SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-21-17, 04:42 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Exclamation Experian Site Can Give Anyone Your Credit Freeze PIN

I may be in Germany, but in Germany bank accounts are not much better protected. Thats why I have set caps to my bank account, and withdrawn all money that is beyond one month's budget.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2017/09/...it-freeze-pin/

Quote:
An alert reader recently pointed my attention to a free online service offered by big-three credit bureau Experian that allows anyone to request the personal identification number (PIN) needed to unlock a consumer credit file that was previously frozen at Experian.
Digitize your money stock, and life! Digital is safe. We all must be digital. Digital is how to live better. No more cash money! Digital money fights crime, terror, immoral behaviour, it promotes social justice and equality and makes everybody transparent - to the state! Digitalis safe! Have a little faith in politicians wanting to lure you into cahsless society and digital payment schemes! They mean it only well! And they know it better. Really!
Old 09-21-17, 06:01 PM   #2
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I have no fear if someone should by some chance get their finger on my credit cards number.

Not that I'm going to give it away freely I'm very strictly about when and where I use it.

Here's why I'm not really worried.

Each time I use my credit card, domestic or abroad my Credit card provide send me a text message with a conformation code that I have to put on a new side.

I place an order, fill in my address and credit card number, press buy and I are directed to a new page and 2-3 second later I hear I got a message on my smart phone.

I have about 3-5 minutes to fill the numbers into a field on this page and click on confirm

So if someone should get my credit card and try to buy something with my credit card they will not succeed. They also have to steal my phone.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-17, 03:44 PM   #3
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

And, Mapuc, commonsense things like to cell phone dual ratification that you use in Europe are exactly what nobody in the United States will implement. In Europe credit card fraud is very rare. In the US it's the primary way credit cards are used! Wonder if adopting European procedures might benefit us? NAW!!!!! Forget that! It's probably only a coincidence.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote