SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
Mods and files for every subsim!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2008, 04:50 PM   #61
Friedl9te
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 268
Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default

Maybe you find it useful to take a look here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ptember23.mspx
__________________
Gute Jagd Ihr Himmelhunde

Friedl9te
Friedl9te SilentHunter III Help Thread (Sorry in German)
Friedl9te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:23 PM   #62
Tomcattwo
Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montclair VA
Posts: 84
Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Replies

Friedl9te said:
Quote:
Sometimes it turns out that two versions are accepted equally by the recengine so I compared up to 32 only slightly different samples to find out the best ones. It is quite interesting.
Yes, I tried to write the voice commands so that several different ways of issuing the same command (in both German and English) could be understood by the SAPI and properly acted upon. Feel free to add additional commands into your version to "personalize" it for the way you like to give your orders. I think you see (from a later post) that you have to spell the voice order out phonetically in the voice_commands.csv file. There is no "automated" way to get a phonetic spelling that I am aware of. Moreover, dialectic pronunciations can also cause problems - those you may have to personalize as well.

Make sure you read the SH4Speech Help files to understand how to properly add and remove commands from the .csv files. PM me if you have difficulties with it.

Archive1 said:
Quote:
OK, I owe Tomcattwo et al an apology. Should have known it was something I was doing. I now get everything to work except the known tube one opening problem.

I have learned that you need to keep holding down the ` key longer to let the program catch up. If you do, it just works perfectly with every command I've thrown at it. Although I've not tried the helm/rudder orders ("come right to 8 degrees" etc).

My bad, guys. It's a great program...even better once we can better manage the tubes. Always have the old mouse to use as a wrench to open and close tubes 2 through 5/6!
Heh no problem Version 1.01 should allow for proper and correct operation of all tubes. You can download it from page 1 of this thread (just click on the link in my sig). Please follow the instructions carefully for updating from V1.00 to V1.01. Some other hints and tips for SH3Speech users: 1) Read the FAQ - it tells you where common problems lie (such as holding down the press to talk key long enough, or how to change from press to talk mode to "open mike" mode). 2) Make sure you look at the IKH (Innenkommunikationen Handbuch) for what orders are recognized.

For helm orders, we have not yet found a good way to DIRECTLY order a course to steer - course orders are given by telling the helmsman "Come left ____ degrees" or Come right ____ degrees" or in German "Auf ____ grad steuerbord (backbord) gehen" rather than "Come rigght TO 8 degrees"

The reason we cannot give direct course orders is that SHSpeech would have to know what course you are on in SH3 at any given instant in order to be able to properly calculate what course you wanted to be on when you gave a new course order. This is because we cannot directly input the "Steer ____ course" command in SH3 (there is a keypress order you can see in the commands_en.cfg file with SHKey, but the command doesn't work) - course orders can only be given by clicking on the course dial in game. When you order "come right ___ degrees", SHSpeech knows how far to move the mouse from "top dead center" of the dial to carry out your order. But unless it always knows what true course value is at the top of the dial at any point in time, it can't know how much to translate the mouse to get to the (new) value you want. I tried to find a way but as yet have not been successful, so we are stuck with the less desirable, bus still workable, alternative of ordering the helm to come ___ right or left.

In real life (at least in the US Navy) the Captain of a ship would NOT directly order a course to the helmsman anyway or he would automatically (according to the Navy Regulations) assume control of the conn from the Conning Officer (who is usually the Officer of the Deck, but not always), which is usually not desirable (unless the ship is standing into danger, and then the CO WOULD do this, and immediately the quartermaster would announce "The Captain has the Conn!") However, the Captain often WILL tell the Conning Officer to come right or left some number of degrees if he/she wants the Conning Officer to do that for some reason, without assuming control of the conn himself.

OneLifeCrisis said:
Quote:
That link leads to a page with half a dozen downloads and not terribly clear descriptions of what each one does (in fact some of them don't even have descriptions - thanks Microsoft! ).

I looked through the mod documentation and couldn't find anything telling me which of those downloads I want. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
OLC
OLC, sorry bout that - We'll clarify which SAPI file to download in the next update to SH3Speech. As Friedl9te said, the correct download is: SpeechSDK51.exe

I really hope you enjoy this program as much as I have enjoyed OLC GUI and OLC Environment

Friedl9te said:
Quote:
Maybe you find it useful to take a look here: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ptember23.mspx
Excellent link, Friedl9te! Thanks for sharing that!

R/
TC2
__________________
Download the latest version of SH3Speech - Voice Recognition in English and German for SH3:
SH3Speech Version 1.01

Last edited by Tomcattwo; 03-26-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:19 PM   #63
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: England
Posts: 4,028
Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcattwo
I really hope you enjoy this program as much as I have enjoyed OLC GUI and OLC Environment
So far I'm impressed!

