SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-08, 03:03 PM   #1
tomhugill
Planesman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default [REL] Yamato playable (beta) Version 1.1 now added!

Hey folks , here for your surface ship playing pleasure is a fully functioning fully damage modeled (almost ) playable version of the IJN Yamato.

First off I take no credit for getting her initially playable , I have mearly alltered the systems and given her a working damage model , with out further ado!

Damage screen all working

As this is a beta there are afew small niggles:

. I cant get the radar working for some reason , I 99% sure all the systems are there for it to work but for some reason it wont.
. When your engines get destroyed your top speed will decrease but you can still move
. Finally ive been having issues with flotation , Ive found that if you get much flooding you send to list more than I think you should. Anyone with expertise in this area and is willing to help let me know.

Anyway Have fun with her and please PM me or reply here with any feed back , ideas etc. Cheers Tom

Download linkage:

http://files.filefront.com/Yamatozip.../fileinfo.html

Version 1.1!

Hey guys ive been doing alot of testing and with help for the guys here on the sub sim forums (esp. Mikyal) Ive managed to get a much more realistic flooding mechanic.

You sink much more slowly.
Flooding times have been increased and will affect you less than before (fixing the if you flood you sink issue)
Ive changed the zone file to flooding is only effected by the 3 compartments that you can see , engine room , lower decks and radio room. Hopefully this should give you a better idea of how badly your flooding.
The radar issue has now been fixed!

I have changed the way you take damage trying to make the ships eventual demise based on sinking rather than loss of hull hp , to this end i have made the hull hp very large and made the crush depth low, so once you sink you will die quickly

Planned changes:

Im hoping to add more compartments to the ship so an even better flooding representation can be achived , as well as more realistic systems and things such as damageable fuel tanks , and possibly magazines

Version 1.1 linky: http://files.filefront.com/Yamato11z.../fileinfo.html

Version 1.15!

Hey folks , new version out with a couple of tweaks:

Firstly ive made it so it should be RFB friendly (ish) Ive been playing and not had problems ... yet :p. I recomend you play with RFB actually as the improved visual and sounds effects really add to things.

Secondly ive rebalanced the compartment flooding , I was having a problem where if the radio room flooded at the rear you when down like a tonne of bricks. Hopefully this has fixed that so you will list abit but not go down to the degree of before. Now flooding in any one compartment wont sink you but any more and you could be in for prblems unless its fixed fast!

v1.15 linky: http://files.filefront.com/Yamato115.../fileinfo.html

Ps Ive been having alot of fun with this http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=137015 mission , I really really recomend you dl it!

NEW VERSION! :

1.2 , Updated with miners fantastic skin! Also included are some improved BB damaged models for ai (I think all the allied ones) Using higher Hp and lower armor for more spectacular and longer lasting bb fights

Linkage: http://files.filefront.com/Yamato12z.../fileinfo.html

EDIT NEW LINK FOR VERSION 1.15: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...?do=file&id=26

Last edited by tomhugill; 07-10-12 at 03:18 AM.
tomhugill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-08, 03:08 PM   #2
TitaniumRR
Mate

Downloads: 17

Very good idea!

Thank you for your industrious, creative work!
Old 10-28-08, 05:41 PM   #3
Leo_93
Aviator

Downloads: 134

Cool, Thanks for fixing the damage model I always liked this BB. Also it looks like this yamato has the accurate AA guns if I am not mistaken.
Leo_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-08, 05:43 PM   #4
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

what mods do you use with it?

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-08, 05:51 PM   #5
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Wow, this looks incredible! Is there a Campaign for this?
Old 10-28-08, 06:08 PM   #6
tomhugill
Planesman

Shes german campagin ready , I use stock 1.5 with pe4 and rsm classic and all works smoothly. I have now managed to fix the radar bug and will upload a fix asap. Yep i used the ai yamato aa gun fix. Its amazing seeing them go off at night!
Old 10-28-08, 07:05 PM   #7
ivank
The Old Man

Downloads: 284

is the AA fix included?

Leutnant z. S. David U. Ziegler
U-105 IXB On Patrol 1

ivank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 05:02 AM   #8
tomhugill
Planesman

Yep the AA fix is included , as awell as walters range fix
Old 10-29-08, 09:49 AM   #9
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

Thanks, I've tried it and it's a lot of fun. Enemy destroyers are making a mistake trying to ram me now!
Old 10-29-08, 10:04 AM   #10
Kruger
Commander

Downloads: 21

I can't wait to slaughter a convoy using this huge momma.

How does it behave when installed over RFB, regarding the different damage mechanics implemented ?
Kruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-08, 10:52 AM   #11
tomhugill
Planesman

As long as you install it last you should be fine , as the zones file i used is included. There was a bug with the playable pocket battleship where using rfb the crew disappeared so im not sure if the same will happen here
Old 10-29-08, 12:59 PM   #12
Kruger
Commander

Same bug unfortunately. It doesn't work over RFB. No crew, noone to shoot the turrets, the ship won;t move. It's a ghostly Yamato
Old 10-29-08, 01:25 PM   #13
tomhugill
Planesman

It might work if u put all the crew avalible on , go on partrol , instantly end it and keep doing that. Also is there anyone experienced with sinking mechanics. Im still not happy that I cant get individual compartments to flood without having the ship sink. If you can help let me know.
Old 10-29-08, 01:34 PM   #14
Kruger
Commander

Ok, I will do it now.
Old 10-29-08, 03:07 PM   #15
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhugill
It might work if u put all the crew avalible on , go on partrol , instantly end it and keep doing that. Also is there anyone experienced with sinking mechanics. Im still not happy that I cant get individual compartments to flood without having the ship sink. If you can help let me know.
Be careful with that one, it works, but if you do it too many times in a row without completing a mission or at least sink something they will retire you. Doesn't happen all the time but I have had it happen on the third "end Patrol" 4 times during some testing. (Not with the Yamato, but I assume the same could happen) Just some info.

So you might want to try to get some essential crew on board on the first and second times, then do a mission and finish the next time you dock.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote