SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-23-18, 04:02 PM   #316
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt
中国水兵

Downloads: 164
Uploads: 0

hi; i have a problem sir
I tried to play with SW campaign 1.3, but the game crush How can I resolve it?

Rapidi Ed Invisibili-the campaign (an italian mod for SH4)
Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-18, 01:49 PM   #317
Hotmanandre
Sparky

Downloads: 194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
hi; i have a problem sir
The game is already running on patch 1.0.7
Old 03-10-18, 07:02 PM   #318
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
hi; i have a problem sir
A straight forward question or PM works wonders... We lose so much time in life, not asking the right questions...

I asked the following:

Originally Posted by s7rikeback
Hello Hotmanandre,

Could you please tell me the correct install order for this mod to work please?

could you also supply the links to the correct files please ?

Prompt answer:
On the Russian version, the installation order is as follows:
1.0.5.5 Installer
http://www.mediafire.com/file/taviel...р%29.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nloi8u...h+SW+v_107.rar
others do not need.

Now, for the English, I would imagine the previous packs from [BFTB] would also work, however I have not yet tried it..
Old 06-08-18, 01:06 AM   #319
alestori
Swabbie

Downloads: 24
Icon9

Hi fellas,
i'm pretty new here and am attempting to play this mod.
however i've been constantly getting dead links for everything... when i get something to work, more problems show up and the solutions are dead links...
currently i was able to install the mod from NexusMods right here https://www.nexusmods.com/silenthunt.../281?tab=files but the menu is a bunch of senseless characters, not even cyrillic which i kind of understand.
i am currently downloading from the links posted right above by s7rikeback, but it seems it doesn't have english version? i am sorry if i'm being such a noob, but could anyone direct me to the english version, if there is one? i sincerely thank anyone who can help!
alestori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-18, 01:42 AM   #320
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

alestori!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-18, 08:17 AM   #321
alestori
Swabbie

Well, turned out working alright, no big issues. It's all in Russian, even after using the BFB English mod. All the important parts, at least. But I believe I know the way to translate it all to English, though it would take a LO....ONG time. I would basically have to translate every single .tsr file within "Addon Soviet Waterway\Data\Campaigns\CampaignGE\PatrolObjective s" AND within "Addon Soviet Waterway\Data\Campaigns\CampaignGE\DynamicMiss". With that I believe the mod would be pretty much completely understandable for any English speaker, because the mission files and contact reports would be translated. The only things left in Russian would be the crew names, vessel names, weapons and torpedoes descriptions and whatnot. But I don't know where to modify that, and either way I can manage as it is.
In the mean time, I think I'm about to learn some Russian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
alestori!
And thank you, Herr Kaleu!
Old 06-09-18, 10:00 AM   #322
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I thought that someone in this thread had done that already... Let me look, and / or see if we can get s7rikeback's attention. Maybe he remembers...

... and "Welcome to SubSim alestori!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-18, 10:07 AM   #323
alestori
Swabbie

Well, I looked a while and didn't find a COMPLETE english translation. I downloaded BFB English Campaign v2 and it's pretty much all in Russia except for a few things. Idk if I'm doing something wrong here, but that's pretty much it.
Atm I'm playing it in Russian, perhaps I'll learn a bit being a huge USSR fanatic I guess it adds a bit of emotion and immersion to it.

EDIT: Well, I believe I had to go into "American Campaign" to get the translated version. But when i lauch it, the games instantly crashes.

Last edited by alestori; 06-09-18 at 10:21 AM.
Old 06-09-18, 10:33 AM   #324
propbeanie

Are you referring to this?:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...18#post1234618

There have been other updates... but I don't recall where I've seen them...

Old 06-09-18, 10:39 AM   #325
alestori
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Precisely, that's the one i'm trying to get to work. I'm trying every mod "combination" to see if it doesn't crash, but so far no luck.

Quote:
There have been other updates... but I don't recall where I've seen them...
M8 if you or anyone would know if there has been an update and where it is, i would be eternaly greateful!
Old 06-09-18, 11:50 AM   #326
propbeanie

The old mod order is in this post:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...75#post1439875

...which is a little before this next one I'm listing. This is where hotmanandre posts about stopping BftB, and rolling it into "Soviet Waterways" - which I think changed names and was updated just recently:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...76#post1903376

These links are in this thread, and what I'm trying to find is the link to their new site. You'll have to 'translate page' as you go in though. I don't think they've finished their English translation for the mod yet. That is a major task for any mod...

