SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-07, 12:48 PM   #736
WilhelmSchulz.
The Old Man

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0
Default Type 36 DD

Actuly the Type 36 DD entered service before 39. The "36" represents the year of commission.

WilhelmSchulz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 12:49 PM   #737
PhantomLord
XO

Downloads: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
That's very strange Phantom because that sort of experience is normally associated with the sabotage/malfunction events in sH3Cmdr :hmm:
Yeah right....i´ll try it again when i´m back from work...
Old 02-21-07, 01:02 PM   #738
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmSchulz.
Actuly the Type 36 DD entered service before 39. The "36" represents the year of commission.
True
The ship in GWX is the type 36A

Quote:
Changed dates on Type36A and altered campaign files to suit - Type36A will now show after 11 Jan 40 - This date is for the first Type36A which wasn't the Type36A (mob) which the model represents - EnglishNames altered to show Type36A as the French and German already did

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 01:40 PM   #739
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilhelmSchulz.
Apparently not. According to this site, the first Typed 36 was commissioned in August 1938:
http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmari...936/index.html
http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmari...36a/index.html
http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmari...mob/index.html
Old 02-21-07, 01:45 PM   #740
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potoroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Although you are suggesting that GWX is still incorrect from Sep 44 on. My guess is that despite the Lapland War, the Finns didn't actually declare war on Germany, did they? (I'm just trying to figure out why it would be neutral in-game).
As best I can determine the Finns did not formally declare war on Germany. Rather, one of the terms of the armistice with the Soviets was that they had to drive any and all German troops out of their territory.
Right you are sir!

Oh, btw, JScones, is there any source for info on how many DB3´s Finns had during WWII? All I´ve come across is that we captured 4 during the Winter War.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 01:57 PM   #741
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venatore
To whom it may concern,

With regards to the "Raised DF antenna" can this device be lowered whilst on the surface (on & off) and if so which key ? this is not a war winner for me, I just thought I would ask.

This "Raised DF antenna" is totally awsome and I thank all the modders involved in the development of the updated patch for GWX.

Thankyou
No, it can't be lowered, there are two reasons for that, first, there's no event to asociate it to trigger the lowering/stop spinning of the antenna, second it will present the same problem as the radar, the user should need to visually determine the stop position, and the holding case is much smaller then the radar, making it very difficult to do it in the right position.

Ref
He, He, Ha, Ha.
Yes.
For a long time I suggested to attach DF antenna rotation to rotation of a second arrow of stop watch, but guys as always have kept silent...
But one rot. in a second, it's too slowly ..., but it is possible to accelerate.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 02-22-07 at 06:28 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 06:47 PM   #742
u48
Mate

Downloads: 1

Finland and World war 2....A brief history

This Northern European country won its independence from Russia in 1917.
The USSR invaded it in November 1939 and touched off the brief Russo-Finnish War. Finland surrendered in March 1940, but would declare war on the USSR again after the Germans invaded Russia in June 1941.
In November 1941, Britain gave Finland this ultimatum: halt all offensive operations against the USSR or face a war with the Allies.
4th September 1944 Fighting ends between Finland and USSR.....20th September Finland and USSR Sign peace treaty.
1st October 1944 Finnish Army attacks Germans
3rd March 1945, Finland declared war on Germany. Finland lost nearly 80,000 men and women in the war.
u48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 07:27 PM   #743
Dowly
Lucky Jack

That´s the first time I heard that Finland surrendered... few veterans would have something to say about that.

Peace treaty my friend.
Old 02-21-07, 07:36 PM   #744
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Oh, btw, JScones, is there any source for info on how many DB3´s Finns had during WWII? All I´ve come across is that we captured 4 during the Winter War.
Yes there is - BBW picked it up and has the link. I can't find it atm.

But according to another source they had 11.

...found it... http://www.sci.fi/~ambush/faf/fafincolor.html It too says 11.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-07, 07:42 PM   #745
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Thanks!
Old 02-21-07, 08:32 PM   #746
melnibonian
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
That´s the first time I heard that Finland surrendered... few veterans would have something to say about that.

Peace treaty my friend.
I totally agree with you Dowly. Finland lost the Winter War against the USSR but never surrendered. They did sign a peace treaty that was very harsh on Finland but at least the country managed to stay 'partially independant' (as the Soviets had 'opinions' in foreign policy until 1990s) and without soviet occupation troops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_War
melnibonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 06:28 AM   #747
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224

Hi there,
kindly asking for help.My deck gun is not functional after GWX installation.I place three men there and I got "no more ammunition" message even both guns are full according to the ammunition screen.Flak gun is OK.It's weird.I've also re-installed the game with 1.4b patch + GWX + GWX 1.2 patch and it's still the same.Do you know what's the reason,please?Thanks a lot.
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 06:36 AM   #748
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat
Hi there,
kindly asking for help.My deck gun is not functional after GWX installation.I place three men there and I got "no more ammunition" message even both guns are full according to the ammunition screen.Flak gun is OK.It's weird.I've also re-installed the game with 1.4b patch + GWX + GWX 1.2 patch and it's still the same.Do you know what's the reason,please?Thanks a lot.
Have you tried clicking on the shell/ammo graphic in the bottom right of the deck gun screen? By default the gun is not loaded, you must manually load it.
Old 02-22-07, 06:55 AM   #749
Swat
中国水兵

Downloads: 224

My God,I would say.....this is enormous - pervers - genius and logical in one!Still discovering those great features of GWX - THANKS A LOT PAL!!!!!!Now they can expect my HELL FIRE again.Thank you again.
Swat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-07, 07:37 AM   #750
u48
Mate

Downloads: 1

At the beginning of February 1940 the Finns made practical moves for the termination of the war in Finland. We learned through the Swedish Government that the Finnish Government desired to ascertain our terms upon which the war could be brought to a close. Before deciding this question, we approached the People's Democratic Government of Finland* for their opinion on this question. The People's Government expressed the view that in order to put an end to the bloodshed and to alleviate the condition of the people of Finland the proposal to terminate the war should be welcomed.

In the Ladogakarelian front Finns stopped all the Soviet attacks and thus the frontline held as it was. Overall orders were to keep all the ground possible, no matter the cost. Due to the ongoing peace negotiations, it was imperative to keep as much credibility as possible so that the peace would be a negotiated one, not a total surrender but still a surrender under the boot of an overwhelming enemy.

Last edited by u48; 02-22-07 at 07:49 AM.
u48 is offline   Reply With Quote