., now comes my problem: when i click on the 7'th file (the exe file) my computer ask me what program i want to run the bin file in?
when i use windows help it answears that a bin file is a paert of an program ,and therefor there is no program that will run it...

What do i do wrong?
Go to the GWX website (click on my sig) and follow the installation instructions to the letter.

I hope you deleted the SH3 folder in C\MyDocs and performed a registry file cleanup before commencing your latest installation.

Old 07-29-10, 07:19 AM   #5578
wolfpack_jim
Watch

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
At your service.
thanks mate !!!
wolfpack_jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-10, 08:11 AM   #5579
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

The pleasure is mine.

I've uploaded this set of GWX files rather recently so I still hope they're safe... But please, bear in mind what the Chief said :

Quote:
The only set of 100% safe files (until I can d/l those of Alex and confirm) are those from my FF account (link above my sig).

( http://www.filefront.com/user/JimbunaGWX2/ )

FF has been down for a few days but is back up again.
Old 07-29-10, 08:24 PM   #5580
brendan
Seaman

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Go to the GWX website (click on my sig) and follow the installation instructions to the letter.

I hope you deleted the SH3 folder in C\MyDocs and performed a registry file cleanup before commencing your latest installation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poakung View Post

What do i do wrong?

I get the same thing the exe file doesn't open on it's own and i dont know what program to use to open it anyone know?
brendan is offline   Reply With Quote