As ever, MS voice recognition sometimes gets it wrong but of course this is nothing to do with the mod itself, which is really good. I was a bit (in the good way) the first time my mouse went off and carried out a command on it's own!

Great work and thanks!
__________________
Freedom of speech - priceless. For everything else there's Mastercard.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 AM   #64
Friedl9te
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 268
Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcattwo
Friedl9te said:
Quote:
Sometimes it turns out that two versions are accepted equally by the recengine so I compared up to 32 only slightly different samples to find out the best ones. It is quite interesting.
Yes, I tried to write the voice commands so that several different ways of issuing the same command (in both German and English) could be understood by the SAPI and properly acted upon. Feel free to add additional commands into your version to "personalize" it for the way you like to give your orders. I think you see (from a later post) that you have to spell the voice order out phonetically in the voice_commands.csv file. There is no "automated" way to get a phonetic spelling that I am aware of. Moreover, dialectic pronunciations can also cause problems - those you may have to personalize as well.
TC2
What I really meant is not two(or more) different commands but two or more slightly different phonetivc versions for the same pronounciation. They all adress the same issue. The recengine is not made to understand german so this way gives a better chance that it understands german commands. I played around with it, just the speech window open and gave this commands and it was interesting to see that the recengine regognizes all of the Versions I filtered out thus enhancing the chance of correct interpretation up to nearly 100%

Two examples:

2,Navigation Map,NahveegatzeonsCarteh,Auf Deutsch
2,Navigation Map,NavihgatzeonsCarteh,Auf Deutsch

3,Attack Periscope,Angriffseeroar,Auf Deutsch
3,Attack Periscope,Angriffseeroa,Auf Deutsch
3,Attack Periscope,Ahngriffseeroar,Auf Deutsch
3,Attack Periscope,Ahngriffseeroa,Auf Deutsch
__________________
Gute Jagd Ihr Himmelhunde

Friedl9te
Friedl9te SilentHunter III Help Thread (Sorry in German)

Last edited by Friedl9te; 03-27-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Friedl9te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #65
bracer
Planesman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 189
Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default

Hey!
I have troubles getting Sapi 5.1 to work properly, I'm using Vista!? Anyone else had any troubles with Vista and sapi?
/Bracer

edit: Apperantly the Swedish version of Vista doesn't support speech recognition, and I can't find any work-around.....
Damn I hate Sweden.....

Last edited by bracer; 03-27-2008 at 06:39 PM.
bracer is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #66
Tomcattwo
Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montclair VA
Posts: 84
Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Replies

Friedl9te said:
Quote:
What I really meant is not two(or more) different commands but two or more slightly different phonetivc versions for the same pronounciation. They all adress the same issue. The recengine is not made to understand german so this way gives a better chance that it understands german commands. I played around with it, just the speech window open and gave this commands and it was interesting to see that the recengine regognizes all of the Versions I filtered out thus enhancing the chance of correct interpretation up to nearly 100%
Ah I see. Basically, you are simply "personalizing" your version of SH3Speech for the way you pronounce (your dialect) to help minimize errors for you - that's excellent! I am not a natural German speaker, and even with some fine help from Jaeger on the German commands, my phonetics may not all be "100%" for the way many natural speaking Germans might pronounce. Have at it, Freidl9te - whatever works best for you! Hope you are enjoying the program.

Bracer said:
Quote:
Hey!
I have troubles getting Sapi 5.1 to work properly, I'm using Vista!? Anyone else had any troubles with Vista and sapi?
/Bracer

edit: Apperantly the Swedish version of Vista doesn't support speech recognition, and I can't find any work-around.....
Damn I hate Sweden.....
Bracer, I wasn't aware of any issues with Vista, but I don't run Vista (gotta stay with XP Pro!) Sorry to hear that. Not much I can do for you there. Maybe Minsc_tdp has some info that could help.

OLC said:
Quote:
So far I'm impressed!

As ever, MS voice recognition sometimes gets it wrong but of course this is nothing to do with the mod itself, which is really good. I was a bit (in the good way) the first time my mouse went off and carried out a command on it's own!

Great work and thanks!
Gotta love it when you get the OLC "Good Housekeeping" Seal of Approaval :rotfl:
Glad you are enjoying it. Another nice feature is that you don't HAVE to use it all the time - you can do voice orders when you want or just mouse and keyboard when you don't feel like yelling at your crew to do stuff

R/
TC2
__________________
Download the latest version of SH3Speech - Voice Recognition in English and German for SH3:
SH3Speech Version 1.01
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:09 AM   #67
Friedl9te
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 268
Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default

Together with OLCes Gui this Mod counts to the GNSME (GreatestNonSuperModsEver)
__________________
Gute Jagd Ihr Himmelhunde

Friedl9te
Friedl9te SilentHunter III Help Thread (Sorry in German)
Friedl9te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #68
bracer
Planesman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 189
Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default

