Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-08-18, 03:18 PM   #211
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
As in many other areas, I'm not an expert on world or states economy.

I know how to balance my own budget-but that's all.

I am however convinced that, all these economical crashes we have had since the big one in 1929, is aftershock after this big crash in 1929.

Well it's my own theory-Can't prove it.

Markus
Global debts today - in November 2018 - have exceeded a value more than three times as big as the yearly global gross domestic product (GDP of all the world).

THREE TIMES.

It was never so high during peak crisis 2008-2009. And just years before that, in 2001-2002, it was a fraction only of the debts in 2007-2009.

The ratio between fighting nations combined GDP and combined debts, was not so disastrous durign WW1, and not during WW2. To say our situation is worse than in 1918 or 1945, in a way is correct.

These insane debt levels today also put the numbers from the American economy into relation - since much of the recent boom was financed on tick.
Old 12-11-18, 09:13 AM   #212
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

IMF warns storm clouds are gathering for next financial crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/business...s-david-lipton

The storm clouds of the next global financial crisis are gathering despite the world financial system being unprepared for the next downturn, the deputy head of the International Monetary Fund has warned. David Lipton, the first deputy managing director of the IMF, said that “crisis prevention is incomplete” more than a decade on from the last meltdown in the global banking system.

“As we have put it, ‘fix the roof while the sun shines.’ But like many of you, I see storm clouds building, and fear the work on crisis prevention is incomplete.”

“We ought to be concerned about the potency of monetary policy,” he said of the ability of the US Federal Reserve and other central banks to cut interest rates to boost the economy in the event of another downturn, while also warning that high levels of government borrowing constrained their scope for cutting taxes and raising spending.

Speaking to an audience at Bloomberg in London, Christine Lagarde’s deputy called on China to take urgent steps to open up its economy to global competition. Against a backdrop of Donald Trump engaging in a bitter trade dispute with Beijing, he said China needed to lower trade barriers, while also impose tougher rules to protect intellectual property – a key complaint of the US president.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 09:49 AM   #213
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

There is no next no new its the same old one on going as these clueless morons can not see that.

One thing is for sure bankers will always win in the good and bad times and its the rest of us who will get hard.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 11:25 AM   #214
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
IMF warns storm clouds are gathering for next financial crisis
I saw this warning on a scroll on GMA or was it MSNBC, but they called it a recession.

What's a recession? I take it that it's not good for rich people
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-18, 03:00 PM   #215
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
What's a recession? I take it that it's not good for rich people
Rrecessions show that the fairy tale castel was build on quick sand only.

Recession means the inflating of the available quantity of money has motivated to go into risky investments that people would not have undertaklen if less money only would have been available. The devaluation of money creates distortions in prices indices and the value attirbtuiuon to the money unit that render said investments before now as uncompoetrtitive and thus, unproifitable. A recession is a phase where this abnormally created distortion gets corrected - if politicians allow it, what they of course do noit allow. They make it worse by trying tio immediately battle recession with unprofitable government investments and by cretaing even more money and even more non-competitive economy quantity and -quality.

Its not just not good for rich people. Average Joe Smith gets hit as well: due to rising taxes, economy declining and unemployment.

The more the state intervenes in a bid to fight recession, the worse it gets and the longer it lasts, and the worse the follow-on consequences overnthe time to come will become. Its like trying to extinguish a fire by spilling more gasoline into it.

---

Ludwig von Mises, 1951: "This country, and with it most of the Western world, is presently going through a period of inflation and credit expansion. As the quantity of money in circulation and deposits subject to check increases, there prevails a general tendency for the prices of commodities and services to rise. Business is booming. Yet such a boom, artificially engineered by monetary and credit expansion, cannot last forever. It must come to an end sooner or later. For paper money and bank deposits are not a proper substitute for nonexisting capital goods. Economic theory has demonstrated in an irrefutable way that a prosperity created by an expansionist monetary and credit policy is illusory and must end in a slump, an economic crisis. It has happened again and again in the past, and it will happen in the future, too."

Murray Rothbard, 1983:

https://mises.org/library/recession-explained

Further:

http://www.incrementum.li/wp-content...-Recession.pdf
Old 12-31-18, 02:50 PM   #216
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
FTSE 100 suffers biggest one-year fall since 2008

London's leading share index has seen more than £240bn wiped off the value of its constituent companies over the course of 2018.
https://news.sky.com/story/ftse-100-...-2008-11595633

Quote:
The FTSE 100 has suffered its biggest one-year fall since the financial crisis in 2008.