Edit: this is one of the links I was looking for:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...88#post2406688

There are dead links in there also, if I'm remembering correctly...

Edit 2: I forgot to mention that I did have this working on my machine, with enough English (combined with my SH4 game knowledge) to find my way through a few patrols. I have the install on one of my old laptop hard drives. If I can find it, and I haven't blown the files away, I'll post with a mod list that I used... In the meantime, I did call for the cavalry, and we'll see if we can get some truly helpful advice...

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-09-18 at 12:53 PM. Reason: linkie - oldmanitis
Old 06-09-18, 12:58 PM   #327
s7rikeback
I break things

Quote:
The old mod order is in this post:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...75#post1439875

...which is a little before this next one I'm listing. This is where hotmanandre posts about stopping BftB, and rolling it into "Soviet Waterways" - which I think changed names and was updated just recently:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...76#post1903376

These links are in this thread, and what I'm trying to find is the link to their new site. You'll have to 'translate page' as you go in though. I don't think they've finished their English translation for the mod yet. That is a major task for any mod...

Edit: this is one of the links I was looking for:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...88#post2406688

There are dead links in there also, if I'm remembering correctly...

Edit 2: I forgot to mention that I did have this working on my machine, with enough English (combined with my SH4 game knowledge) to find my way through a few patrols. I have the install on one of my old laptop hard drives. If I can find it, and I haven't blown the files away, I'll post with a mod list that I used... In the meantime, I did call for the cavalry, and we'll see if we can get some truly helpful advice...

Their site - But as PB states you will need google translate to view.

I did fully translate, the roster files, but lost the file.

But I do have the files somewhere to convert the font back to english... Goes to look..

Update 1# As PB also stated, there is no English pack for this version yet.. - still lookin... for that font pack... i know it's here somewhere.

Last edited by s7rikeback; 06-09-18 at 03:16 PM.
s7rikeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-18, 06:37 PM   #328
s7rikeback
I break things

OK,
found that file:

All this does is replace the menu.txt. from Russian to English. So the main menu is in English.

As I said before, I had a full "google translation" of the rosters but lost it due to a USB drive crash... When I have the time, I will re-create the roster file.

As to the main game translations, I use the map to find my missions, and as another poster has said, translating into English for non-Russian speakers is such a long process for us.

But then you have to ask yourself, If we have problems, then the SOM Group also have their own problems in translating into English...

Fingers crossed between all of us, this mod will soon be playable for all.

But I have to say.... there's another MOD from mother Russia in town.
Old 06-09-18, 08:58 PM   #329
alestori
Swabbie

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
OK,
found that file:

All this does is replace the menu.txt. from Russian to English. So the main menu is in English.

As I said before, I had a full "google translation" of the rosters but lost it due to a USB drive crash... When I have the time, I will re-create the roster file.

As to the main game translations, I use the map to find my missions, and as another poster has said, translating into English for non-Russian speakers is such a long process for us.

But then you have to ask yourself, If we have problems, then the SOM Group also have their own problems in translating into English...

Well, I'm gonna try exactly as you posted, only without the Quick Start mod. Idk if I'm correct, but the BFB English Campaign v2 should replace the German campaign files, right? Because in the version I have, the files replace the stock campaign files, so I changed the name adding the "GE" to the end of BFB English Campaign v2\Data\UPCData and BFB English Campaign v2\Data\CampaignsCampaign.
As long as some really basic stuff are in English, I can manage to sail through the game alright, translating a few things with Google Translate app. As I said, in the process I get to learn a bit of a new language, so that doesn't sound bad at all.
Atm I already managed to have BFB English Campaign v2 working and getting into the campaign, but I'm getting a lot of CTDs. I was using a few other mods that perhaps were causing this: RealMine, Russia Radio, Russian Voice Crew, sh4 Soviet Awards and Nomograph. I'll try with and without them and see what gives. Anyhow, thanks a lot for all the patience and hope the team keep up the good work, it's fenomenal.

Old 11-03-18, 11:03 PM   #330
FurphyForum
Shore leave

Downloads: 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
OK,
found that file:

@s7rikeback; Did you manage to find your full roster files for this game? I am struggling to play this as I would really like to know if I am to mine or sink vessels for the missions

cheers
FurphyForum is offline   Reply With Quote