SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-29-17, 02:20 AM   #5881
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default Welcome aboard!

Kubus-Sc7!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 06:35 AM   #5882
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Kubus-Sc7
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE << STEAM is not compatible with the essential application TDW’s Generic File Patcher
Steam Conversion Installation Instructions for SH5 Updated Version
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod > Includes Optional KSDCommander And Working Enigma M4 Machine

The tonnage bar and campaign icons are broken in the game.
That is why you will not see them in any of the mega mods as they have been removed.
Using sobers mod list as a guide will show you what you need regarding this change and also the enabling order.

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 05:31 PM   #5883
BaronVonChahyll
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

I was hoping to possibly get a little bit of help from you out there.

I have steam SH5 and I seem to be having a slight issue with installing OH2.5

I have installed JSGME to the main directory /steamapps/silenthunter5

It has set up the mods folder. I set OH 2.5 in Mod folder. It comes up in JSGME and I click to activate the mod.

It then creates several new folders in the main directory.

I launch the game and there its vanilla.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!
BaronVonChahyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 06:13 PM   #5884
THEBERBSTER

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > BaronVonChahyll
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
If you are new to SH5 look > > HERE << STEAM is not compatible with the essential application TDW’s Generic File Patcher
Steam Conversion Installation Instructions for SH5 Updated Version
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod > Includes Optional KSDCommander And Working Enigma M4 Machine

Post #4 JSGME Installing It Correctly
Post #77 JSGME Enabling Mods Correctly
Old 03-03-17, 03:14 PM   #5885
BaronVonChahyll
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

Thanks much! I appreciate the help with this.
BaronVonChahyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 02:02 AM   #5886
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
I'm old and stubborn. I've been playing OHII v2.2 since it came out. (If it works, don't mess with it)

I have however, downloaded OH II v2.5 in the past and have it saved on a flash drive.

I've been lucky and survived the war. I'm almost to the point of the D-Day invasion.

I have been debating at the end of this session, uninstalling v2.2, and installing v2.5.

Is everything I need included in your two links above?

(Actually, I think I have already unzipped the files, if I remember correctly)

And also, does the grid square fix work still?

Thanks

(Current mods below)
Travelly's Harbor and Canal Pilot
Uboat_Snorkel_1_1_0 By The DarkWraith
Equipment_Upgrades_Fix_v1.4 By TheBeast

Last edited by Sandman_28054; 03-29-17 at 02:25 AM.
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-17, 04:53 AM   #5887
THEBERBSTER

Hi Sandman
Quote:
I've been playing OHII v2.2 since it came out. (If it works, don't mess with it)
The problem is, it did,nt in the way it needed to. That is why versions there where 8 versions of 2.3 before v2.4 came on the scene.
OH v2.5 is current and has been around now for a long time.

I can highly recommend TWOS from my above link and it is playable in any realism version of your choice.
TWOS contains over 100 mods and patches and is completely stable with nop ctd's
The installation instructions are easy and very user friendly.

The Wolves of Steel 1.06
Setup notes:
Game installation and settings
Make a clean SH5 installation and make sure that the game is patched toofficial v1.2.0.
Also, do not skip DirectX 9.0c installation if offered, SH5 needs it.
Note that despite which language settings you've sellected during game installation, TWoS will optimize your game for gameplay with English language texts and German voices. Other language combinations are not officially supported.

Mod Installation
Step 1:
- Download The Wolves of Steel 1.06.00 Subsim Community SH5 Expansion.exe and install the archive to your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder (ex. "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"). Make sure to specify correct game path when prompted.
- Download latest The Wolves of Steel 1.06.xx Update.exe (if available/released) and install the archive to your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder (ex. "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"). Make sure to specify correct game path when prompted.

Step 2:
Generig Mod Enabler (JSGME.exe) window will pop-up automatically after step 1 is done.
Enable contained mandatory and optional mods with your Generic Mod Enabler in this order (JSGME may stop responding for some time while enabling the main mod, just let it to finish it's job / Say 'Yes' to all JSGME warnings)...

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 (mandatory, the main mod, goes always 1st in your modlist)
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update xx (mandatory, the update, goes always 2nd in your modlist)
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation (optional, but highly recommended addon)
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders (optional, encrypted BdU combat orders addon)
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon (optional, enabled auto target recogn. button)
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, only one needed, stock megamod's settings are optimised for 16:9 displays/resolutions)
[Other optional and tested TWoS 1.06.xx compatible addons/mods]

Step 3:
Properly activate TDW generic patcher and restore "TWoS 1.06_Snapshot.gps". The patcher, snapshot and install instructions are already placed in the main game folder (Silent Hunter 5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0).
*Steam version doesn't support generic patcher and therefore this expansion too

Step 4:
Go to "C:\Users\[Your username]\Documents\SH5\data\cfg" and deletemain.cfg file. New and correctly configured file will be automatically created on next game launch.

Step 5:
Enter the game, start new campaign and don't forget to save/reload the game first time your avatar appears in the bunker.This is necessary for correctly initiated campaign start (do this every time you're about to start new campaign or advancing to the next one)...Happy hunting Herr Kaleun!

*DO NOT add any additional mods if you are not 100% sure what you are doing or you may induce all kind of stability and gameplay related issues!
Keep in mind that most of the standalone mods outhere are incompatible with this expansion.
Please don't discuss in TWoS thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.
*Full game reinstallation is highly recommended when replacing old with new megamod version (for example v1.05 to v1.06) ! Old gamesaves compatibility is not guarantied at all.

Peter
Old 03-29-17, 05:18 AM   #5888
Sandman_28054
Captain

Quote:
Hi Sandman
The problem is, it did,nt in the way it needed to. That is why versions there where 8 versions of 2.3 before v2.4 came on the scene.
OH v2.5 is current and has been around now for a long time.

