SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-09, 05:23 PM   #46
Jeeve
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default SH4 registry problem

Loved "RED STORM RISING" and love SH3!!
But what about SH4 then.
UBI stopped distributing the game about 2 years ago.
I can't find it anywhere on dvd and can't order it.

So eventually, I must admit, i went illegal. (SH4 is a piece of art)
So a friend of mine downloaded a "post install folder".
So there is no setup file.
It's a 1.1 version and i can't patch it to 1.4.
Says: the game is not installed.
Same problem Hackett had, i pm'd him.
There was a little reg-file where i could adjust my install path, then double click it, but it won't work.
When i look in uninstall info in the registry, there's nothing there off coarse.

Could any of you subsim freaks care to give me some info for registry keys?
Maybe export it, i could adjust install-path and just add it to registry.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 04-12-09, 05:25 PM   #47
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Now this is pretty rich. You're seriously asking us to help you get a pirated game running?
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 05:58 PM   #48
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Nope, I don't help pirates. Off with his head.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 08:36 PM   #49
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 202

Thanks for the report guys. Nuked like a cheap sausage roll.
Old 04-12-09, 11:21 PM   #50
owner20071963
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=150549
Old 04-14-09, 05:43 AM   #51
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Owner, in THIS thread, that's spam, in violation of Subsim rules. As a moderator, you should be held to a higher standard than that. This thread is for handling problems relating to reinstallation of Silent Hunter 4.
Old 04-19-09, 04:08 PM   #52
DaveyJ576
Officer

Downloads: 20

Well, the damn game would not boot up for me so I uninstalled it using this procedure. I think I got everything and reinstalled the game. The problem now is that JSGME doesn't seem to be working correctly. I installed it per the instructions, but it won't create the MODS and !Backup folders like the instructions said. I tried to create the folders myself, but JSGME won't recognize any of the mods. What did I screw up?
DaveyJ576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-09, 08:05 AM   #53
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

OK, you have one installation in \Ubi\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\? JSGME installed in that directory, same directory as SH4.exe? Then run JSGME once and exit without doing anything to create \DATA subdirectory. Run a second time to install mods.

Now if you're running Vista, I'm not your guy for info. My Vista is still quarantined on a shelf. It runs really well there and hasn't crashed once, or kept me from installing any software. But my computer is still running XP Media Center Edition and will until I see a reason that I have no choice to upgrade. My opinion is that you are probably running into Vista follies. Skwas and AVGWarhawk are two that are running Vista 64 successfully with SH4. A PM their direction, with a request that they post here with Vista pointers would definitely fix your situation.

I sure wish game companies would make triple install disks for Linux/Windows/Mac. With Windows about to further confuse the marketplace with so many versions of Windows 7, things aren't going to get any better unless pressure is put on Microsloth from somewhere that alternatives exist, that we expect simple, single version operating systems for reasonable prices.
Old 10-17-09, 10:59 PM   #54
rhohltjr
Mate

Downloads: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Hey guys, I appreciate all helping out each other but can you take this CTD to a PM for resolution? I want to keep this thread as a re-installing SH4 thread only.

Thanks!
Great! With the arrival of Win Seven, I am considering re-installing SHIV. Anyone out there a beta tester for Win Seven with SHIV on the box?

Apathetic at best!!!
rhohltjr
Old 02-22-10, 09:49 PM   #55
mafiawarlord
Swabbie

Downloads: 5

What registries do i delete after uninstalling Silent Hunter IV U-boat expansion pack thingy. Because HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall{{0D005F09-A5F4-473B-A901-5735C6AF5628} isn't there.
mafiawarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 07:10 AM   #56
Andrew82
Torpedoman

Downloads: 32

Try RegCleaner, with this program you can either automatic scan and clean your register or manually select programs and delete their register keys.

http://www.webmasterfree.com/RegCleaner_d7625.html
Old 03-07-10, 12:27 AM   #57
G2B
XO

Downloads: 80

I got lucky with Windows 7 pro 64 version. Been overhauling my system, trying to get things the way I like 'em. When it came to install SH4, it went like a dream, Even my TMO version with all saves working.

Set up a separate games file, (I'm going with operating system on a smaller drive so most everything else goes on a second drive) ran the SH4 disk pointed the install in the right direction, loaded everything except that shadow whatsit. Ran the sim everything worked perfect. Dug out my backup copy of my TMO, stuck it into the Ubi folder with the new SH4, then put my TMO folder back into My Documents where it belongs, created a shortcut fired it up and back to my campaign like nothing ever happened

@ RR
Vista makes a great coaster for the ole coffee mug, just don't try to put anything else on it. "You only have permission to set coffee here"

G2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 03:24 AM   #58
Salvadoreno
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

So i got the TuneupUtilities 2010 to clean up registry (for some reason i could not find the registry mentioned by above poster) but before i go meddling in this i need some advice.. I want to clean up the registry files because i found them on my computer. However im afriad to delete the SH4 registry folder and id rather have smart software do it for me. How do i find the clean up registry option and just run simple diagnostics to make my computer go faster??

Im not touching this program yet till i have a better understanding of it. I already deleted SH4 and deleted the file on my computer, now i just need to get rid of registry without having my comp go bonkers...
Old 04-02-10, 06:36 PM   #59
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

I would use CCleaner. It will scan your registry for entries that no longer have a program installed and prompt you to safely delete them from the registry. You have the option to save the registry before you do any surgery. I've never had any problem using this program.
Old 05-13-10, 04:39 PM   #60
Bill Seiko
Watch

Downloads: 27

Will SH4 run Ok on windows 7 ? I am thinking about getting a powerful games laptop with windows 7 but being an old PC dummy all the techy stuff worries me.
Bill Seiko is offline   Reply With Quote