London's leading stock index was 12.5% lower at the end of 2018 compared with the start of the year, wiping more than £240bn off the combined value of its constituent companies.
So...after all they never loose.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 12-31-18, 03:18 PM   #217
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Buy when the market is bearish and sell when it is bullish, it has always been that way. The successful punters act at the most opportune times.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-18, 04:18 PM   #218
STEED
Lucky Jack

The FTSE 100 is not a good guide on the UK as most of it is foreign owned. Better guide is the FTSE 250 which is in most part UK owned companies.

Old 01-04-19, 06:19 AM   #219
STEED
Lucky Jack

ITS FAT CAT FRIDAY TODAY IN THE UK

Yes today all the FAT CATS will have racked in a year's worth of wages and more and still they get fatter of money because they can get away with it.!

Quote:
By 1pm today the UK's top company bosses will have already earned the same amount in 2019 as the average worker will be paid for the whole year.
https://news.sky.com/story/fat-cat-f...alary-11598353

Old 01-04-19, 11:19 AM   #220
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm not exactly thin but still pleasantly thankful for my physique.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 10:08 PM   #221
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Any of you dirt farmers watching this company? I picked up a few thousand shares of EKSO (NASDAQ) several weeks ago at 2.18. Steady growth, manageable debt, a JV with China maybe Japan soon, participating in a WISE study results expected Q2 2019. Boeing, and Ford might buy big if their evaluations go well. This could go to the moon in a few years. Still at a very decent entry point for us po'folks.

http://www.live5news.com/2019/02/26/...ess-strenuous/

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-01-19 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-02-19, 06:26 AM   #222
Skybird
Soaring

The recent publishing of ICF's and WB's plans to have two prices for goods and services ins tores, one for digitla payment and a higher ne for cash payment, should tell everybody what is coming at us. It comoares to showing a rope to a horse before bringing in the saddle - peope should get used to even more criminal measures to allow getting plundered for the sins of our great leaders, since there is no more room for ordinary intrest lowerings. The situation now is much worse than it was 2007, and when they now show the torture tools to the public this is only beign done for preparing much worse measures by them. To ounish us, their victims of th epast ("penalty interest" implies that the person needing to pay these, committed apunishable crime: reframing, anyone?)

What I mean is: instead of grapping more quick gains it might be high time to think about how you could protect and hide your property formt he state and centrla bank plunderers once the next - and much biger!! - wave of financial desaster reaches your shores. The art lies in owning withut the state knowing it. And even then, if they really play it tough, even that will not protect you from punishing taxes once you try to sell your stuff again.

This includes stocks.

Its red alert times again. Since quite some time now, and could last for long time to come, uncertainty is high.

Consider this the next time you feel motivated to vote for anyone wanting you to vote for him. His hobby and his way of living is the bill you have to pay for, and you even will get told that it is your moral obligation to do so. And indeed, if you vote for getting plundered, you have no argument by which you could complain about it. In other words: you are beign owned by a small clique of owning masters. But go ahead, vote for them.
Old 03-02-19, 09:13 AM   #223
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Any of you dirt farmers watching this company? I picked up a few thousand shares of EKSO (NASDAQ) several weeks ago at 2.18. Steady growth, manageable debt, a JV with China maybe Japan soon, participating in a WISE study results expected Q2 2019. Boeing, and Ford might buy big if their evaluations go well. This could go to the moon in a few years. Still at a very decent entry point for us po'folks.

http://www.live5news.com/2019/02/26/...ess-strenuous/
Thanks for the heads up. Ekso's share price has nearly doubled since the beginning of the year.

I'm mostly an income generating investor, still holding Exxon (4.4%) and Kinder Morgan (4.4%). Richard Kinder has been buying large chunks of his company's stock this year, which makes me happy.
Old 03-02-19, 10:07 AM   #224
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

I'm a just a lowly part-time day trader, gives me something to do when its raining outside. Hoping that later down the road it doesn't turn out like the Opti-Grab.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-02-19 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-06-19, 06:26 AM   #225
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Pay by cash? Not for long, report warns

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47456698

Tags
market, stock, stocks