I can highly recommend TWOS from my above link and it is playable in any realism version of your choice.
TWOS contains over 100 mods and patches and is completely stable with nop ctd's
The installation instructions are easy and very user friendly.

The Wolves of Steel 1.06
Setup notes:
Game installation and settings
Make a clean SH5 installation and make sure that the game is patched toofficial v1.2.0.
Also, do not skip DirectX 9.0c installation if offered, SH5 needs it.
Note that despite which language settings you've sellected during game installation, TWoS will optimize your game for gameplay with English language texts and German voices. Other language combinations are not officially supported.

Mod Installation
Step 1:
- Download The Wolves of Steel 1.06.00 Subsim Community SH5 Expansion.exe and install the archive to your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder (ex. "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"). Make sure to specify correct game path when prompted.
- Download latest The Wolves of Steel 1.06.xx Update.exe (if available/released) and install the archive to your main Silent Hunter 5 install folder (ex. "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5"). Make sure to specify correct game path when prompted.

Step 2:
Generig Mod Enabler (JSGME.exe) window will pop-up automatically after step 1 is done.
Enable contained mandatory and optional mods with your Generic Mod Enabler in this order (JSGME may stop responding for some time while enabling the main mod, just let it to finish it's job / Say 'Yes' to all JSGME warnings)...

1. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 (mandatory, the main mod, goes always 1st in your modlist)
2. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Update xx (mandatory, the update, goes always 2nd in your modlist)
3. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Real Navigation (optional, but highly recommended addon)
4. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Encrypted BdU Orders (optional, encrypted BdU combat orders addon)
5. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - Wind & Smoke addon (optional, enabled auto target recogn. button)
6. The Wolves of Steel 1.06 - *x* Resolution Patch (optional, only one needed, stock megamod's settings are optimised for 16:9 displays/resolutions)
[Other optional and tested TWoS 1.06.xx compatible addons/mods]

Step 3:
Properly activate TDW generic patcher and restore "TWoS 1.06_Snapshot.gps". The patcher, snapshot and install instructions are already placed in the main game folder (Silent Hunter 5/TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0).
*Steam version doesn't support generic patcher and therefore this expansion too

Step 4:
Go to "C:\Users\[Your username]\Documents\SH5\data\cfg" and deletemain.cfg file. New and correctly configured file will be automatically created on next game launch.

Step 5:
Enter the game, start new campaign and don't forget to save/reload the game first time your avatar appears in the bunker.This is necessary for correctly initiated campaign start (do this every time you're about to start new campaign or advancing to the next one)...Happy hunting Herr Kaleun!

*DO NOT add any additional mods if you are not 100% sure what you are doing or you may induce all kind of stability and gameplay related issues!
Keep in mind that most of the standalone mods outhere are incompatible with this expansion.
Please don't discuss in TWoS thread any potential issues caused by your own custom modlists and unsupported mods.
Also, make sure to pay special attention to FAQ and Tips section and feel free to ask in this thread for any additional elucidation.
*Full game reinstallation is highly recommended when replacing old with new megamod version (for example v1.05 to v1.06) ! Old gamesaves compatibility is not guarantied at all.

Peter
So no to OH II 2.5?
Old 03-29-17, 02:19 PM   #5889
THEBERBSTER

Hi Sandman
Quote:
So no to OH II 2.5?
On the contrary a big fat yes to v2.5.
It has stood the test of time and is used in both sobers and TWOS mega mods.
Peter
Old 03-30-17, 01:40 AM   #5890
Sandman_28054
Captain

Quote:
Hi Sandman
On the contrary a big fat yes to v2.5.
It has stood the test of time and is used in both sobers and TWOS mega mods.
Peter
Like I said, I think I already have the game files unzipped. I just need installation instructions.

And I'm willing to try TWoS. I just downloaded the three files for it.

How can I make a "clean, fresh" install?

I have SH5 installed modded to OH II v.2.2.

I would like to have one version for Open Horizons, and one for TWoS.
Old 03-30-17, 03:29 AM   #5891
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 View Post

I would like to have one version for Open Horizons, and one for TWoS.
That would be pointless because OHII Campaign (but vastly updated) is already part of TWoS...Check documentation and change-logs for more info...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-17, 03:52 AM   #5892
Sandman_28054
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
That would be pointless because OHII Campaign (but vastly updated) is already part of TWoS...Check documentation and change-logs for more info...
Now this is getting confusing.

I guess I'm just a simple minded fool.

I find a mod that I like, and I play it.

SH3 was Grey Wolves Gold with SH3 Commander.

SH4 was/is Trigger Maru Overhauled 2.0 (?)

SH5 is OH II v2.2, notice I haven't tried any other version in how many years? Just tired and wanted to try v.2.5.

When I get tired of it I'll probably move on to TWoS, Although by that time, who knows what version will be out.

And don't think I don't like or appreciate the work you guys do, because its the hard work of you guys that makes playing these games worth it.

Thank you from the bottom of the keel of my U-boat. (U-55, I know the irony, but 55 has been a lucky number for me )

Last edited by Sandman_28054; 03-30-17 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-30-17, 04:03 AM   #5893
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 View Post
Now this is getting confusing.
There is nothing confusing . You don't need two SH5 installation , one with OHII and one with TWoS. OHII is large single mod and TWoS is large single modpack. Check out list of mods/fixes/tweaks that TWoS contains, maybe that will make things more clear for you...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-17, 03:38 AM   #5894
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

1,000,000 views on this thread

Hope you enjoy this mod everyone
Old 04-30-17, 01:16 PM   #5895
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172