Hey!
When I launch the app before starting SH3 it says "Listening...", is that correct behavior or should the app hide it self when I launch it? But then the app should react when I say something in the mic right??
Must get this mod working.....
/Bracer
bracer is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #69
Tomcattwo
Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montclair VA
Posts: 84
Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Reply

Bracer said:
Quote:
Hey!
When I launch the app before starting SH3 it says "Listening...", is that correct behavior or should the app hide it self when I launch it? But then the app should react when I say something in the mic right??
Must get this mod working.....
/Bracer
Hey! Yep that's perfectly normal. Leave the Dos window up (or minimize it if you wish - just don't close it) and just start up SH3 as you normally would (with or without SH3Commander). In fact, you can run SH3Speech without even starting up SH3. Once that box is up and listening, give some orders and you should see within the box that SHSpeech is processing your orders. If it's not processing any orders, most likely cause is that your microphone isn't passing voice info to your computer. Check your windows volume control and make sure the microphone is the selected input device.

Have fun! When you are finished playing SH3, and have shut down SH3, just shut down SH3Speech as well.
R/
TC2
__________________
Download the latest version of SH3Speech - Voice Recognition in English and German for SH3:
SH3Speech Version 1.01
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #70
bracer
Planesman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 189
Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default

Hey!
Thx for the reply.
OK, then, my mic is working fine, because I can record my self speaking with the windows sound recorder.... Something is wrong since I can't get SH3 speech to react! As I wrote earlier my Swedish OS don't have Speech recog. implemented, so when I open the Vista control panel/Speech recog. I see that SAPI is installed because there are new options, but when I press start Speech recog setup I get an error. Do you think that Sh3Speech should work even though the speech recog thingy that allows one to control the computer doesn't function on my OS??
Hope you understand what I meen....
/Bracer
bracer is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:04 AM   #71
Tomcattwo
Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montclair VA
Posts: 84
Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Reply

Bracer said:
Quote:
Hey!
Thx for the reply.
OK, then, my mic is working fine, because I can record my self speaking with the windows sound recorder.... Something is wrong since I can't get SH3 speech to react! As I wrote earlier my Swedish OS don't have Speech recog. implemented, so when I open the Vista control panel/Speech recog. I see that SAPI is installed because there are new options, but when I press start Speech recog setup I get an error. Do you think that Sh3Speech should work even though the speech recog thingy that allows one to control the computer doesn't function on my OS??
Hope you understand what I meen....
/Bracer
I understand what you mean. Without the SAPI (Microsoft voice recognition software) functioning, SH3Speech will not work correctly. Based on your report, your microphone is set up properly and is working. Sounds like the SAPI is not. Without the SAPI, your computer cannot recognize what you are saying. Try sending a PM to Minsc_tdp (he is the author of the SHSpeech software) he may have some ideas.

I don't know if the SAPI has any other requirements such as NET 2.0 or something. You might look on Microsoft's website to see if others are having a similar problem with Swedish Vista and maybe there is some info there that can help you get the SAPI up and working.

Sorry
R/
TC2
__________________
Download the latest version of SH3Speech - Voice Recognition in English and German for SH3:
SH3Speech Version 1.01
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:35 AM   #72
bracer
Planesman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 189
Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default

I will find a solution! Thx for your reply!
Really eager to try this program!!!!!!!
/Bracer
bracer is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 AM   #73
Friedl9te
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Austria
Posts: 268
Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer
I will find a solution! Thx for your reply!
Really eager to try this program!!!!!!!
/Bracer

Maybe you find a hint here. --->

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ptember23.mspx


And good News from M$: The first three Microsoft speech engines that are available are Simplified Chinese, U.S. English, and Japanese. Engines for other languages will become available.
__________________
Gute Jagd Ihr Himmelhunde

Friedl9te
Friedl9te SilentHunter III Help Thread (Sorry in German)
Friedl9te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:53 PM   #74
Rubini
Ocean Warrior
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: São Paulo Brazil
Posts: 2,754
Downloads: 126
Uploads: 0
Default

Just to say thank you for this great mod/work!
Works perfectly here.
__________________
One gamer's must-have mod is another gamer's waste of time.
-Sailor Steve
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:57 PM   #75
Tomcattwo
Loader
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montclair VA
Posts: 84
Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Replies

Rubini said:
Quote:
Just to say thank you for this great mod/work!
Works perfectly here.
[/bow] I am honored, Rubini, for a compliment from one of the premier modders of SH3. I am pleased that you find this mod useful. S! And,(to return the compliment) I can't wait to get water streams for the VIIC!! I am really looking forward to this and your other enhancements, as well as your cooperative efforts with AvH! Excellent stuff.
R/
TC2
__________________
Download the latest version of SH3Speech - Voice Recognition in English and German for SH3:
SH3Speech Version 1.01
Tomcattwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997- 2017 Subsim