SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-10, 02:55 PM   #1
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3
Default Sub Map icon?

In SH3 and SH4 the Sub image on the nav map was controlled by the maps.cfg file. Where as the symbol zoom setting determined when the ship would show up as opposed to the circle with tail you get an low zoom levels.
I am trying to get a 3k bearing tool working in SH5 but the problem I am having is getting it to show up at lower zoom levels. Right now you can barely see the 1000m marks as the Icon with tool attached doesn't show up until you get too much zoom for it to be useful.

Anyone know where the info is held that determines when they ships symbol shows up at which zoom level?

Thanks
emtguf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 03:30 PM   #2
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

I Don't think there's files for each zoom level. You can find the sub smybol in each subs folder
e.g. C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7a\NSS_Uboat7a_shp.dds
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 04:21 PM   #3
emtguf
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 3

Yeah I edited those files, Im trying to figure out how to make it show up at lower zoom levels.
Right now it shows up at 2 clicks before max, want it to show up at 4 before.
Old way was to edit the maps.cfg file but this isnt making any difference now when I mod that file.
emtguf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-18, 10:18 PM   #4
Luc5821993
Nub

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

did you every find a way to do what you wanted and i am trying to do the same thing?
Luc5821993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-19, 02:48 AM   #5
vovandfr
Nub

Downloads: 88

Any way to do that?
vovandfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-19, 03:47 AM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

vovandfr!wellcome to the surface after a long silent run

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-19, 04:04 AM   #7
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vovandfr View Post
Any way to do that?

To set how the icons are shown on the map which is with tail, without tail, blue color for allies, grey color for all contacts, it' all in a mod collection from TheDarkWraith called

TDW_Add_On_Mods_v1_1_0.

It should be downloadable here at Subsim. I don't know if this is exactly what you want to do, but give it a try.

Here is the Readme:

----------------------------
v1.1.0

TDW Add-on mods contents:

No_Aircraft_Spotting_At_Depth_1_1_0 - disables the ability of your crew to spot aircraft when submerged. Aircraft will not appear on the maps while submerged

No_Color_Dashed_Contact_Line_1_1_0 - the hydrophone contact line is dashed so as to remove accuracy

No_Contact_Colors_1_1_0 - removes colors from contacts and contact lines

No_contact_shapes_or_colors_1_1_0 - removes all references to any contacts. i.e. NO contacts will be displayed on the maps. It is up to you to plot their positions

No_contact_shapes_or_colors_dashed_contact_line_1_ 1_0 - removes all references to any contacts and makes the hydrophone contact line dashed. i.e. NO contacts will be displayed on the maps. It is up to you to plot their positions

No_contact_shapes_or_colors_no_contact_line_1_1_0 - removes all references to any contacts and removes the hydrophone contact line. i.e. NO contacts will be displayed on the maps. It is up to you to plot their positions

No_Contact_Tails_1_1_0 - removes tails from contacts thus you can't tell what direction they are heading by looking at the maps.

No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_1_1_0 - you will not pickup hydrophone contacts unless you are at least ~9m depth

No_Hydrophone_On_Surface_No_Aircraft_Spotting_1_1_ 0 - you will not pickup hydrophone contacts unless you are at least ~9m depth. Also disables the ability of your crew to spot aircraft when submerged. Aircraft will not appear on the maps while submerged

TDW_Sub_Warship_Merchant_Same_Shape_1_1_0 - all the units (except aircraft) on the map will use the same shape (resembles star of david)

Waypoint_Contacts_No_Color_1_1_0 - when you drag a waypoint there are 'ghost' contacts that show on the maps. This will remove the colors of those 'ghost' contact so you cannot discern whether they are friendly, neutral, or enemy. They all will be shown in black.

Waypoint_Contact_No_Symbols_1_1_0 - when you drag a waypoint there are 'ghost' contacts that show on the maps. This will ensure they are not displayed. Note: tails will still be displayed!

Waypoint_Contacts_No_Tails_1_1_0 - when you drag a waypoint there are 'ghost' contacts that show on the maps. This will remove the tails off of the 'ghost' contacts. NOTE: enabling this will disable the 'tail' on your sub denoting which way your sub is heading and it will also remove the torpedo solution line

Waypoint_Contacts_Same_Shape_1_1_0 - when you drag a waypoint there are 'ghost' contacts that show on the maps. This will make all the symbols for those 'ghost' contacts the same symbol (it resembles the star of david)

Waypoint_Contacts_Same_Shape_No_Color_1_1_0 - when you drag a waypoint there are 'ghost' contacts that show on the maps. This will make all the symbols for those 'ghost' contacts the same symbol (it resembles the star of david) and remove the colors of those 'ghost' contact so you cannot discern whether they are friendly, neutral, or enemy. They all will be shown in black.
-----------------------

Cheers,
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-19, 04:20 AM   #8
vovandfr
Nub

Downloads: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
I don't know if this is exactly what you want to Cheers,
Thanks for your answer, these mods are great. But I want to do some other thing. I play with latest version of TWoS and game is great and all work fine. But one thing I want to change is map scale when my uboat is rendering as object - whith bearing overlays and distance circles (I use GWX Compass Rose Grid for SH5 mod, original thread https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...light=gwx+rose). Now it renders only on first largest scales (300 m and 600m) and I want to change it to bit smaller - 1500 m or so. In SH3 for do that I edited just one cgf-file, but now this way doesn't work. So my question was (as question of TS) is the any way to make this.

Last edited by vovandfr; 07-17-19 at 05:27 AM.
vovandfr is offline   Reply With Quote