SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-09, 11:26 PM   #571
SpeedyPC
Officer

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 0

Tommy you need a break buddy it time you should get otherwise your falling way to much in love what your doing, somebody should look after him.
SpeedyPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-09, 11:59 PM   #572
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Fantastic , Can you tell me please if you think those engines have a oil pressure and RPM gauges ? , thank you
Old 02-19-09, 12:00 AM   #573
{1.SS}Eberhardt
Maschinist

Downloads: 3

I saw this engine room in my dream last night. Deja vu!
{1.SS}Eberhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 02:11 AM   #574
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Downloads: 426
Default Thank all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by {1.SS}Eberhardt
I saw this engine room in my dream last night. Deja vu!
@LukeFF

The whole point about my gag pic was to point out that it's not some mod group that is the driving force behind bringing Tomi's engine room to life. Without the help and support of Skwasjer this mod would be not much more than a well-created and rendered model without sounds or animations. I will not stand by idly and watch a single modding group take the credit for a mod that they know darn good and well was the work of more than just one person.

@SPeedyPC
Tommy you need a break buddy

I hope that we can fulfill your dream, and here I am aware we are, because it is for one person too much work.

Thank all!
, But your flowers still hold me upright!

Last edited by Tomi_099; 02-19-09 at 02:49 AM.
Tomi_099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 02:47 AM   #575
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk
Fantastic , Can you tell me please if you think those engines have a oil pressure and RPM gauges ? , thank you

The idea was that of type II has everything, so as to tell is to ride.

If anything I have forgotten what one in (Vesikko Type II) can not see,
I ask you to inform me and maybe some pictures, if you did, you send me (or blueprint).

Thank you advance!
Old 02-19-09, 08:00 AM   #576
SpeedyPC
Officer

Downloads: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomi_099
But your flowers still hold me upright!
Tommy buddy flowers are not the magic key to hold you upright Come ooooon Tommy take a break do some push up

Tommy I can tell your not on the other end of the fishing line grab a hook mate and catch the mighty Great White Shark cause it keep you busy and your mind will become a lot clear.
SpeedyPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 09:33 AM   #577
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

My opinion only: this is no time to fight about credit for a mod that has not been published. At this point in development, there are probably ten mods that never see the light of day for each one that actually reaches completion. If this is one of the nine, then all the drama is about nothing.

If this is to be the one, then encouragement is what is needed here. Tomi has enough obstacles without prima donnas trying to inject conflict and accusation into the process too. As Tomi has already said, he is not enough to get the job done.

But Tomi is in charge of his mod. If he wants to go into partnership with the Russian Mafia to get the job done, that may be wrong, but to be wrong is his right. It is NOT our right to challenge him or belittle him for decisions he makes. Well, I suppose it is, but he has a right to ignore the psychobabble. This is 100% Tomi's mod, rights conferred by Mikhayl some months ago. If Tomi needs help, he has the right to ask. If Tomi wants it released as part of GWX4, he has the right to do that. If he wishes to make it a separate mod only after release of GWX4, he has that right. If he wishes to just quit to spite all the detractors, he has that right too.

What he's doing is difficult. It's never been done before. Why did he pick the Type II U-Boat when everyone knows that this work would better have been expended on a nice fleet boat? Who cares? Ever notice that lots of things, like running a four minute mile, are impossible? Then one person finally does it. Suddenly the impossible becomes routine and everybody is running 4 minute miles! This will happen here. You don't like this specific work? That isn't important. The techniques used here will make possible all kinds of projects unrelated to this one and will end up benefiting everyone in ways that cannot be imagined right now.

Unless negative people succeed in killing Tomi's will to complete his project, as Mikhayl was dissuaded from his projects earlier. Cannibalism has no place in a healthy forum.

FREE TOMI!!!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 09:36 AM   #578
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
The whole point about my gag pic was to point out that it's not some mod group that is the driving force behind bringing Tomi's engine room to life. Without the help and support of Skwasjer this mod would be not much more than a well-created and rendered model without sounds or animations. I will not stand by idly and watch a single modding group take the credit for a mod that they know darn good and well was the work of more than just one person.
It would have had a more positive effect to add Skwasjer's name to the GWX logo in your gag, than to remove the GWX logo. Skwasjer is to be commended for his contribution to this effort, he's been a bedrock of modding ideas. However, if I understand correctly, Tomi placed the GWX logo on his screens of his own free will, and he did not mean to exclude or dismiss Skwasjer's part in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
My opinion only: this is no time to fight about credit for a mod that has not been published. At this point in development, there are probably ten mods that never see the light of day for each one that actually reaches completion. If this is one of the nine, then all the drama is about nothing.

If this is to be the one, then encouragement is what is needed here. Tomi has enough obstacles without prima donnas trying to inject conflict and accusation into the process too. As Tomi has already said, he is not enough to get the job done.

But Tomi is in charge of his mod. If he wants to go into partnership with the Russian Mafia to get the job done, that may be wrong, but to be wrong is his right. It is NOT our right to challenge him or belittle him for decisions he makes. Well, I suppose it is, but he has a right to ignore the psychobabble. This is 100% Tomi's mod, rights conferred by Mikhayl some months ago. If Tomi needs help, he has the right to ask. If Tomi wants it released as part of GWX4, he has the right to do that. If he wishes to make it a separate mod only after release of GWX4, he has that right. If he wishes to just quit to spite all the detractors, he has that right too.

All right, I'll let you have the last word on this, now, let's continue on the subject, please. Any further posts about the side topic will be removed.

Neal
Admin
Old 02-19-09, 11:05 AM   #579
{1.SS}Eberhardt
Maschinist

Downloads: 3

Agreed. I think Tomi is doing us all a great service. Even if it doesnt go through, god forbid, then we all got to enjoy the anticipation of something on this scale. And it may and probably has kickstarted some modders on making things along these lines.
For those of us who are dedicated to the mod, we need to support Tomi in any way we can. Research, ideas, suggestions, moral support etc.
Either way, I am really looking forward to some more screens

PS I kind of want to build a diesel powerplant like that into my mud truck (79 K5 Blazer). Imagine the power

Weiter so Tomi, und nim dir deine Zeit. Kein Druck von uns und wir sind immer Hilfsbereit.
{1.SS}Eberhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 12:04 PM   #580
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schroeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
Seriously, the forum needs to be repaired, why is edit broken most of the time?
Are you using Firefox 2.something ? I couldn't youse the delete/edit functions as well when I used the old Firefox version. After upgrading to 3.x it's all running well.
"Upgraded FF"... the new location bar (address bar) is AWFUL. If I didn't find the plugin to make it act like an address bar I would have reinstalled FF2, or never used FF again. WTF were they thinking?

There is an add-on for FF called "Old Location Bar" that effectively fixes it, BTW.

Last edited by tater; 02-19-09 at 02:43 PM.
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-09, 08:03 PM   #581
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Old 02-19-09, 08:26 PM   #582
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Tomi, how are you at making Fairbanks Morse diesels Nice work!
Old 02-20-09, 05:38 AM   #583
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

extremly nice work!!!

great

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 07:36 AM   #584
Tomi_099
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch
extremly nice work!!!

great
@ AVGWarhawk

Thanks for the Komplimment,

by the way, has something heard somwhat of Mikhayl !
I would like to know whether he's VIIc Works ??
Old 02-20-09, 07:46 AM   #585
Turbografx
Old Stormalong

Downloads: 104

Oh man, so beautiful. I can't wait to be plodding along in my cozy Type II!
Turbografx is offline   Reply With Quote