SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-27-17, 07:59 AM   #1
Imarider
Mate

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0
Default Is there some information,how to make your own campaign or redact exist?

All information regard this will be useful
Imarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-17, 10:24 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Are you wanting to edit and / or remove files just from the OM (or some other) mod? Or will you be wanting to remove parts of the Stock game?

The easiest way to make your own campaign, is to take what is in the game and edit that. If you're going to be wanting something closer to OM than Stock, then use the OM mod as your base. You would use the Mission Editor for the graphical help it can give you, and then a text editor to clean-up the files if necessary. If what you do is for your own personal use, no permission from another mod's author is necessary. If you want to change things and then release what you did as a mod for others to use, then you should get permission from the original author.

A potentially useful, but very "dangerous" tool (for your game install) is available in the JSGME applet. Follow the link in Mike's post for the JSGME v2.6 User Guide PDF and read on Page 17 the "Notes For Modders" section. I'll warn you right now, you have to be very careful with that. It is not to be used lightly or off-handedly. There is no warning in the manual about the possible hazards of using the directive. The FotRSU team is now so wary of it that we are refraining from using it at all, if it can be avoided. You cannot use it if the file is being replaced by another, else the original is deleted, never to be recovered, which is NOT cool to do to someone else's game... you have been warned.

I just went looking, and the site for the [ENG]Mission Editor V17.pdf is no longer available. If you want a copy of that, let me know, and I'll send you one.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-17, 05:14 PM   #3
Imarider
Mate

Yeah, pls, if you can and thanks for the help, but any other information about campaign editing will be useful.
Old 09-28-17, 08:48 PM   #4
Imarider
Mate

I have a very important question, what files make coastal-harbour defence, i mean destroyers, patrol craft e t. c. Anyone, who can answer, pls...
Old 09-28-17, 09:45 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

For a "Stock" game, those are found in several locations, the majority probably being in the "Jap_HarborTraffic.mis" file, found in the Game / Data / Campaigns / Campaign folder on the Fleetboat side. On the German Uboats side, look in the two files "Allies_HarbourTraffic.mis" and "Allies_NavalBases.mis" in the Game / Data / Campaigns / CampaignGE / CampaignData folder. Most of the vessels in NavalBases file are stationary, but not all. Most of the "patrol" vessels would be in the HarbourTraffic file for each side. Some mods add other files that might add to that, such as Sub_Hunter layers in the Fleetboat side in quite a few mods. Operation Monsun adds some "RU", "UK" and "US" (as well as other) files to the game that well could hold other "patrol" groups...

Also, PM sent to you Kakopis with a link to that ME manual.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote