SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-24-15, 03:55 PM   #1291
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
radar

by the way...

This Topic here is obsolete / only for OLD version LSH3 V5.1 Edition 2009.

All NEW version players LSH3 V15 Edition 2015 please post only in the new SubSim topic here:

» LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 - News, Download & Support

Thanks, Urmel
Urmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 07:37 AM   #1292
gloog
Watch

Downloads: 48
Default LSH 7zip file

Hi all,

I downloaded the LSH Single file last night and when I try to install the mod it asks for a Password saying the 7zip file was encrypted.

Where do I get the password or what is a work around?

Thanks
gloog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-15, 09:24 AM   #1293
jscharpf
Frogman

Downloads: 294
Default my feedback

Hello all,
I just wanted to provide my feedback on LSH3 2015.

I don't know if something was fixed, but I downloaded the first revision back in the summer, and the mod worked great but I had the same issue some others had, where you would see these strange DirectX pop ups (about 24 of them) during the game start up. I know it had something to do with my graphics, and didn't affect the game, I just had to click on through all of the messages until I got to the main menu.

Recently, I did a clean re-install of SH3, and downloaded the latest version of LSH3 2015, and I no longer see these pop ups. At that same time, I also set my NVIDIA graphics card according to the recommendations. Now with the new version, I no longer see the pop ups.

Regarding the mod. I think it looks great. The way that 4G patch, SHC, HSIE, etc.. are all integrated into the installation is fabulous! This is one of easiest mods I've ever installed!

The interface is well done. I always liked the idea of having to make a "milk" run with a new sub. Original!

The graphics look superb, always loved LSH3 port activity!

The one thing I'm missing (or can't find) is the AOB calculator. That would be nice to play with.

Also, is there any way to add the Magui type interface?

The point system (in this mod and all mods) always confused me. I have no idea if I should ignore the renown or not. Do I care if I don't make it to the assigned grid? Since the upgrades are cheap, do I care about renown?

Finally, so far I have no bugs or issues. It's working well.

Thanks again to the team for making an old game new again! Your efforts are very much appreciated.
jscharpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-15, 12:02 PM   #1294
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

First to gloog...

+++++++++++++++++++++
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloog View Post
Hi all,
I downloaded the LSH Single file last night and when I try to install the mod it asks for a Password saying the 7zip file was encrypted.
Where do I get the password or what is a work around?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloog View Post
Hi
Downloaded LSH last night and went to install as per PDF but extraction file asking for a PASSWORD........any ideas......????
Cheers in advance!
+++++++++++++++++++++

Dear gloog

Please stop post same questions (about LSH3 v15) doubletime here in topic LSH3 V5.1!!!

++++++++++++++++++++

The solution to your Installation problem is simple.

There is no need a password to install LSH3 Edition 2015!

I wrote the solution to your problem here:

LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 - News & Download > Solution cloog :-)

++++++++++++++++++++

To all LSH3 Editon 2015 players.

Please stop post here further quetions to LSH3 Edition 2015!

The main topic Edition 2015 V15 is here:

» LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 - News & Download
Old 09-26-15, 12:37 PM   #1295
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscharpf View Post
Hello all,
I just wanted to provide my feedback on LSH3 2015.

I don't know if something was fixed, but I downloaded the first revision back in the summer, and the mod worked great but I had the same issue some others had, where you would see these strange DirectX pop ups (about 24 of them) during the game start up. I know it had something to do with my graphics, and didn't affect the game, I just had to click on through all of the messages until I got to the main menu.

Recently, I did a clean re-install of SH3, and downloaded the latest version of LSH3 2015, and I no longer see these pop ups. At that same time, I also set my NVIDIA graphics card according to the recommendations. Now with the new version, I no longer see the pop ups.

Regarding the mod. I think it looks great. The way that 4G patch, SHC, HSIE, etc.. are all integrated into the installation is fabulous! This is one of easiest mods I've ever installed!

The interface is well done. I always liked the idea of having to make a "milk" run with a new sub. Original!

The graphics look superb, always loved LSH3 port activity!

The one thing I'm missing (or can't find) is the AOB calculator. That would be nice to play with.

Also, is there any way to add the Magui type interface?

The point system (in this mod and all mods) always confused me. I have no idea if I should ignore the renown or not. Do I care if I don't make it to the assigned grid? Since the upgrades are cheap, do I care about renown?

Finally, so far I have no bugs or issues. It's working well.

Thanks again to the team for making an old game new again! Your efforts are very much appreciated.
++++++++++++++++++++

Dear jscharpf

The working LSH team are glad about your feedback to V15.

But, like i wrote before, please ask and answer your V15 informations in the official LSH3 Edition 2015 Download, Help & Support Topic - NOT HERE!

I answer our there! :-)

Tnx Urmel
Old 10-23-15, 02:05 AM   #1296
Giezer1984
Swabbie

Downloads: 10
Default Problem Steam SH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbeck139 View Post
Hello All,

I just wanted to post this for anyone who has a “Steam” copy of Living Silent Hunter III and wishes to install the LSH3 2015 Version. If you have already tried to install the LSH3 2015 Super Mod you probably have already run into the error “SH3 must not be installed in this path! Please install SH3 anywhere else!” Here is a workaround to that issue, so far I have not encountered any issues doing this if there is I will update this post.

1.) I suggest you have a fresh clean install of SH3 on your pc before trying to proceed further. I would uninstall and delete any remaining files left on your pc from steam. Next re-install the game on your pc. (I heavily recommend doing this to avoid any possible issues)

2.) Next you will need to locate your SH3.exe file. Go to your game root folder usually located in C:/ Program Files / Steam / Steamapps / Common / Silent Hunter 3 and copy the “Silent Hunter 3” folder to your desktop.

3.) Now to save yourself some headaches you must eliminate all spaces from the file name. It doesn’t matter what you call it just remove the spaces for example Silent_Hunter_3, SH3, Silent_Hunter etc. you get the point.

4.) If you have not already I would download the LSH3 2015 Edition and install the mod according to the instructions just remember to when the installation asks you to find the root folder it will be the one located on your desktop not in the steam folder.

5.) ENJOY!

Hopefully this post helps anyone who has steam out.

Happy Hunting!
-Cbeck139

This didnt work for me unfortunaly. Gives me an error when trying to startup the copied SH3.

Thanks any way
Giezer1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-15, 02:20 AM   #1297
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Giezer1984!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-15, 05:29 AM   #1298
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-15, 10:14 AM   #1299
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Giezer

If you read the installation manual it is does state that Steam is not compatible with LSH3-2015.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 12:42 PM   #1300
BattleRabbit
Watch

Downloads: 68

Hey guys,

I am having an issue with torpedoes going strait to 25m after launch no matter what depth I set it to, I can't figure out what's causing it.

Does anybody have an idea what the issue could be?

Thanks
-Rabbit
BattleRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-15, 07:14 PM   #1301
KingOfNothing22
Nub

Downloads: 171

Having a lot of trouble trying these workarounds for Steam versions. Copying everything into a new directory didn't seem to work, then I started getting a launch error so I tried to get round that, then when it seemed to get past that I had a "cannot initialize 3D engine" pop-up that none of the methods such as replacing the intro movie files seems to fix. Looks like I'll be going back to good old GWX tomorrow...
KingOfNothing22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 06:47 AM   #1302
KingOfNothing22
Nub

Downloads: 171

Managed to get a non-Steam copy of the game. Removed the Steam version and anything left over, restarted my system and installed the non-Steam version. Installed fine, loaded it up, works ok. Go to install LSH, I'm still getting "SH3 must not be installed in this path!". So frustrating!
KingOfNothing22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 09:22 AM   #1303
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 617

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfNothing22 View Post
...installed the non-Steam version...
Where did you install it?
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-15, 09:31 AM   #1304
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Hi KingfOfNothing22

This sounds realy frustrating.

Right now we (LSH Support Team) have two such unsolved problems "cannot initialize 3D engine" yet.

Both of them only by Windows 10 AND SH3-Steam versions.

This IS very frustrating, also for us.

If u got Skype and Tool Teamviever.com installed i will help you with online live support!

Send me a mail to support@lsh3.com to have direct contact.
My Skype Name is Ariel_Urech (Basel, Switzerland)

Just contact me and i will help you by this problem :-)

Greets, Urmel
Old 10-27-15, 11:26 AM   #1305
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Mabe some important rules to install Silent Hunter III (Win 7/8.1/10) are helpfull:

1) Never use the original default SH3 installation folder (not by DVD and not by Steam version)!

The “Destination Location/Save Folder“ must be changed/select manually during installation.

A correct “Destination Location/Save Folder“ is: C:\SilentHunterIII\ (example)

2) After installation supermod LSH3 V15 you must set manually some new preferences to the (new!) SH3.EXE!

Select the > SH3.EXE File > click right mousebutton > PREFERENCES > COMPATIBILITY

- Set: run program in compatiblity mode for > WINDOWS 7
- Set: run program as > ADMINISTRATOR
- Set: > DISABLE DESKTOP COMPOSITION

Save this with OK/APPLY and restart your computer now!

3) Check your graphical driver settings (NVIDIA or AMD)

- NVIDIA: SCALLING MOD must be > ASPECT RATIO
- NVIDIA: PERFORME SCALLING must be > GPU

- AMD: Set > MAINTAIN ASPECT RATIO
- AMD: Set > ACTIVATE GPU SCALLING

Save these settings and restart your computer now!

4) Now start LSH3 Mod enabler JSGME and activate ONLY the LSH3 V15 FULLVERSION Mod (no other GUI Mods!)

As first test just start SH3 NAVAL ACADEMY and try a quick game to test your SH3 installation and system settings.
If all works fine exit the game and activate your LSH3 WIDESCREEN Mod.
Now start SH3 NAVAL ACADEMY again and try to play in WIDESCREEN performance.
If all works fine u can start a stable career.

Most of this information are written in our L/SH3-INSTALLATION-MANUAL (PDF)

Contact us by email support@lsh3.com for direct support.

Greetings, Urmel